Answered / Added The Unpopular Solution to The Economy

Is the economy a significant problem for the server.

• Yes.

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I do not really understand why people say there is an issue.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clayupay

Citizen
Donator
Well I am here to discuss the issue of our economy issue very few want to talk about.

It is hard for me to suggest this to our group because it will most likely lead to some very upset loyal players.
I hope that everyone will keep a positive attitude and an open mind. I am sure that so many people that play have spent hundreds, for some close to a thousand or more hours on the server.

I think we all know that the economy has issues on the server. I have heard from multiple people that Kr holds no weight in the economy anymore no one will sell their spawn plots because they are all so priceless.
I have heard people say they give away their money because they do not know what to do with it. With over 90% of spawn plots bought and not much room for expansion maybe it's time for something new, maybe it's time for a clean slate.

What led the economy to a bad place? This is my opinion, but the over pricing of buying items from the government shop. Why not encourage players to specialize in there own trade and offer different ways for the gov economy to compete with emeralds but lower the amount of inflation offer ways for smaller companies to supply the bigger companies. If you are going to have money entering the economy you need to have it exit the economy just as fast. Having a death tax of 2% having a bi monthly property tax on buildings have PI's estimate the price of buildings for property taxes. All of these taxes, the warp taxes, the airport taxes, would give the government money, then the government would only be able to buy what the government had money for. Income would be originally generated with 3 Million the government has being paid to the doctors, hunters, PI the contractors and this would start moving the money around in the economy.

I'm not sure if this is the best solution but I do know one thing. This servers economy is not doing well and I don't think there's a way to fix it.

What I do know is we wanna play 1.3, 1.4 and have a fresh start. That's my 2 cents and I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts.

Sherlock001

Citizen
Yeah the inflation is a problem, but players are working on coming up with soloutions all the time and I am positive that something will come up soon enough. However there are a few positive sides to the whole emerald trading industry. New players now can way easier get a simple job, fast and then be able to learn and exsperience the server for themselves. These new players need houses or bases when they want to exspand and make it on their own. Then they hire builders wich again hire material companys creating a drip down effect where the emerald trading money gets spread out on all the different businesses on the server. This has made it way more motivating for players to stay on the server and give it a go because they can now more easily see their own progress. Jobs that previous wasnt even an option to earn money on are becoming a thing. Lawyers for example has been a thing people have wanted to do but nobody would employ it, now you can apply to become a lawyer for bigger companys. Real estate has gottn a huge boost since more players can afford houses. Enchanting has been going well and have the potential to go even better with the larger companys needing tools and armor. Redstone exsperts gets hired to craft semi auto factories and so on. Even writers are starting to make some money now xD So my point of view is that the money coming from it may be a bit high tbh but having a "farm" industry that requires large size and alot of employees who dont necessarily need to be talented on say building or redstoning is good since it increases our player base. And creates the need for larger companys. Its also a huge amount of work to create and run these type of companys. Wich needs many hours of playtime not to only make but also run. And its starting to even make a competitive market wich tbh I havent realy seen that much off.

Clayupay

Citizen
Donator
I see where your going Sherlock. I do but last night I was playing around and I asked a player if I could buy a spawn plot from him he has at least 5. And his response was no when I asked him why I was stunned. He said “money means nothing on this server XD” then later said “I’ve given away over 300,000$”... Don’t you think that’s an issue no one puts value in the currency.

Remove all of the shops causing inflation = People still have massive amounts of krunas/items/plots/etc meaning the inflation was not fixed.

Restart the entire server and remove the shops = I quit and many others will quit as 2 years of progress is gone but it will allow for a more balanced economy.

Rework the economy around Minecraft features = Instead of going against the grain why don't we follow the flow and instead of building a game around an economy you build the economy around the game. Increase plot prices/wilderness regions prices/rework shop prices either higher or lower depending on the item. When new jobs are added they should be able to make similar amounts to emerald trading DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH WORK THEY PUT INTO THE JOB resulting in players not being forced into farming/emerald trading if they want to achieve balancetop.

Overall there's no reason the even post our suggestion as most of them are ignored and forgotten after a day. Yes I have given over 300,000 and countless plots away just to prove a point that this servers economy is shit and emerald trading isn't the cause of it being shit as it is one of the only features that is enjoyable for the majority of hardcore players on the server. Do you all want a business server or a survival roleplay server? 2019-03-13_12.36.06.png 2019-03-17_19.53.31.png 2019-03-23_22.35.14.png 2019-03-23_22.35.17.png 2019-03-27_15.07.26.png 2019-04-20_15.02.52.png 2019-04-20_15.03.02.png 2019-04-20_15.05.27.png

2019-04-20_15.10.43.png

Attachments

• 2019-04-20_15.03.00.png
    2019-04-20_15.03.00.png
    752 KB · Views: 5

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
Remove all of the shops causing inflation = People still have massive amounts of krunas/items/plots/etc meaning the inflation was not fixed.

Restart the entire server and remove the shops = I quit and many others will quit as 2 years of progress is gone but it will allow for a more balanced economy.

Rework the economy around Minecraft features = Instead of going against the grain why don't we follow the flow and instead of building a game around an economy you build the economy around the game. Increase plot prices/wilderness regions prices/rework shop prices either higher or lower depending on the item. When new jobs are added they should be able to make similar amounts to emerald trading DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH WORK THEY PUT INTO THE JOB resulting in players not being forced into farming/emerald trading if they want to achieve balancetop.

Overall there's no reason the even post our suggestion as most of them are ignored and forgotten after a day. Yes I have given over 300,000 and countless plots away just to prove a point that this servers economy is shit and emerald trading isn't the cause of it being shit as it is one of the only features that is enjoyable for the majority of hardcore players on the server. Do you all want a business server or a survival roleplay server? View attachment 2984 View attachment 2985 View attachment 2986 View attachment 2987 View attachment 2988 View attachment 2989 View attachment 2991 View attachment 2992

View attachment 2994
It seems you giving money to people who don't earn it is adding to the issues regarding inflation and a fucked up economy. you say people will get mad and quit in the event of a server reset, but you don't think some who worked hard to get what they got wont get a bit irritated when people just get thousands handed to them for doing nothing? You say you see the problems regarding inflation and want them fixed, however you seem to be a cause of this inflation issue

It seems you giving money to people who don't earn it is adding to the issues regarding inflation and a fucked up economy. you say people will get mad and quit in the event of a server reset, but you don't think some who worked hard to get what they got wont get a bit irritated when people just get thousands handed to them for doing nothing? You say you see the problems regarding inflation and want them fixed, however you seem to be a cause of this inflation issue
"handed to them for doing nothing"2222.jpg

Clayupay

Citizen
Donator
I want to break down your argument so we can see how your suggestion, really your post doesn't even belong here.
#1 your first argument it seems like your trying to be sarcastic like if it wouldn't stop the economy from getting worse and worse. My response would be that if you remove the shops that are now in place that allow people to gain growth it would allow for the market to start to regain a balance. If you add, for a short time, items that you could buy in game for some to stack up on it could improve the game later. Suppose spawn was moved and prices of plots were 50-70 K this would cause a massive amount of current assets many have to be spent. Each player would understand that spawn would be moved again in 6-8 more months. This would have a huge effect leaving many to spend much of their money. but also allowing for people to start fresh again in 6-8 months. This may also come with a limit of how many plots you can own at one time in each city.

View attachment 2994

#2 Lets face it people will threaten to leave if the server restarts, but many will join! Those who are not there to continue to play throughout a server restart are lame lol they can be fun. I like restarting time to time, its not about where i am going or how fast i get there its about the experiences I have on the way. Big business will be starting a new life trying to become the top. Activity will climb and people will enjoy competing against others.

Plus if people leave because the server is fixed, is not that pretty conceded of them to think of themselves instead of the servers future?

View attachment 2994

View attachment 2994

#3 There is a lot to address in this section, and I cannot believe I'm about to tackle this. If we increase prices of plot prices and wilderness regions it wont hurt the rich, there is actually a pretty good argument that it will only help the rich get richer. See if you increase prices of regions then the people starting will have an even harder time settling in while the rich just have to dip a little deeper into their pockets. Shop prices need to be reworked like you were saying but they all need to be worked down, people should not be buying pumpkins for 2-3 X the amount of glass.... That is ridiculous. And just increasing pay is not going to help inflation this is not even helping the issue.

Last edited:

Clayupay

Citizen
Donator
So time has passed and we can see that as of now 15 people have voted, some new some old. However 10 people would say there is something significantly wrong with the economy. I want to know what others think, what solutions sound like they are worth a shot, other then lowering the price of emeralds I’m fairly sure that will be lowered. So what’s next?

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
We won't be resetting the economy or player balances as veterans will not be motivated to continue playing.
We're working on making changes to the economy, specifically making emerald trading less significant.
As for taxes, I replied to a suggestion today explaining that they won't be added as it'll be impossible to actually regulate them automatically.