Lawsuit: Adjourned Hydra Industries vs William_CTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherlock001

Citizen

Hydra Industries-Lawsuit.

As CEO of Hydra Industries, I am hereby suing William_CTO, on the behalf of Hydra Industries. I will be starting with what specific laws we are using as grounds for our lawsuit. Then I will go into detail as to why we are using those specific laws. Then a list of other reasons for a lawsuit not backed by a direct lawbreak I could find. then a list of all the proof I can provide will be listed for the court to review. I will conclude my lawsuit with a finishing statement.

Backstory:

So to be sure everyone knows the truth about this I will aswell list the backstory of this lawsuit so we don’t spend any extra and not needed time on it. So I posted information I shouldn’t have posted to my executive channel. Witness Doc.Thunder. As he can confirm I have apologized and been fired as ABS. Another reason why Im telling this is because It could seem to some that that's what this suit is about. So I will just be clear right away, its not. I have a “spy” on my board of executives. Which has strongly hurt our business and the company. We have had to shut off on our expansions plans which would help cities/towns like Kyethelion Shores ( I know I didn't spell that right), Palm Bay and Covington grow. Hydra has always been about employing and giving new players a chance to get into the game with a company so they will be motivated to stay. Now we have not been able to do that now, because we have closed of management until we know who the spy is. So with this suit i'm only looking to know who the spy is.

Section A, laws:

Anti corporate espionage

Strict honesty in court law

Section B Elaboration:

Anti corporate espionage
- This law states that a member of the government cannot get a hold of corporate information that the owner or leader of said company has not approved to be shared with the public. Unless he has a warrant from a judge beforehand. William_CTO works for the government. Now I am fine with the screenshot I posted being shared with william as I deserved my punishment for that. William however has refused to share who the breach is meaning he has access to all of Hydra’s business ideas, plans for the future and other classified company information. Hence his username he work as a high ranking executive at Meridian Corporation (MCorp) This gives me the reason to suspect he could in the future if not done already use his link to Hydra to sabotage us in the business world of the server. Now I do not know how the leak was made as you will see in my list of evidence William has given contradicting replies to this (will explain later in the suit). But as you will see there is reason to believe hes rank as government official was used in some way to obtain the information thus making it as well fall under the law of Anti corporate espionage. If needed the grounds for this law can be discussed more, trying to keep it short.Now would like to add that one of the punishments listed in the corporate espionage bill is a strip of goverment rank

Strict honesty in court law:

The strict honesty law states that you cannot lie in the court. Now from my point of view I wanna know the truth about who the leak is, and without making assumptions I believe the court wants the truth as well. So with the support of this law I would like to present William as a witness, maybe a hostile one but a witness nonetheless as he knows what's going on and under the honesty in court has to tell the truth about it so this could help be the end of the whole ordeal.

Section C

As you will see later on in my screenshots provided as proof. I will be showing for one thing mine and williams conversation. In this conversation he states that DoCE will sue me. And then later on told me (as u will see in the pictures) that if I did not go forward with this lawsuit the DoCE would not sue me. “the action, treated as a criminal offence, of demanding payment or another benefit from someone in return for not revealing compromising or damaging information about them”. <- Is a dictionary definition of blackmail. By telling me to drop a lawsuit. He is demanding the payment in the form of me not doing this lawsuit so he would not sue me which would be dmg thowards me. It is also considered a threat. Now as doc.thunder can confirm. William lied about doce suing me wich is also not a strictly speaking good thing. These are brought into the lawsuit but I have not spesified what law it breaks cuz Im not sure but the violations are as listed:

Blackmail

Threatning

Using the Department of commerce and education to lie and for leverage.

