Senior Administrator
Lawyer
Donator
Tracefais
Tracefais
Lawyer
- Username: Tracefais
- Suggestion Title: fairy lights
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): add new styles of lighting and decoration to improve looks of builds
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): yes (maybe no)
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/fairy-lights
- Additional Information: doesn't have to be this specific plug-in but this one has a version for 1.15.2. Marty mentioned modifying lanterns to look like christmas ones or something along those lines.
I have been asking around and many others have been excited by this idea and I would love to be able to decorate for different occasions as torches/lanterns/glowstone aren't really providing the lighting diversity I would like in the server. I think this could also be an item manufacturers could sell and provide a demand for that job. And well, they're just so dang cute.

2015-07-27_17.png

edit: ok its a mod not a plugin, ive barely been playing mc two months idk how this works

Last edited:

Ryan_88

Prime Minister
Prime Minister
Minister of Health
Department of Internal Development
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Prime Minister
I hope you understand that that's a mod right and this is a plugin server so it's not compatible. It won't work. No you can't make a server with both plugin and mods.

Last edited:

Tracefais

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Senior Administrator
Lawyer
Donator
Tracefais
Tracefais
Lawyer
no i don't know how this works hahah, cool i'll look for a plugin thanks

Ryan_88

Prime Minister
Prime Minister
Minister of Health
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Prime Minister
Prob not cause it requires a command block and it's on 1.13.2 find something that has 1.15.2 and is labeled plugin.

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
This is a mod for use on forge, not a plugin lol. I think there is a plugin out there that can make colored lanterns using armor stands but that might be laggy

Tracefais

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Senior Administrator
Lawyer
Donator
Tracefais
Tracefais
Lawyer
already addressed, please read previous comments.

Ryan_88

Prime Minister
Prime Minister
Minister of Health
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Prime Minister
This is a mod for use on forge, not a plugin lol. I think there is a plugin out there that can make colored lanterns using armor stands but that might be laggy
I've checked all plugins, none are possible for producing a lantern.

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer
Prob not cause it requires a command block and it's on 1.13.2 find something that has 1.15.2 and is labeled plugin.
If its a command block on 1.13 it should work fine. Commands were overhauled in 1.13 and havent been touched since. The only problem that command block suggestion has is that its using armor stands which can cause lag, however if used sparingly it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Overall I don't think using command blocks is too bad of an idea.

Ryan_88

Prime Minister
Prime Minister
Minister of Health
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Prime Minister
If its a command block on 1.13 it should work fine. Commands were overhauled in 1.13 and havent been touched since. The only problem that command block suggestion has is that its using armor stands which can cause lag, however if used sparingly it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Overall I don't think using command blocks is too bad of an idea.
Its also requires a resource pack

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
Its also requires a resource pack
If you want colored light spread, yes. But if you just want the lantern lens to be different colors there's a plugin for that using armor stands. As Lob pointed out they can cause lag, but it wouldn't be as bad as cars.