jocie123's Election Post | June 2020

Jocie

10/10 Lawyer ;)
Donator
I, jocie123, am seeking the position of Member of Parliament for my second term. I joined last year on April 23 and have 41 d and 8 h play time as of posting this, although I am frequently online so that will most likely go up soon. I'm also very active on discord and almost always have the forums open. If you want to contact me, I'm just a message away.
As seen in my last term, I will try to clarify existing laws and discuss things with the public to create new laws to benefit the server. I cant accurately say quite yet what all I will fight for. True, last term I focused mainly on the laws surrounding the DoA and the wild warps, I never actually planned to do that. I simply
listened to what the people around me needed and helped how I could within reason as promptly as I could. I plan to do that again if given the opportunity to this term.

Links to my previous bills:

Last edited:

iRealistic

For Real?
Donator
Hello Candidate. I was looking at your campaign, and I had a few questions to ask if you don't mind answering.

I will try to clarify existing laws and discuss things with the public to create new laws to benefit the server.

Is there any bills you had in mind that should be simplified in order for our younger audience to understand how the server works, if they choose to participate in this aspect of the server?

And also, since you've said that you would like to create new legislation to benefit the server, do you currently have a few ideas that you wouldn't mind sharing with us.

I would like to thank you in advance if you choose to answer the questions, and I wish you luck on your campaign.

Jocie

10/10 Lawyer ;)
Donator
Is there any bills you had in mind that should be simplified in order for our younger audience to understand how the server works, if they choose to participate in this aspect of the server?

There are a few more animal bills I would like to refine (touching on turtles, pandas, bees, and foxes) so certain players dont try to abuse mobs. I would also like to touch on intentional abuse laws, though that ones wording is a bit difficult to decide on since there are so many ways to create a loophole. These were both brought up in my last term (as you know, Real) and I plan to follow-through if re-elected.

And also, since you've said that you would like to create new legislation to benefit the server, do you currently have a few ideas that you wouldn't mind sharing with us.

I would like to create regulations for evictions in places like malls and apartments. Often there are cases where someone gets removed without so much as a minute to prepare. This leads to unnecessary work for staff through vaulting, loss of items in decorated spaces, and creates tensions between players that could have been avoided with a simple message two or three days prior. I would also like to put some regulations on player-owned pet stores/shelters to keep blacklisted players from simply going to another location to get an animal. I believe it would remove confusion and make it a bit easier to be an EM.
I wish you luck on your campaign
Thank you, Parl. 18 for the win! :)
lol

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
Hey Jocie, I have a question on your animal abuse plans for turtles, Pandas, Bees, and Foxes. As these are currently untamable creatures and are mainly used in farms, don't the laws already cover the 4-block radius per creature? And what would be your goal with the animal abuse laws for that? If you found a turtle in the wild and killed it would that breach the laws you are planning? (I must say that at this point turtles do get you krunas for killing them and Hunters that farm them might be very unhappy at the notion of having to stop their death and whatnot) Would the laws include not killing them, or just more of the usual animal abuse laws that we've seen in the past, just worded to include these animals? I love all these animals and I've gotta say, this law piques my interest!

I would be looking forwards to seeing where the eviction regulations idea goes! What would happen if the person had remained offline for a longer period of time than usual? Would the mail still be sent, or their account deemed dormant and the vault take place?

Good luck with the campaign and thanks for reading this! ;)
~Fern

Jocie

10/10 Lawyer ;)
Donator
I have a question on your animal abuse plans for turtles, Pandas, Bees, and Foxes. As these are currently untamable creatures and are mainly used in farms, don't the laws already cover the 4-block radius per creature?

While they are untameable, they can still be mass bred. This causes server lag and doesnt correspond with laws already passed. And while yes the law technically covers them, I want to specify certain amounts for animals. For example, the bees technically require 4 blocks. As do pandas. Bees are the size of a player head while bears are... well... bears. I want to specify different rules so that mobs like turtles arent taking up all four required blocks at the same time (cause if you actually look, they do take up all four).

And what would be your goal with the animal abuse laws for that?

The animal abuse law I want to create is less on how many animals you have in a pen and more on how theyre being treated. Its going to aim to prevent things like the Magic v. DoA court case (linked below). Im going to try and outline what qualifies as an abusive home for an animal so cases like this dont need to be created.
https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/magic_dino-v-department-of-agriculture.7891/#post-36713

If you found a turtle in the wild and killed it would that breach the laws you are planning?

As with any other mob, killing a wild creature will remain up to the player. If you, say, found a cow and killed it in the wild you wouldnt be punished. Same rule applies for turtles.

Would the laws include not killing them, or just more of the usual animal abuse laws that we've seen in the past, just worded to include these animals?

The latter for the most part. I just want to make everything crystal clear for everyone involved to avoid later conflict. That and I have found several wild farms for turtles that are technically legal despite not being able to see the ground anymore cause the mobs coat everything.

Good luck with the campaign and thanks for reading this! ;)

Thank you for your support, and the thanks is returned. :)

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
I can see and agree with everything you've stated so far!

The animal abuse law I want to create is less on how many animals you have in a pen and more on how theyre being treated. Its going to aim to prevent things like the Magic v. DoA court case (linked below). Im going to try and outline what qualifies as an abusive home for an animal so cases like this dont need to be created.
https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/magic_dino-v-department-of-agriculture.7891/#post-36713

I also really like this idea, as abuse can come in many different forms, not all of them being the "Oh dear, this animal is in a one-by-one hole in the ground" version that we've got laws for already. I look forwards to seeing how these things hopefully can get implemented!

(Also ik the elections already are over, but I had forgotten to respond to this prior, so yea :> )

~Fern