Answered / Added A change to the writer job.

Do you like this suggestion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neil

Citizen
Donator
- Username: NeilBuilder

- Suggestion Title:
Make the writer job a server qualification instead of a job, similar to driver or entrepreneur.

- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):
This will improve the server because a lot of writers in real life aren't full time writers and have some other job/source of income. Some entrepreneurs write books about their company, some Politicians write books about their political career, I could go on and on. If we make the writer job a qualification instead of a job someone could be a farmer and writer, or rancher and writer. This will also cause more competition in the book industry and as a result of that bring more quality to books and newspapers.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No

- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):

- Additional Information:
If you have any questions about this ask in the reply section of this post. I will also attach a poll to this to see what people think about my suggestion. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
The problem I have with this is that it takes away from the unique parts of the job. If everyone can become a writer on the side, then the idea of being a writer no longer has any meaning.

Neil

Citizen
Donator
@A1phaSniper, thank you for your feedback. The writer abilities will not change. The only change is that it will become a qualification instead of a job. Entrepreneur has unique parts of the job and it is a qualification.

BlackSyth

A Used To Be Fun Member
Donator
As a writer and trying to become a business, this would kill the people who just wanna be writers. Already the competition is steep and u really only have 3 newspapers. I know this from personal experience. Also, I may be thriving but there are many people who are not. I saw someone the other day who sat outside of spawn trying to sell their book and I was the only person who was willing to help or buy their book. The writer job it not a job that will get you rich, so to add more writers and competition, that would kill any chance of regular writers being able to survive. I’m sorry, but as a writer, this would not help writers, it would slaughter them. And it sounds good for non-writers but that’s the only people that benefit from this. If you give a way writers benefit from it, I am all ears?

Neil

Citizen
Donator
Hello BlackSyth, thank you for your response,

The way this would benefit writers is that they will be able to be writers and have another job they can make their main source of income from. As you said, it is hard to live off being a writer alone. If this were to be accepted, people who truly love writing, like yourself, would be able to write as well as have another job like farmer so they can have a sustainable source of income. Now of course, if someone wanted to be only a writer that would be fine as well, it would be like only being and entrepreneur.

BlackSyth

A Used To Be Fun Member
Donator
Hello BlackSyth, thank you for your response,

The way this would benefit writers is that they will be able to be writers and have another job they can make their main source of income from. As you said, it is hard to live off being a writer alone. If this were to be accepted, people who truly love writing, like yourself, would be able to write as well as have another job like farmer so they can have a sustainable source of income. Now of course, if someone wanted to be only a writer that would be fine as well, it would be like only being and entrepreneur.
I see what Ur saying but that takes away the fun of being a writer. I don't wanna be a farmer or really any other job, maybe entrepreneur. For the people who just wanna be a writer, it practically forces them to have a second job. The only reason I've been successful is because I have 4 days for playtime with 2/3 of that being used to advertise.

TBIWOG

Citizen
Banned
TJUN123
TJUN123
EventPlanner
I feel like a lot of new players have worked hard to pass this exam, and they may feel everyone has writer as a qualification it means nothing to them anymore, (practically everyone would have it)

BlackSyth

A Used To Be Fun Member
Donator
I feel like a lot of new players have worked hard to pass this exam, and they may feel everyone has writer as a qualification it means nothing to them anymore, (practically everyone would have it)
This is what I was trying to say. And it’s already hard enough to be a writer against other writers