_Info_'s Election Post (June 2019)

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
Hi all, I know many of you have no idea who I am or what I have done on BC, and I can say that in the time that I have spent on this server recently I have learned about many of you through the discord chat and in game chat. I hope to continue meeting new people and becoming friends with each and every one of you!

So... Who am I?
My IGN is _Info_ and I've recently returned to the server since I've had more time to do the things I enjoy now that I am home from College for the summer. I have 10 days of playtime and I know that is not a lot compared to many people who are running alongside me but with that time played I have done more than one may think! I joined this server a little over two years ago and have had opportunities to help out this server!

Experience
In the time that I have played I've been a Moderator and a MP! This was before many of the players who are currently active even knew about the server. It was a different server back then but I can say that the server has grown and changed in immense ways. While I was a Member of parliament I had time to create and pass a few bills including a bill that created the Highway system and paved the way (Thanks lux) for the great cities and towns we have and endorsing the Transparency bill which makes all cabinet meetings public record!

But why me?
I'm glad you asked! Don't get me wrong I am still learning about whats going on in the server in its current state and I am catching up on the new updates. That does not mean I cannot create bills to help this server. Although I do have a lot of Inactivity I still have a strong core values for what I believe to be best for this server and I know I am not alone with my interests! They are ones to help the players, cities, towns and everyone's quality of life.

Go on...
I plan to change the way that players are introduced to the cities on the server and create a better way of getting players to cities other than the Capital. I also want to make the Economy stronger and create more means for players to earn those sweet Krunas. But the economy cant be improved without business being stimulated and players branching out to selling and buying their own goods, So finding a way for players to buy and sell from each other is another of my main goals. A living breathing economy is a strong economy!

I hope that you all found something that you like within this post and I hope I have earned your votes this election! I with my competitors the best of luck as well! Thanks for reading!

Hi all! I apologize for missing the debate today! I had some prior commitments and really do wish I was there. Everyone had great and insightful responses. Here are my responses to the questions presented to me by Libnah!

There have been suggestions of decentralizing the capital city, what are your thoughts on this? Do you think it will benefit the server? Please elaborate.

I believe that this will benefit the server because the Capital city gets the most people through it when they join. Do I think it will change anything however? No, Absolutely not as long as the only government shop is within the capital city mall. But that is not to say that we can't change that.

Having the PM and/or DPM being an elected position has been brought up numerous times in the past discussions, what is your stance on this topic? Why? If you agree to have these positions be elected, what should be the steps and requirements?

I think that very few players on the server could even be considered qualified for the job of PM or DPM. Possibly having a Trial run to see if a player would be competent enough to hold the responsibility and reach the expectations set to them would be best before rolling out a real election.

Do you think Parliament should have jurisdiction over things currently decided upon by Cabinet other than just laws and government changes (Parliament’s current powers)?

Absolutely. Parliament does a great job at laws and government changes/additions. But completely eliminating the opportunity for MPs to make larger server altering decisions is not fair in my opinion. Players that are elected by their peers, the players, should have the chance to make changes. Allowing MPs to make server altering changes may subtract from realism but would make the position of MP that much more influential. After all MPs are supposed to represent the players best interests...

Due to the crime rates spiking in the city more often, do you believe that the current PvP laws are too harsh, too lax, or just fine during this time? Please explain.

I believe that they have worked this long why change them?

With the edit to frivolous cases bill being accepted, do you believe that people should have a limit/cool down on the number of cases they can present as part of the punishment? Why or why not?

Yes. Filing absurd and unnecessary cases wastes time and resources.

Term limits on MP positions, although have not been mentioned as much in recent, are a heavily debated topic. What is your opinion on this? Explain your reasoning.

Term limits are important because they allow for new players to get their voices and opinions heard.

Currently, a democratic oligarchy is the type of government Westwood is under. What are your thoughts on this? Should it be changed from lifetime to an election basis? If so, what times should the election cycle be? Should Westwood be changed to a different form of government? Which form? Please elaborate.

I think it should work the same as any other city government.

There has been discussion about setting a cap on the maximum amount of interest allowed on a loan. Do you support this idea? Why or why not? If you are in favor of usury laws such as this, what percent interest would you suggest?

Yes a cap would be beneficial because it protects the less informed player from predatory interest rates. Allowing for interest rates to be as high as one player wants them to be can create a system for banks or players to work together to raise interest rates and rely on players defaulting on their loans.

Last edited: