Lawsuit: Adjourned BiscuitGamesYT vs. CrackedAmoeba1

Hello, I have recently traded a beacon for ownership of a plot in Troutman from SpriteTropical. Before trading for this plot, I asked SpriteTropical if I was allowed to dig down to bedrock,
2020-03-20_17.14.39.png
so I can rent out farming spaces for people. (Sadly I do not have him confirming after I checked in a screenshot, I only have it in a video file which can be submitted upon request.) He said he had to check to make sure nothing below the plot was obstructing it, so he did, he gave me the all-clear. So I hired CrackedAmoeba1 to dig it out. This was our contract.unknown.png
As you can see, this contract clearly states that neither party can bail, and to be complete, he will have to finish to bedrock level. It also states that he will not be paid unless he finishes. So he starts digging, and he gets about HALF-WAY done, and he runs into an obstruction, so we wait for Sprite to get on, Sprite gets on, gets me a new plot, and pays CrackedAmoeba1 because he still did some work. But our contract is still active, so I have asked him, I will still pay him k300 if he digs out the new plot, I'm pretty sure, Sprite paid him 300 so he was compensated for the half-way. Like our contract stated neither of us can bail.

So I request that the court order CrackedAmoeba1 to dig out my new plot for k300.

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
@CrackedAmoeba is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @CrackedAmoeba , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge _Info_ Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

_CitrusTea

Citizen
Donator
Your Honor, I apologize for my absence in the court but I am having regional issues in my area. _CitrusTea will be relaying my responses to the court for me. Now to my response. BiscuitGamesYT and I formed a contract for a job on the original plot in Troutman. As stated above an unseen complication occurred. The Troutman Race Track is situated under the plot. I dug down as far as I could to the racetrack without causing damage to town property. In a conversation unknown to me at the time happened between Sprite and BiscuitGamesYT. Apparently BiscuitGamesYT recieved a new plot in Troutman. BiscuitGamesYT told me that I have to restart the job on the new plot, without extra pay, because I’m blinded to this contact. The contract only applies to the original plot. This new plot is a new plot and I should not be forced to do a second project for payment I was entitled to on the first job. Because of me only being able to complete half the project I thought it be fair I was paid for the portion of the project I had completed. By town ordinance I dug down as far as I could. Because it wasn’t in the contract, a second job should be discussed between BiscuitGamesYT and I, instead I was told I’m going to be forced to do this second project. Since the new plot is a second project it is not a part of the original contract for the original job. If BiscuitGamesYT wants me to complete a second project he should have discussed terms of a new job for me. And to address the claim of Sprite paying me 300kr, I did not recieve a msg of any payment from sprite or BiscuitGamesYT about a job, nor did sprite mention anything about a payment to me. So as I stand now, I have a job that I completed aligned with the town rules that I have NOT been paid for.

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
I am announcing that due to my prior interactions with the Defense, @CrackedAmoeba, I will be removing myself from this case. Another judge @Matt will be taking the case.

I apologize for inconvenience this may cause and I would like to remind the court to be patient, as many people are busy for any amount of reasons considering the global Pandemic at this time.

Thank you.

ferre007_

Citizen
On the request by Judge _Info_ I will be taking over the case from here.

Thank you @_CitrusTea

@BiscuitGamesYT Could you provide a date of when exactly the contract was signed? Because as I see this right now more than three days have passed and the contract should have expired after three days. And if that is the case the Plaintiff would not be bound to the contract anymore.

Your honor, The contract was signed six days ago, I feel as if the contract should not expire because I filed this case before the three days where up, because he was not following the terms, as Judge _Info_ stated: "I would like to remind the court to be patient, as many people are busy for any amount of reasons considering the global Pandemic at this time." I feel as if it is no-one's fault that the court acted slow, I think it is fair for the contract to be "paused" while a lawsuit is still active.

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
Your honor,

I will be speaking on my behalf now that Forums is working for me again.

I agree with @BiscuitGamesYT that, because of an open court case over a contract dispute, the contract's clock should be paused. However, the contract was made for one job. Because of a town ordinance the project was halted at a certain depth on the plot. The town's ordinance trumps any player-made contract. Work was still done so I should be compensated for the work I did. The town gave @BiscuitGamesYT a new plot to accommodate his wishes of a build. @BiscuitGamesYT's dealings with a town should not affect me in any way. The claim that I have to do a second job on a new plot for free is ridiculous. The contract was for a single job, not two. @BiscuitGamesYT should consult with the town for compensation for him losing money because of something the town did not tell him.

@BiscuitGamesYT is still obligated to pay me for the work I completed. The dealings between the town and @BiscuitGamesYT should not affect me in any capacity. I did a job and should be payed for said job.

Thank you. Your Honor,

I would like to call a witness to the stand, @Sprite.
I purchased the plot from Sprite. Once Sprite found out about this incident, he paid CrackedAmoeba1 300kr on behalf of me, (because of inconveniences). Since he got paid the full 300 for digging approximately half the plot. If my witness @Sprite is able to show this evidence, I would like to make a settlement for him to dig out 20 layers in my new plot for free. This is because he was paid 300kr which the contract agreed for the plot, but he could mine the remaining 20 layers in my new plot. I would also like to make a few statements, Originally I did not ask for the new plot to be dug out for free. I asked it to be dug out for 300kr which we originally agreed on because the contract was still active. But then I realized he had about 20 layers left, so it would be fair if he just dug the last 20 layers he didn't dig in the new plot for free. So its the same value.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Your honor,

As it was a screw-up on my part, I chose to pay Cracked 300 krunas so Biscuit didn't lose any money. The payment was made on March 20th, and the log of it is attached below.

Attachments

• crackedproofofpayment.PNG
    crackedproofofpayment.PNG
    163.8 KB · Views: 12

ferre007_

Citizen
Thank you.

@CrackedAmoeba you stated earlier in the case that you had not been compensated for the work that you did but the evidence shows otherwise. Do you have anything to say about this?

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
I stated that BiscuitGamesYT had not paid me. I was not aware that a payment from Sprite had been named. BiscuitGamesYT had mentioned it to me but I was inclined to not believe him as he was attempting to sue me and he has lied to me previously. The payment must’ve been made when I was offline making me unaware of the transaction.

I’d like to note that a court case cannot be reopened after it has been adjourned. I will be protesting this case as I believe it is not a lawful action. Regardless of new evidence a case cannot be reopened. I new case would have to be made if an error was seen.

ferre007_

Citizen
Sorry for the long response wait I have been unable to work lately

I’d like to note that a court case cannot be reopened after it has been adjourned. I will be protesting this case as I believe it is not a lawful action. Regardless of new evidence a case cannot be reopened. I new case would have to be made if an error was seen.

As of right now there are no laws against reopening a court case. It was an error from my part not letting the Plaintiff have another statement which was crucial to the whole case. This was why this court case was reopened, at that moment I thought it was the best way to make things fair. Looking back this should have been done through the Extended Appeals Process but at the time that system was not really set up and had just days before been voted on. I may also add that this will not happen again since it is not the correct way to do things in my mind. Although the law does not prohibit the reopening of cases It is not something I like to do.