Section D Evidence;

Witness list;

Dr.thunder7

William_CTO

Sherlock001

Bharath (not involved but could be called if needed)

Evidence:

iAxvM1DsrBIdAAHidSeWkD7fV4YhSfap9GeQ1tb6k6bEH24thwoag47FFsu8MhHnolYtAiKjpxGqOcsAmvEXyBa_Cbk_wKa4BAi8fp-UeI_Sz0yJH4Tlz0ErZwbOkXkaDZJWKJzD

HiC-66CiHCf9T44TL59K-viHRiPY4hVMm4zqFHk1B3jbz7T_Q2qpxEtRJsdM7nM9EbkAkYiGViN2hMuTepg9xi5rLpkejBV-H6PQQnkRUlSmVIyOBhmMPbzHZUkF23g78Coie8ME

zEdOwbVNtmkWq__rXeKlmogZARMGT1NR15eijm2rHoQOebpwGKYS65OTBXSo-FOznPqhkkaYHses5GyzRQf-8BSX_251XCETgj1aLnXhCTlD1kStA83dxcknjneDOWsLm0sryv3w

bJxwR9qmV2R_NpdOloVDV0Uz0yLlsOnSiLqplq4viHLIaERs_RBWMO8j16-EvZjrSC0-whc8aIZdAwYL-HN0cZ27FAg8blsjp3AhAC_oGH16WPvnSvsdD42OYCXlv3r4eUAjxIri

So he says “Im not permitted to tell” and “I won't tell you how I got it” This early on suggests he knew who it was. And I find not knowing hard to believe myself as he said it was sent on discord which means it shows a username. When he sees I am serious though he goes back on what he is saying and tries to tell he don't know who it is.

Finishing statement:

So as I said I am not looking to have anyone punished. Here is all the facts, and I want to know who it is leaking sensitive corporate information to William before they leak business plans or something that would hurt our economy. As the loss of that could be several thousend krunas loss. So I would like (without being rude) to ask the court to ask who it was who shared it to so I can demote said person. The Lawsuit shows that how it is all done is in violation with the laws.

I would also like to know that even though one of the points of concern I bring up is that william works for MCorp I have no proof that he has so far provided them with any sensitive information and thus do not wanna bring Meridian Corporation into this lawsuit in any way. Williams role within Meridian is mentioned to show how this could be corruption.

Signed CEO of Hydra Industries: Sherlock001.

Sherlock001

Citizen
I have spoken with Judge Matty, so this is not me speaking out of line or being in contempt of court. I am making a slight change. I have now gotten the information I have requested in this lawsuit. Thus I am removing the part about espionage since that leak in my company is closed and I no longer need worry about info getting out. So would not be faire to keep it in the lawsuit. Thank you. Note: Rest of the lawsuit still stands.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
@[COLOR=#ff8000]William_CTO[/COLOR] is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @[COLOR=#ff8000]William_CTO[/COLOR] , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge Matty707 Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

The Department of Justice, @[COLOR=rgb(0, 89, 179)]bharatj[/COLOR] will be tasked with messaging the Defendant regarding this civil court case.

I would also like to remind all parties involved about the strict Honesty in Court Law.

Thank you.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
I, William_CTO acknowledge the case and am appointing @Tree60NoScope as my lawyer.

Thank you for you response to this civil court hearing.

I approve and will allow Mr. @Tree60NoScope to speak for you and be your attorney during the time this court process takes place. He will be tied to the same Honesty in Court laws as well.

I will now allow the Defendant to provide a rebuttal against the Plaintiff's claims stated above in the original post.

You may proceed . . .

Tree60NoScope

Citizen
Donator
Hello and thank you, Your Honor.

The first thing I would like to restate is that Sherlock has dropped the portions of the case relating to corporate espionage. This leaves us with three other possible charges. Sherlock is pursuing this case for
Blackmail

Threatning

Using the Department of commerce and education to lie and for leverage.
As you will soon see, these are additional charges that have no real bearing to the case.

This case was built upon the foundation of wanting to know who leaked screenshots incriminating Sherlock to an employee of the Department of Commerce and Education. Sherlock says as much claiming that
So with this suit i'm only looking to know who the spy is.
as well as
So as I said I am not looking to have anyone punished.
Sherlock previously has had no stated interest in pursuing damages, and in fact has not stated a punishment for any of the remaining charges.

Previous events have lead to the discovery of the following items
  1. The leaker did not disclose information beyond the incriminating evidence against Sherlock
  2. The identity of the leaker
  3. William_CTO was not contacted due to his connection to any corporation, but instead due to his connection to the DoCE, the department that the incriminating evidence involves.
  4. William_CTO did not and does not have a connection to Hydra Farming Industries beyond a professional level and has never sought out secret information from Hydra Farming Industries
William_CTO in screenshots has been defensive about any and all information relating the identity of the leaker at the request of the leaker, and all of his messages were made under impression that his statements were correct at the time.

The stated goal of this case has been accomplished, Sherlock has discovered the source of the leak

As a result of the prior factors, I motion to dismiss the case.

- Tree60NoScope

Last edited:

Sherlock001

Citizen
Okay so by permission of Judge Matty, given to me through discord I am now going to post my counter argument.

Fair points. As I removed the espionage part it no longer makes up the core of the lawsuit. As you said, we are now talking about the other listed points. Firstly I would like to point out that you never go on to say why blackmail and threatning has no legal bearing. But still Il provide proof now as to why.

I would like to refer to 2 following rules from the servers list of rules

-You need to be patient, respectful and show maturity at all times.

I do not see it as respectfull to threatn another player, and attempting to blackmail him into not pursuing a court trial. And I would like to point out that this should be considered more serious in this case because a branch of the government was used. Thus being a clear attempt at abuse of power by William in his position within the DoCE.

-Threatening the server or the players/staff is not allowed

- Now this one don’t need much explaining. It was a clear threat that if I pursued a court trial on this matter, I would be sued back. This was done without consent by the DoCE which I did not know at the time. Which is again an abuse of power and an attempt at threatning a player. Attempting to use the DoCE for personal gain by avoiding a court trial.

Now thank you for pointing out that I have not listed any punishments. Now the 2 things I explained above are direct violations of server rules. Therefore. I would like an admittance of guilt on the matter of attempting to Threatn me into not taking this to trial. I would also like a formal apology.

Other notes: One of the things William says is “Look I was just saying, if you drops this well be fine” Evidence.

Evidence list:

Definition of threatening/blackmail

In the legal sense, these are behaviors that appear to be disturbing, upsetting or threatening.

force (someone) to do something by using threats or manipulating their feelings.

Source of definition->

eRmwzHXKlADZpWgpkywsS60i9eddgnC5hfGn5fYcoGd9dOW0p2Nh4Injpk7Aq-jCaVivrwswNQ-jQ_rnLFxoJGabbGiG8e8qxlLVkSt751bKr-OW4fv-kiF3_y38LzY_7c-Cqnpo

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Okay so by permission of Judge Matty, given to me through discord I am now going to post my counter argument.

Fair points. As I removed the espionage part it no longer makes up the core of the lawsuit. As you said, we are now talking about the other listed points. Firstly I would like to point out that you never go on to say why blackmail and threatning has no legal bearing. But still Il provide proof now as to why.

I would like to refer to 2 following rules from the servers list of rules

I do not see it as respectfull to threatn another player, and attempting to blackmail him into not pursuing a court trial. And I would like to point out that this should be considered more serious in this case because a branch of the government was used. Thus being a clear attempt at abuse of power by William in his position within the DoCE.

- Now this one don’t need much explaining. It was a clear threat that if I pursued a court trial on this matter, I would be sued back. This was done without consent by the DoCE which I did not know at the time. Which is again an abuse of power and an attempt at threatning a player. Attempting to use the DoCE for personal gain by avoiding a court trial.

Now thank you for pointing out that I have not listed any punishments. Now the 2 things I explained above are direct violations of server rules. Therefore. I would like an admittance of guilt on the matter of attempting to Threatn me into not taking this to trial. I would also like a formal apology.

Other notes: One of the things William says is “Look I was just saying, if you drops this well be fine” Evidence.

Evidence list:

Definition of threatening/blackmail

In the legal sense, these are behaviors that appear to be disturbing, upsetting or threatening.

force (someone) to do something by using threats or manipulating their feelings.

Source of definition->

eRmwzHXKlADZpWgpkywsS60i9eddgnC5hfGn5fYcoGd9dOW0p2Nh4Injpk7Aq-jCaVivrwswNQ-jQ_rnLFxoJGabbGiG8e8qxlLVkSt751bKr-OW4fv-kiF3_y38LzY_7c-Cqnpo
Yes, I did provide him with the permission to speak next through discord.

Also, at this point, please proceed to respond to each other's responses until I have enough material. Please stay civil, and respectful of each other during this time. This is not a "Rant Session".

Tree60NoScope

Citizen
Donator
Blackmail has an implied gain in the favor of William_CTO. In this instance, William_CTO is acting as a member of the DoCE. He was acting as a pass through for the DoCE to talk to Sherlock.

This is important because William_CTO's statements are not there to directly benefit himself, but instead as a senior member of the DoCE. William_CTO had good reason to believe that the DoCE would sue, given that Sherlock was in direct violation of DoCE rules and regulations. William_CTO had also been given private information in faith that the identity of the leaker would remain a secret.

Sherlock's original lawsuit demanded that the identity of the leaker be found and directed to him. Given that the leak contained no information regarding company policy, Sherlock was attempting to use the legal system to find out who reported him for breaking the laws, and punish the player that reported him. William_CTO attempted to negotiate in order to keep the identity of the leaker as secret as possible. While Sherlock did not know the full contents of the leak, William_CTO did. William_CTO decided that the individual's identity was more important than any possible damage charges.

The potential result of a case ruling in Sherlock's favor would effectively prohibit reporting one's employer in fear of repercussions. This is a worst case scenario, a situation that William_CTO attempted to avoid.

Sherlock's own definition of blackmail is an example. It is sub-section underneath the absolute definition of blackmail as a verb. This can be seen in Sherlock's own screenshot. The real definition is indicated by a number instead of a bullet point.

The numbered definition of blackmail as a verb is "[to] demand money or another benefit from (someone) in return for not revealing compromising or damaging information about them." William_CTO does not benefit from negotiation, and at no point was compromising or damaging information involved. He has one possible motive, and that is the protection of the leaker.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sherlock claims that William_CTO violated two rules through his actions on discord (on his way to justify blackmail and threatening),

While the instance of threatening was dictated on the span of two total messages and has been thoroughly discussed, his other claim paints a picture that William_CTO acted rashly and without thought for the entire interaction. This could not be farther from the truth.

Throughout the discord conversation, Sherlock attempts to direct his issues to William_CTO. After realizing that the conversation was quickly becoming more about William_CTO and his actions as opposed to being connected to the whole of DoCE, William_CTO proceeded to take the following steps
  1. Respond to the messages directly and to the point
  2. Keep silent about DoCE decisions
  3. Apologize for a late response
These are the things that William_CTO did outside of protecting the anonymity of others. William_CTO followed DoCE protocol with no issues while remaining polite.

William_CTO's messages in all keep a polite and accepting tone while dealing with accusations that were untrue. Overall, the discord messages show William_CTO in a positive light. Though it still must be stressed that William_CTO thought at no point he would be sued, instead that the DoCE was under fire. Regardless, William_CTO responded to the accusations perfectly.

-Tree60NoScope

Last edited:

Tree60NoScope

Citizen
Donator
Your Honor,

The laws in other nations[1,2,3] show that a court is unable to force a defendant to give a statement of guilt.
With those laws in mind, is Sherlock's request of a statement of guilt valid in this court?
Demanding such a statement from the defendant would cause the defendant to be a witness against oneself.

-Tree60NoScope

[1]: America's Fifth Amendment (U.S. Const. amend. V)
[2]: Canadian Charter, c. 11.
[3]: Criminal Procedure Law of the People's Republic of China, art. 15

Last edited:

Sherlock001

Citizen
Admittance of guilt is an offer William can accept too. Secondly in the discors msgs William was not acting on the behalf of the DoCE when saying I would be sued back for suing him. This is pretty simple to argue. If DoCE was planning on suing me, they would. Regardless of me taking a member to trial on a civil case or not. Thus making the points valid. Now my points still stands about him threatning and forcing as you avoided the issue but rather chose to speak about the identity of the leak and all that. Now may I remind you it was excluded from the lawsuit by my request and that you accepted it. This here is to adress the fact that William cannot behave the way he did. And can not use the DoCE as leverage like he tried to do with me. As for your report on employer deal. The identity was found out. No punishments were given. Thus making the point invalid since you are speaking in fiction about the punishing. My case is about Williams behavior in this matter thus we can end it with him admitting hes guilt and formall apollogy. Had William treated me with respect and not threatned me, he could still have said No and I would not be suing for those charges. But william chose to act out like he did and attempt to use the DoCE for his personal gain.

In conclusion, this case will not prohibit anything else happening as I am suing for threats and disrespectfullness and not at all anything to do with anyone else. Now lets keep the case onpoint of those 2 things as you said urself the whole espionage part with leaker was excluded.

Sherlock001

Citizen
Settlement offer is: Admittance of Guilt and formal apology.

If not I would request the server punish in accordance too the rules I mentioned

Tree60NoScope

Citizen
Donator
Good, effective text-based communication requires a mutual agreement and understanding of syntax, grammar, and rules. Without that mutual understanding, the meaning and intent of a message cannot be derived. Sherlock often makes errors in syntax, grammar, and rules of the English language in his text, which causes confusion.

This lack of effective communication made it impossible for William_CTO to know that he was being sued directly. The events prior the the situation revolved around the DoCE and before the conversation DoctorThunder had verbally sent Sherlock to William_CTO. William_CTO was under the impression that any potential lawsuits revolved around the DoCE. Sherlock may implied that William_CTO was being sued, but it was never outright stated and William_CTO was unaware of any potential legal action against him until Sherlock filed this suit against him.

While the cooperate espionage portion of the case was dropped, the context between all communication between William_CTO and Sherlock was based in such charges. Blackmail cannot happen if William_CTO has nothing to hide.

William_CTO's fear of unjust punishment was valid at the time and may have come to fruition. However, the player that leaked the information had left the server before Sherlock could have punished them, leaving Sherlock's claim that he did not punish the leaker moot.

In short, William_CTO could not be using the DoCE for personal gain because he was unaware that he was a direct target. William_CTO had logical reasons to make the comments that he did, and he made the comments as a member of the DoCE, not as an individual.

I would like to have @William_CTO make a statement on the matter.

-Tree60NoScope

Last edited:

William_CTO

Creator of Dark Mode on Forums
Donator
William_CTO
William_CTO
Tier4
I have had trouble understanding Sherlock's written communication in the past, and continue to be unsure of his meanings due to a lack of proper grammar. I was asked by the Minister of the DoCE, @DoctorThunder7, to speak with Sherlock about the issue of the leaker. My entire communication with him was as a DoCE spokesman, not as an individual.

Tree60NoScope

Citizen
Donator
As we have established, William_CTO was not attempting to use the DoCE for personal gain.

Sherlock has based his suit off of blackmail and threatening. In order to justify his suit, he needed to have laws that were broken by William_CTO in order for a case to be valid. In order to do that, Sherlock quoted the following rules

Sherlock claims that both threatening and blackmail are covered under these rules. Blackmail however is not directly addressed. USLegal defines Blackmail as “ a crime that involves a threat with an intention to compel a person to do an act against his/her will [1].” Given that blackmail is stated as “a threat with an intention,” it is reasonable to consider blackmail a threat as well, given that blackmail has no rule or law written specifically about it. Sherlock must be suing for threating on both counts.

It must be stressed once again that the rule about threatening is a server rule. This is important as server rules have a protocol outside of the courtroom. The forum rule directly above one of Sherlock’s quoted rules states that “Rules are enforced by Staff members, Laws are enforced by the Government/Police Officers [2].” The proper place to punish server rules is in the player report forums. At the top of the form is the title ”This forum is designed for reporting players for violating server rules that are enforced by staff members [3].” It is physically impossible for the judge to make a decision on this case in matters relating to threats, as it would be under the jurisdiction of the server’s staff. This can directly be seen the attempted case Sherlock001 vs chocoface08, where Kat directly moved a suit about a server rule into the report a player section. With that, I would like to motion to dismiss the case

In addition, William_CTO and I would like to counter-sue Sherlock for a frivolous lawsuit as well as legal fees of 1000 Krunas to recoup the cost of labor.

Settlement offer is: Admittance of Guilt and formal apology.

If not I would request the server punish in accordance too the rules I mentioned

Sherlock’s case was originally made in the false premise that William_CTO had gained information beyond what William_CTO claimed he had learned, and when the possibility of cooperate espionage was simply impossible, Sherlock changed the case into one that simply cannot happen. With the quote above, Sherlock has made it evident that he was aware of the punishments for threats to players. Sherlock must have intentionally hid the proper procedures for dealing with threats from other players, or did not fully read the rules surrounding his charges causing an unnecessary lawsuit.

I, Tree60NoScope, have had to write multiple documents defending my client against charges that he cannot legally face in court. The cost of doing to has been determined between William_CTO and I to be 1000 Krunas and we request that amount be given to William_CTO.

Since the conception of this lawsuit, the premise, charges, or both have been made with either malicious intent or ignorance of the rules, and as such we would like to countersue.

-Tree60NoScope

Sources

[1] https://extortion.uslegal.com/blackmail-and-threats/

[2] https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/laws.2289/

[3] https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/player-report-format.13/

Last edited:

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Court Case Locked until further notice . . .

I have read through both parties contents provided here. I will need a bit more time to consider a final verdict. I do have a few concerns pertaining to court law and procedure. I will discuss those concerns with the DoJ Minister and PM.

Thank you.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
JUDGE'S RESPONSE

Analysis:
The Plaintiff @Sherlock001 has brought the Defendant @William_CTO to civil court on allegations of: 1.) Corporate Espionage 2.) Threatening with Blackmail

Substantial and in depth pieces evidence and explanations was provided by both parties in attempts to aide their side of what happened back in May 2019. There is much information to siphon through regarding this court case, so a final decision is not an easy one. It would appear that the Plaintiff is heavily keen that the law is understood and that the Defendant broke the law as an individual. During some moments of the case, the Plaintiff has openly dropped an allegation regarding to corporate espionage. The Defendant and Defendant's attorney have taken note of this and mainly focused on the allegations of "Blackmail" and "Threatening a Player" law. The Defendant's party is certain that these allegations are taken out of context and that @William_CTO was only acting out as a DoCE representative and not as an individual for personal gain.

The Plaintiff is only looking for an admittance of guilt and a formal apology from the Defendant as a settlement offer, if not the standard punishment provided by the Government of BusinessCraft. The Defendant's attorney, @Tree60NoScope , has motioned for the dismissal of this court case.

Conclusion:
In conclusion, I see this case being redirected away from the initial claims and out of scope. Allegations were dropped during the course of the lawsuit, and supportive evidence and explanations were provided to support the Defendant's side of the story. The fact being that the Defendant is employed by the DoCE and was instructed by the Minister of said department to investigate the underlying situation Sherlock found himself in which this case birthed from. I speak only as a BusinessCraft Judge, when I say I am convinced the Defendant was indeed acting out as a Government representative and should not have been singularly targeted. I am inclined to rule this lawsuit in favor of the Defendant on the grounds that the scope of the original lawsuit posting appears to have shifted out of context. However, I will not be granting the Defendant a chance to counter-sue the Plaintiff for the same reasons above.

Verdict:
As reigning Judge, I am ruling this civil lawsuit in the favor of the Defendant's party by dismissing the case from here out. The Plaintiff is to drop all allegations and charges, and their settlement offer is denied. Additionally, the Defendant's party will not be allowed to create a counter-lawsuit regarding the context of this case. I believe it would be best for both parties to bury the hatchet.

PS. My sincere apologies to everyone who's been anticipating the outcome of this civil court case. I hope this will put some ease on some individuals and/or dismiss many of your questions. Thank you for your time.

This court case is now adjourned.

Court Adjourned

This case was presided by Judge Matty707

klcPQA3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.