Answered / Added Job Idea: Real Estate Agent

Grimoiire

Citizen
I had an idea for a new job the other day, bounced the idea off a few people and finally decided to bring it up here.
I know I haven't been a member of Business Craft for very long, but I hope that my suggestions can help one way or another. But, to get to the point: enter the Real Estate Agent.

Their primary job would be to have knowledge of all available apartments and plots with the ability to relay that information to any interested citizen. I've noticed that it's rather difficult to know what is for sale and where without traveling to every city, spending a decent amount of time running around looking for signs and empty plots. This could be a thing of the past when all you have to do is ask a Real Estate Agent. Should this job be implemented my hope is that plot owners and renters will work together with the agents to inform them of the current areas that they have for sale. Keeping the agent up-to-date on the latest on estate sale.
The secondary job of the agent would be to assist new players in finding apartments for rent. In the ideal circumstance, once the Tour Guide is finished educating and giving the basics of the server, they would then turn the player over to the Real Estate Agent. The agent would then direct the player to an available apartment. I realize that this is currently part of the Tour Guide's job, but not only have I noticed that there seems to be a lack of official Tour Guides, but I also don't believe that reassigning a piece of what the Tour Guide is expected to do to will change the job in any way. The guide still has plenty to do answering questions and guiding around new players.

In terms of payment, I have two ideas on how the Real Estate Agent job could function.
The first option is that the agent is a government paying position similar to the Tour Guide, receiving a certain amount of Krunas per 15 minutes.
The second option being that the Real Estate Agent would be paid by striking deals with local apartment/plot owners. For example, in exchange for directing new players to a specific apartment complex, the agent could either receive a set wage paid by the apartment owner (k?? per 15 minutes) or a cut of the monthly rent for each player they direct to said apartment. This could be negotiated between the agent and the apartment owner.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to any suggestions/comments you guys may have.

Kat

flower girl
Donator
I think this is a great idea! I have also seen recently many new players asking for the location of apartments and there not being either a tour guide on or one completely unsure as to where all the new apartments are. And while it is a tour guides job to know the city and it's area, it's quite a hassle keeping up with all the new additions and changes. This would implement 1. A new job option 2. Better communication between landlords and renters (the Real Estate Agent of course becoming the better connection) and 3. It would tackle the issue of making more people aware of the different sites they can settle down. It's also a great way to bring more business to the landlords of said apartments by offering extra advertisement.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Well, honestly I have just seen Tour Guides do this in the past, I don't really think we need another job if its just branching off from another job. I really do think this is a good idea but I think that real estate agents shouldn't be paid by the government, since Tour Guides are only paid due to the fact that they have to help new players . and I don't really think that the government would like to charge NEW players.