Corax's Election Post (June 2019)

Corax

Citizen
Donator
059ed926e552cd8cae49cf15191de378.png

I didn't want to make this post pretty boring, so I tried my best to keep it to a good length.
So, my IGN was recently changed to "rahetalius" but I still go by Corax_A1!
Most of you know me, but if you don't, let me introduce myself.

My name is Corax, as stated before. I have been a part of this community for over a year (just had the year anniversary!!) and I can say plainly that I loved my time on here. I have a playtime of more than 15 days, it was reset at a time. I am a current Community Coordinator, Member of Parliament, and Speaker of the Parliament. I'm 15 years old as of Jan. 11th.

I was a Member of Parliament for the April-May term, and also Speaker. I can say that now that I have more experience and knowledge of what Parliament does, I can help out more. I was even "the only non-staff mp" for that term, haha. Being a part of that team was definitely a fun time, and I really wanted to be part of it again, even with others. There were some laws that I have thought of already, and I definitely think players will be able to understand these laws more.

I'd vote for the laws that can benefit the players in a good way. I would always think of the players and how they could think of the new bills. I'll vote for the bills that aren't unnecessary and wouldn't make the law system more complicated.

Thank you for this opportunity to run and I hope you vote for me!

xx~ Corax

Last edited:

Corax

Citizen
Donator
Thanks for the support! If anyone has some questions I'll be more than happy to answer them. (:

Corax

Citizen
Donator
Some of you may not know, but I will not be attending the election debate on discord. I will be answering all of the questions from the debate on this thread. Thank you!

Kat

flower girl
Donator
Hi Corax, so regarding last term, it was pretty quiet and it didn’t seem like a lot got done, can you explain why that may have been and maybe what you will do differently if you are elected in?

Corax

Citizen
Donator
Hi Corax, so regarding last term, it was pretty quiet and it didn’t seem like a lot got done, can you explain why that may have been and maybe what you will do differently if you are elected in?
Hey, Kat. I saw that too in this term and I can't deny it. I was busy with a student council campaign IRL at that time. Well, now its the summertime and nothing much will be bothering me or keeping me away from my responsibilities. I don't think much know, but when I was in Parliament I always checked the motions, and tried my best to speak out my opinion. As I said, I was also very busy at that time. There were a couple of motions that were late (thats on my part, sorry mps) but I did get to them. I wont be busy much this summer so I can dedicate more time to BusinessCraft. What I would do if I get elected in again is be more active in the chats and get more opinions for new bills. And mmaaayybe (if i get elected SoP again) host meetings often.

Now I'd like to answer debate questions.

There have been suggestions of decentralizing the capital city, what are your thoughts on this? Do you think it will benefit the server? Please elaborate.

Decentralizing Capital City will be able to cause less traffic on that one part of BC
and put more on others. Lets say Covington, OCC, or other cities aren’t being used
to its full potential. So many players keep themselves in Capital City
that other cities don’t get used as much.

Having the PM and/or DPM being an elected position has been brought up numerous times in the past discussions, what is your stance on this topic? Why? If you agree to have these positions be elected, what should be the steps and requirements?

Having the Deputy Prime Minister be an elected position might be a good idea, but the Prime Minister should not. It should go a bit like the Representative Minister without Portfolio elections
as the Prime Minister can appoint them, but we, the people would vote.
Heres a link to the thread if you have not seen the bill. Click here.

Do you think Parliament should have jurisdiction over things currently decided upon by Cabinet other than just laws and government changes (Parliament’s current powers)?

I don’t think Parliament should have jurisdiction things decided by Cabinet.
Parliament currently has the power over laws, Ministers, or Votes of No Confidence
and honestly, Parliament should stick to that.

If you were elected/re-elected to Parliament, what ideas do you have that you believe would benefit the server if passed?

Alright. As most of you know, I’m a current MP and Speaker of Parliament. There were a couple of ideas that were brought up this term that we never got to. Like a limit to Lawsuits. Possibly 2 is enough. It also is related to the Edit to Frivolous Cases bill (thanks Libnah for bringing that up and giving me credit xx). Edits to PvP laws, then possibly newer laws.

Due to the crime rates spiking in the city more often, do you believe that the current PvP laws are too harsh, too lax, or just fine during this time? Please explain.

The current PvP laws are a tad bit harsh. 15 minutes for the first offence? This was discussed with Parliament recently, and I’d like to bring it up next term.

With the edit to frivolous cases bill being accepted, do you believe that people should have a limit/cool down on the number of cases they can present as part of the punishment? Why or why not?

Yeah. I brought this up this term, and was brought up last term (i think lol). As I said, it prevents Frivolous Cases. Possibly 2-3 are enough.

Term limits on MP positions, although have not been mentioned as much in recent, are a heavily debated topic.
What is your opinion on this? Explain your reasoning.

Ehhhhrrrmm, not too sure about this. If a player has been an MP for maybe like, uh, 3-4 terms they would have a 1-term cooldown? Some MPs still have great ideas for new laws, so I’m not too sure about this topic.

What is your biggest achievement on Businesscraft and how can it reflect with your term in Parliament?
It would have to be getting into Parliament! Haha, now that I've been in one term I definitely think understand more what Parliaments power is and now I know how to do everything :D