Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
Name: bharatj

Activity:
I am on almost daily for around 3-4 hours

Why Should I Be an MP?

First off, I would like to introduce myself to those of you who don't know me. I'm bharatj (obviously) and I am the Minister of Justice, a moderator, the owner of the company Blue Industries among others, and a Member of Parliament for the past 7 months. The reason I share this is to show that I have had many experiences on the server and can represent the best interests of the people. I also know the server quite well and am able to see what would be beneficial to the server and what wouldn't be. The time I've been on the server and the experiences I've had enable me to represent the people effectively and to the best of my ability. Weighing how it would benefit the server and how it could negatively change it, I can make the right decision. I also listen to the opinions of the players before voting on motions. The players are who Parliament exists for and I want to represent those players as well as I can. Doing this requires active participation from the citizens in political discussion and parliament requests. I, as I always have, highly encourage the players to reach out to MPs to share their views on certain situations. I have had conversations with many people regarding certain motions and what they think of it. I listened and made a decision based off of the views shared by those people and how the server would benefit as a whole.

What Laws Would I Vote For/ Against:
I would vote for laws that would give better opportunities to more people, make the server more enjoyable for the players, and promote realism (within reason). I would not vote for laws that give too much power to one group, restricts opportunity, and would make the server less of a home for the players. Again, I'd like to stress that your opinion makes a difference, so if you have any regarding motions, please talk to an MP.

I'd like to point out a couple things I have done as an MP previously:
- Trains/ Buses Motion: Although this motion was vetoed, it was made to make transport more efficient, cheaper, and better for the newer players.
- Temporary Judges Laws: Designed to ensure that the judge does not get too much power, especially when it comes to a case they are involved in
- Minimum Wage: Makes sure that players are paid a sufficient amount for the work they do
- Majority Override of EOs: Originally in the Executive Orders motion, the Executive Orders could only be overridden by a unanimous vote by Parliament, but I insisted that a majority vote would immediately override an EO, so one person does not get too much power.

If you have any questions for me, I'm happy to answer them! I'd like to wish the other candidate good luck and once again stress that Parliament is there for the people, so please reach out to an MP if you have any opinions. Thank you for reading this and have a nice day!

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
Thanks! You too! :D

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice