Answered / Added 'Eyesore' elaboration

Hello_Miner

Citizen
Banned
- Username: Hello_Miner

- Suggestion Title: Elaboration to the description of an 'eyesore'

- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):
Recently there have been a number of reports from property inspectors that have been disputed from the owners, in which the PI states that it is an 'eyesore' and that 'many people' think it is an eyesore. However, this is completely opinion based and ultimately ends up with pointless arguments and tension within the community.

Some examples of this:
https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/bc-194-april-12-2020.7007/
Described as 'boxy' but I think it is a perfectly good design of a modern skyscraper ( opinion based )

https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/bc-141-april-11-2020.6968/
Looks pretty good ( in my opinion )

So I am proposing that a full, detailed list of what constitutes an 'eyesore' is drawn up, or an alternative system is made, as describing buildings as 'boxy' and 'ugly' are vague and opinion based, granting Property Inspectors unlimited power as they can evict any buildings they deem to be ugly, and as they get paid per building they evict then this can obviously be abused.

Please leave any feedback / suggestions on how the system can be improved below!

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No

- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):

- Additional Information:

I recognise that I had a public disagreement recently with Taelor over a plot that I owned recently, however I would like to emphasise that I completely agree with Taelor that it deserved to be evicted and recognise I was in the wrong, so it is not any type of revenge or anything like that, I'm just noticing some disagreements between some plot owners and PI's recently.

Many thanks,

Hello_Miner

Neil

Citizen
Donator
The system is clearly being abused now, you're right. The only thing I would add to this is maybe some sort of check and balance system amongst property inspectors. For example, if some property inspector finds a plot that he/she thinks is an eyesore someone else in the DoC would have to second them before they can post a report.

Hello_Miner

Citizen
Banned
The system is clearly being abused now, you're right. The only thing I would add to this is maybe some sort of check and balance system amongst property inspectors. For example, if some property inspector finds a plot that he/she thinks is an eyesore someone else in the DoC would have to second them before they can post a report.

I wouldn't go as far as saying 'abused', I think that the PI might just genuinely not like the building but its just up to opinion. I think that would be useful ( your suggestion ) however I think more needs to be done, as that system could be easily abused too. If that were to happen then I would like an independent person to second it too, not another member of the DoC.

Hello_Miner

Citizen
Banned
The thing about that, while the intention is understandable, there’s another thing about it. Behind the scenes, sometimes other people report a plot to us, and usually it is an independent party. However, we have to agree that whatever building is an eyesore. As PIs, we have access to a whole list of what constitutes an eyesore. Both of those reports listed above would constitute as eyesores using our guidelines. The main reason we have buildings that have stood for a while that are only just now being reported, is the simple fact that only recently did we have active PIs. There are hundreds of buildings in BC, so there’s always the possibility of missing something. That’s why we’re always open to other people sending us screenshots of buildings that we happen to miss. There’s a lot more going on behind the scenes than the majority of people realize.

What I don't understand is why this 'list' that you speak of is not available to the public? Why aren't people being told what not to build instead of building a structure and then being told whats wrong with it? It makes very little sense so I think it would be a good idea to make the list available for everyone to see on forums etc.

Also, just because the person who reported it and you as a PI think it is an eyesore, there may be another 200 people who think it is a nice building, so I see where you're coming from but would you not agree a better system would create less tension / fights and bring about more understanding between PI's and plot owners.

Kairuchii

Moderator x Constructor
Donator
being reported doesnt mean its the end of the line

yes there are still judgements after the report.

Hello_Miner

Citizen
Banned
https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/property-inspector-report-protocol.2501/

Im pretty sure everyone can see that. When you go the check on your reports its the first thing there.

Thanks Doc I actually just saw that just before you posted that, my apologies.

However, that post was made by Mari ( who is inactive now I think ) in 2018, and so I think it is very outdated. For example at the time concrete did not exist I believe, so it meant that buildings looked far less modern than they do now. I think the rules are also too vague, for example buildings 'built like a box' look much better nowadays due to the addition of concrete. I think the rules need to be updated extensively and a new post made by an active member of the DoC.

Pig_Girl

The Lurker
Donator
[Removed]

Attachments

• 4AEAD1BC-CA33-483F-8ED0-47C8E60049D4.jpeg
    4AEAD1BC-CA33-483F-8ED0-47C8E60049D4.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Instead of having a "list" of what constitutes an eyesore, there should be a time limit a PI is given after the building is considered finished. For instance, a building is finished and the PI's are given 2-3 months to report it. If they don't, then it stands.

qartGold

Citizen
- Username: Hello_Miner

- Suggestion Title: Elaboration to the description of an 'eyesore'

- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):
Recently there have been a number of reports from property inspectors that have been disputed from the owners, in which the PI states that it is an 'eyesore' and that 'many people' think it is an eyesore. However, this is completely opinion based and ultimately ends up with pointless arguments and tension within the community.

Some examples of this:
https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/bc-194-april-12-2020.7007/
Described as 'boxy' but I think it is a perfectly good design of a modern skyscraper ( opinion based )

https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/bc-141-april-11-2020.6968/
Looks pretty good ( in my opinion )

So I am proposing that a full, detailed list of what constitutes an 'eyesore' is drawn up, or an alternative system is made, as describing buildings as 'boxy' and 'ugly' are vague and opinion based, granting Property Inspectors unlimited power as they can evict any buildings they deem to be ugly, and as they get paid per building they evict then this can obviously be abused.

Please leave any feedback / suggestions on how the system can be improved below!

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No

- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):

- Additional Information:

I recognise that I had a public disagreement recently with Taelor over a plot that I owned recently, however I would like to emphasise that I completely agree with Taelor that it deserved to be evicted and recognise I was in the wrong, so it is not any type of revenge or anything like that, I'm just noticing some disagreements between some plot owners and PI's recently.

Many thanks,

Hello_Miner
I think you are right, I didn't get involved with the PI telling me or anybody else that their building is "ugly" or doesn't meet the standard but, I have a suggestion, of course, the server owners wouldn't be real builders or anything in real life but, there is a certain way to figure out if the building meets the modern characteristics, and there are components which should be met, I suggest getting to know them and then when the PI do see a building that doesn't meet the modern standard then they need to file a report to the court to give them permission to evict, and this is how the system works in real life on some countries, I would suggest an
Eviction Court, and also, I don't think if the person for example that owns a plot of land and rent it should have the power to kick the player out of the land and return him the money if the player wants to stay until the rent is over, I think there should be a
Eviction Court for it