Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
- Username: Vroomba
- Suggestion Title: Slimefun Plugin | Reprise! | Exotic Gardens | Cs-CoreLib
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): Yes
- Link to Plugin: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/slimefun/files/2505640, https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/exotic-garden ,https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/sensible-toolbox, (if already not installed, then https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/cs-corelib)
- Elaborate:
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........................................................................................................

The Slimefun plugin has been suggested before, BUT,
We've looked into this in the past and decided not to. But we may have another look. (Source: FriedPotaters's Slimefun suggestion)
which was the answer to the most recent answered plugin suggestion for Slimefun. Therefore, the interest for Slimefun was not there at the time, but he does state we may have another look.

Therefore, I bring to you.... Slimefun Plugin | Reprise! Special Edition, Exotic Gardens!

I am no expert at Slimefun, please do correct me, I'm not sure if this could work but let me know in the comments if I am indeed wrong.
Note: CLICK ON THE SPOILERS!

Let's start with the first words you see upon entering the Exotic Gardens' Bukkit Website (Yes, Bukkit plugins work on Spigot + Paper)
"Exotic Garden is a Slimefun Addon which
generates new Plants all over your World.
It includes several new Fruits as well as
their trees and new Berries and Berry Bushes.
But of course it also adds a couple new Food Sources
to the game. For every Berry there is also a Juice,
a Smoothie and a Pie available.
However there are only some Fruits which also
come with their Juice and Pies.
And if you dont happen to be lucky and find a Bush/Tree
in the world, you can also obtain them by breaking
tall grass."

- TheBusyBiscuit

As you may have noticed, I am not particularly interested in installing every stinking plugin Slimefun has to offer, only the Exotic Gardens part. I believe this would be beneficial for our server as it would offer a much more larger culinary aspect to the server. It would greatly expand the current brewing recipes (since many have been suggested but failed to be implemented), and it would add an astronomical amount of new food items, including fruit cheese, more every-day food items such as sandwiches, bushes, and so much more.

Here is a list of what Exotic Gardens has to offer for us:
NOTE: Exotic Gardens would require the Slimefun plugin AND the Cs-CoreLib plugin to work.
Trees
  • Apple Oak Tree
  • Coconut Palm
  • Pomegranate Tree
  • Cherry Tree
  • Lemon Tree
  • Plum Tree
  • Lime Tree
  • Orange Tree
Bushes
  • Raspberry Bush
  • Blueberry Bush
  • Cranberry Bush
  • Blackberry Bush
  • Grape Bush
  • Elderberry Bush
  • Cowberry Bush
Plants
  • Strawberry Plant
  • Tomato Plant
  • Corn Plant
  • Lettuce Plant
  • Tea Leaf Plant
  • Cabbage Plant
  • Sweet Potato Plant
  • Mustard Seed Plant
Food
  • Juices
  • Smoothies
  • Coconut Milk
  • Wine
  • Various Iced Tea flavours
  • Thai Tea
  • Sweetened Tea
  • Pies
  • Jelly Sandwiches
  • Pumpkin Bread
  • Potato Salad
  • Chicken Sandwich
  • Fish Sandwich
  • Egg Salad
  • Tomato Soup
  • Strawberry Salad
  • Grape Salad
  • Cheesecake
  • Cherry Cheesecake
  • Blueberry Cheesecake
  • Biscuit
  • Blackberry Cobbler
  • Pavlova
  • Corn on the Cob
  • Creamed Corn
  • Sandwich
  • BLT
  • Leafy Chicken Sandwich
  • Leafy Fish Sandwich
  • Hamburger
  • Cheeseburger
  • Bacon Cheeseburger
  • Deluxe Cheeseburger
  • Carrot Cake
  • Jammy Dodger
  • Bacon
  • Chickenburger
  • Chicken Cheeseburger
  • Bacon Burger
  • Bacon Sandwich
  • Taco
  • Fish Taco
  • Pancakes
  • Blueberry Pancakes
  • Fries
  • Popcorn
  • Shepard's Pie
  • Chicken Pot Pie
  • Chocolate Cake
  • Cream Cookie
  • Blueberry Muffin
  • Chocolate Chip Muffin
  • Chocolate Bar
  • Boston Cream Pie
  • Hot Dog
  • Bacon wrapped Cheese filled Hot Dog
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake
  • Pumpkin Muffin
  • Lamington
  • Waffles
  • Sweet Potato Pie
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Sweetened Tea
  • Lemonade
  • Club Sandwich
  • Burrito
  • Chicken Burrito
  • Grilled Sandwich
  • And much more
Magical Plants
  • Coal Plant
  • IronPlant
  • Gold Plant
  • Redstone Plant
  • Lapis Plant
  • Slime Plant
  • Ender Plant
  • Glowstone Plant
  • Obsidian Plant
  • Diamond Plant
  • Emerald Plant
  • Quartz Plant
Misc
  • Crook
  • Grass Seeds
  • Mayo
  • Cornmeal
  • Mustard
  • BBQ Sauce
Furthermore, here are some images directly from the bukkit page for you that shows the fruit trees.
Tree/Bushes Images (Source: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/exotic-garden)
998a7212bfac714dc5c0f84580fdeeeb.png d54caa9cd8d2cab668e31ccca98fa7d9.png
Already, I feel overwhelmed by the amount of content this one extension of Slimefun has to offer for us. It is inevitable to not see how this type of plugin could enhance not only enhance the server's reality aspect that, we, as a community thrive to aim for on a constant basis, but it would also allow for a plethora of new business to emerge, therefore enhancing the economy.
Businesses/Jobs such any of the following and possibly more could emerge:
- Catering
- Culinary Restaurants
- Culinary Critics (More media based businesses, some could solely focus on food reviews and restaurant reviewing)
- Chefs
- Jamba Juices
- Bakeries
- Pubs/Grills
- Food Storage
- Player owned Grocery Stores
- Drinking age? Mentioned in parliament
- and so much more.

This plugin would allow this to happen because it offers a much larger diversity in the foods we could consume. With the current food selection basic minecraft mechanics and the brewery plugin has to offer, there is not much. Everything is for the most part obtainable after a day or two. However, this plugin will add so much more that it would be nearly impossible to fully supply and unlimited amount of the foods on that list. With our current culinary abilities, everyone can cater basically any food rendering the culinary arts business to be small and almost non-existent. The culinary business is a thing on the server, but for the most part, it struggles to pull through and become sucessful large-scale businesses. An example of this is one player who used to the most amazing pescatarian-vegan-organic-gluten/soy/sugar-free pies here and there (@Libnah). Unfortunately, I have not seen any ads for pies and therefore have been unable to enjoy a delicious, yet healthy desert in some time now.

This plugin would not only appeal to the business and reality aspect to the server, but it could also enlighten the roleplay aspect that we try to accomplish.

Furthermore, overall, adding all this stuff would for sure be exciting. Who wouldn't want to have a nice grilled cheese sandwich after a long day of studying and taking exams at the University? As I have never worked with Slimefun on a server before, I am oblivious to any of the lag that it causes, any problems that may or may not surface, and oblivious to any other negatives that this plugin could bring.

On the other side, many players have already shown their support for the plugin SLIMEFUN overall, not the Exotic Gardens extension specifically.
This includes but is not limited to (Ordered in Latest to Oldest)
From @cloudysav's 2018 October Election Post:
  • Your username-PendingName
[Debate Question] 13. There have been suggestions of season and food plugins, among other things. Can you think of any plugins you want added?

I personally am ALL about plugins! People play BC because of the community and plugins that make it fun, any other towny type server isnt popular because of no plugins. It's the whole reason we all love it right? The realism is like playing life, and it gives you a glimpse of the real world for young people (doctor billing, jobs, gov jobs, police) it's great. If we get more plugins people wont want to leave ever! These plugins would be so very fun and also give us a culinary job! Slimefun is a great realistic plugin, Clothing ones have been thrown around, and electricity could be found in slimefun. I love plugins so much and want more but i know the lag cost
From @_CranberrySprite's 2018 October Election Post:
I'd certainly like to add SlimeFun's energy (and related SlimeFun stuff) plugin, which could create the Department of Energy. In addition to the previously mentioned bills (or yes votes) I would create, I would also like to make improvements to our freeway system.

- SlimeFun Electricity should be added for realism. It can create jobs and a whole new apartment, as well.
From @FriedPotaters's Plugin suggestion
- Suggestion Title: Slimefun plugin
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): Slimefun is a plugin which aims to basically turn your Bukkit Server into a modpack like FTB without installing a single mod. It offers everything you could possibly imagine. There are many things you can do with this plugin so off the top of my head you can start labs/grow custom trees to make food/bushes/backpacks/guns/etc. There are many addons that you can add to customize the server, so really it's up to what you want to add.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): Yes
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/slimefun ADDONS FOR THE PLUGIN - https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/slimefun/pages/addons
- Additional Information: A lot of people on the server want this plugin and addons added.

Finally and lastly, I hope this suggestion is seriously considered. The 'Exotic Gardens' extension, again, has not been directly suggested. However, I believe, currently, it is the most beneficial to the server as it invokes the powers of new businesses, reality, roleplay, and honestly, it's more fun.

The player base has greatly grown over the last year, and even so last two years I have been here. I believe this greatly deserves to be added now, and if not now, then perhaps in the near future. Yes; this will probably require a lot of thinking to do and work to implement. However, for now, I believe it is better than implementing guns. And possibly, it could create a new government department in the food industry? Who knows?

Thanks for reading this. I seriously hope it gets implemented.

Last edited:

William_CTO

Creator of Dark Mode on Forums
Donator
William_CTO
William_CTO
Tier4
I am all for enabling this specific extension of Slimefun. Slimefun itself has been buggy and bloated in my past experience, but if this could be tested and vetted, I believe new and old players would enjoy it a ton. As Vroomba said, it does open doors to new business opportunities and could very much add another dimension of play.

I would be more than willing to participate in testing and vetting the plugin as well to see if it is actually practical to add.

puppy_lover153

Citizen
Donator
If all goes well, I would love for this plugin to be implemented! It would add more variety of foods and new business's could arise from this. I would personally try to make one of every item in this plugin. :p

eeeeeeeeeeeeee.png
I just see a lot of complications down the line if the server has to rely off of non official updates by random people. You also have to take in count that not all of the addons will be updated either. Now keep in mind that this plugin is being updated by a group of players and it has a discord dedicated towards this plugin but you have to see the risks in adding something like this. It's updated to 1.14 already which is a good thing and shows that players are updating this plugin but it's not by the creator.

It's up to the owner if he wants to take the risk of adding this and it not being updated in the future but I would still enjoy the features it offers. Some of the features would have to be removed as this plugin adds a lot of unrealistic features and a lot of realistic features.

William_CTO

Creator of Dark Mode on Forums
Donator
William_CTO
William_CTO
Tier4
@FriedPotaters thank you for pointing that out. I agree there is a huge amount of risk involved adding an abandoned plugin. @Vroomba can you look for an alternative plugin that adds similar features?

@FriedPotaters thank you for pointing that out. I agree there is a huge amount of risk involved adding an abandoned plugin. @Vroomba can you look for an alternative plugin that adds similar features?
It's not necessarily abandoned but the original creator isn't working on it anymore. It's an open source plugin and it has a discord dedicated to updating the plugin. Go check out the discord for the plugin first because there's more information on future plans and other things. It's updated to 1.12/1.13/1.14 so in it's current state it would definitely work.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
I looked through all alternative options before posting this suggestion... Slimefun has the most and even though the updates are by 'random people', they're experienced and motivated since according to him, they've created a discord.

I believe it's a risk worthwhile. It offers so much more items as mentioned above. Again- Exotic Gardens has the most items available out of any plugin, + it's updated.

Besides, the new updates get reviewed almost immediately, so if there are risks, we would know in advance since the 1.12.2 files have been released for probably a long time now. @William_CTO

catfriedrice

Citizen
I'm going to smack this post up to the top instead of creating a whole new post with all the same info. Now that we're at 1.15 and the program is at 1.16, we know it'll maintain updates (and probably faster than this server will). 1.15 should be stable enough. I know we have advanced food, so a decision would need to be made on keeping that or replacing. I would personally be willing to sacrifice AdvanceFood for this given the sheer number of items it offers.

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
I'm going to smack this post up to the top instead of creating a whole new post with all the same info. Now that we're at 1.15 and the program is at 1.16, we know it'll maintain updates (and probably faster than this server will). 1.15 should be stable enough. I know we have advanced food, so a decision would need to be made on keeping that or replacing. I would personally be willing to sacrifice AdvanceFood for this given the sheer number of items it offers.
Doesn't that kinda nerf chefs entire livlihood?

catfriedrice

Citizen
Doesn't that kinda nerf chefs entire livlihood?
Good news is it doesn't, it actually boosts it with more options. While I don't know what all chef recipies would be lost (i cannot find coke and pepsi) most are going to get a boost. Can only make Hamburgers now; Check that now there are Bacon Cheeseburgers, BLTs, Chicken Sandwiches, etc. It would boost the chefs options 20-50x more. It boosts farmers obviously, it boosts lumberjacks with more tree produce (if that option passes), it boosts brewers with more alcohol/drink options or different recipies. If it mixes with the disease/pharmacy it might boost them slightly with different crafting items (but I doubt it). It doesn't help writers but I still want Artmap (prior Ask)

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
Forget this. They Have Mayo, Mustard AND BBQ sauce but not ketchup? Thats messed up, ketchup is the best food ever... also, doesn't this require that we basically renew the entire server for them to spawn in?

GarMen

Veteran Player
Donator

to be comptley honste this post at the top is extremely convoluted. I think makeing a new post which is more organized would be much better/

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
to be comptley honste this post at the top is extremely convoluted. I think makeing a new post which is more organized would be much better/
I think this thread summarizes up Slimefun pretty well. Having worked with this plugin I can confirm it's extraordinarily laggy, both client and server side.

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
This was in the talks a while back; we decided against it due to its complexity in coinciding with our theme/configuring it accordingly, and it can also be very server demanding, as Creep said.