_litenerd's Election Post (October 2018)

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
If you're not into reading half a novel, scroll down to the red text.

Hey y'all!

As you probably read in the title, my username is _litenerd. I am fifteen years old. I live in the beautiful (and hot!) North Carolina, therefore I am in the Eastern Time Zone. My playtime on this server has unfortunately dwindled to 6:05 AM - 6:20 AM in the mornings, and 9PM - 10 PM in the nights, both due to school and the fact that I actually have to put forth an effort in school now, especially in my AP class.

The last time I checked (exact times SoonTM), my playtime was around 4 days and 20 hours. I joined this server in early-August

---

Now you're probably wondering-- "Why should I vote for this loser?"

That's an excellent question. Before we get into all of the "hey these are my stances on this stuff", shenanigans, I feel like why I think I could be a good parliament member is probably more important.

I think I'd be a good fit for Parliament due to the fact that I both enjoy and have a great interest in the political world, both in real life and in this server. I believe that I have what it takes to listen to the common player's wants and do my best to fulfill said requests. When voting on a bill, I will closely examine and evaluate any potential outcomes of the bill, and whether or not it has the playerbase's support.

If any bills came up that could help this server reach to a higher level of realism, I would instantly pounce on it. If it is realistic or will benefit most players, I would vote yes on it. I also feel as if we can do more to ease newcomers into both the economy and community. I suggest that we could make a government-owned company, and/or a public works program that could help newer players gain more money, and potentially establish themselves into the community quicker. I'd certainly like to add SlimeFun's energy (and related SlimeFun stuff) plugin, which could create the Department of Energy. In addition to the previously mentioned bills (or yes votes) I would create, I would also like to make improvements to our freeway system.

If a bill blatantly favors a certain part of the playerbase, I would either be wholeheartedly against it, or I would make an attempt to find a middle ground. Any bills that could lower the quality of the gameplay on this server would be a definite no for me.

Before voting begins, I would like to summarize points I made in the debate-
(this is the juicy stuff)

- DPM should be elected by the people, PM by MPs
- Ministers shouldn't have to be addressed as "Mr. Minister"
- SlimeFun Electricity should be added for realism. It can create jobs and a whole new apartment, as well.
- Term limits should be introduced. I think something like this would work: You can serve two terms (in this case October and December) every other term (in this case you can't run in February, but can in April). I think this could introduce a circulation of fresh ideas into Parliament.
- I don't think there are any immediate needs for jobs. If one does come up I will do my best to push for a new job.
- Gas prices should remain the same.
- Guns and drugs should be added to give a new meaning to the PO job.
- Good realism (realism that adds fun, enjoyment, connivence, etc) should be prioritized.
- Death bans should not be implemented
- The sell option for the government shop should be removed. Newcomers may think that's the only way to gain money, thus robbing them of money.
- Plane tickets should be decreased to k55 from Capital-OCC/Covington. If an OCC-Covington opens up it should remain k65 between those two cities only.
- Helicopters, if released to the public, should be expensive
- If I disagree with an idea somebody has, I will still raise it for consideration. One man shouldn't have the power to completely slay an idea, with the exception of Koal.
- Capital plot prices should be slightly lowered.

If you have any further questions, either message me on Discord, in-game or here. My Discord username is NateDawg2k16 [AWING]#8737. On BC's discord my username is _litenerd.

Good luck to all the candidates! :)

Last edited: