Sparkichu
Sparkichu
Lawyer
AlienBloom20204
Sparkichu

v.

darkkgrey

I. Description of Case

The Plaintiff brings forth the following causes of action and alleges the following against the Defendant:
The Plaintiff did a job for the Defendant which the Defendant then refused to pay for, resulting in this lawsuit against the Defendant.

II. Parties

1. AlienBloom20204
  2. darkkgrey

III. Sequence of Events

1. The Defendant hired the Plaintiff to do a job for them.
  2. The Plaintiff showed the list of prices to the Defendant to show them about how much they would be paying.
  3. The Plaintiff made a few designs for the Defendant which they had to spend time on to do so.
  4. The Defendant decided to not use those designs but refused to pay for the time spent making them, even when offered a lower price than those listed originally.

IV. Claims for Relief

1. The Plaintiff put time into their work and deserve payment for it
  2. The Defendant refuses to pay the Plaintiff for the job they hired the Plaintiff for.

V. Damages

1. The Plaintiff has asked for 500kr to cover the costs of the work done.
  2. The Plaintiff has also asked for 500kr for legal fees.

(Evidence provided below)

Attachments

• prices 2.png
    prices 2.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 76
  • alien screenshot 1.2.jpg
    alien screenshot 1.2.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 73
  • alien screenshot 2.2.png
    alien screenshot 2.2.png
    307.9 KB · Views: 70
  • alien screenshot 3.2.png
    alien screenshot 3.2.png
    374 KB · Views: 64
  • alien screenshot 4.2.jpg
    alien screenshot 4.2.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 61
  • alien screenshot 5.2.jpg
    alien screenshot 5.2.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 55
  • alien screenshot 6.2.jpg
    alien screenshot 6.2.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 73

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
@darkkgrey is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @darkkgrey , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge Cooleagles Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

ZeketheKaiser

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Lawyer
ZeketheKaiser
ZeketheKaiser
Treasurer
In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
MOTION TO DISMISS
Date: 05/03/2022

AlienBloom20203
Sparkichu

v.

darkkgrey

I. Motion To Dismiss
The Defendant motions to dismiss the case, respectfully based off the following:
1. The plaintiff has not provided evidence showing that both parties agreed to a 450kr labor cost even if the ticket is closed.
2. They also haven't shown in their evidence that the ticket was opened after the 450kr labor fee announcement.

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

My apologies for such a late response. If the Plaintiff wishes to respond to the Motion To Dismiss, they are given 48 hours to do so.

That is all,Thank You

Sparky

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
Sparkichu
Sparkichu
Lawyer
In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
REPLY TO MOTION TO DISMISS
Date: 05/09/22

AlienBloom20204
Sparkichu

v.

Darkkgrey
ZeketheKaiser

I. Motion To Overrule the Motion To Dismiss
The plaintiff motions to have the Motion to dismiss overruled, respectfully based off the following:
1. The case I bring to the court on behalf of my client is by no means frivolous. It has a purpose, and results in a value, that value being a sum of money that my client has not been paid for the work that they have done.
2. As per the Minimum Wage/Pay Reform Act, my client should have at least been paid 10kr per 15 minutes before they even reached discussions of CBP because they were working for the defendant for at least 24 hours. This can be seen in this ticket, Safeway Corps. - closed-0006 (tickettool.xyz)
3. At no point, your honour, have I argued or requested 450kr for my client because of a labour fee. We have requested damages of 500kr for the work done, as you can see the plaintiff created 3 different logos for the defendant. We have requested a further 500kr for the legal fees.

I thank you for your time, your honour. Regardless of your decision, it is a pleasure as always to be in your courtroom!

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

My apologies once again for my late response; understand it is not my intention, in any way, to push this or any case for the matter to the side. Nonetheless, thank you for your patience and well-written responses.

Moving on to the case,
I have decided to overrule the Motion To Dismiss. The plaintiff, @Sparky, is now given 48 hours to present their opening statement. Here they may further provide details and insight on the story, prove additional arguments and evidence, or anything of the like.

If either party has any questions, feel free to let me know.

That is all,
Thank You

Sparky

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
Sparkichu
Sparkichu
Lawyer
Your honour, I would like to start off my statement with saying I do not appreciate my client being contacted outside of this courthouse by the defendant's lawyer without me being present. I do believe that is not allowed, but please do correct me if I am wrong. I will be attaching a screenshot down below of my client being contacted.

In reference to what the defendant's lawyer was contacting about, we are not charging for a quote. My client only wishes to be paid for the work they had already done. They made three different pieces for the defendant but was paid nothing despite putting work in. Having been hired for over 24 hours by the defendant to do this job, they are entitled to some payment by the defendant for the work done.

The defendant was told beforehand the price range they would be paying since their prices were listed in the server before the ticket was made. If they didn't want to pay for the work done, they shouldn't have asked for work to be done.

Thank you for your time, once again, your honour.

Attachments

• zeke screenshot.2.png
    zeke screenshot.2.png
    365.2 KB · Views: 31

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

Firstly, I will remind all parties to be respectable to one another. To answer the plaintiff's question on whether or not it is illegal is a very iffy subject. The Obstruction of Justice Consolidation bill is the law that comes in question here unless there is a newer bill I am forgetting. Although this bill consolidates Intimidation of Opposing Counsel, a bill that does prohibit such aforementioned behaviors, it does not actually state that it is illegal for one party to blackmail, bribe, etc. another party. The bill is only in reference to Police Officers and Judges, or at least that is how I interpret it. I will take this time to suggest to Parliament, @supersuperking, to look into such.

Nonetheless, even if it were included in the bill, I do not believe the Defendant's lawyer has met such standard to be charged for such. My statement however to be respectable does still stand, both ways as well.

Finally, the Defense may not present their opening statement, they are given 48 hours to do so. Similar to my other cases, I will not be generous with extensions. If you do not meet the time frame, I will simply continue the case.

That is all,
Thank you

ZeketheKaiser

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Lawyer
ZeketheKaiser
ZeketheKaiser
Treasurer
Your honor, this is a case about a business owner trying to get paid for work that was never agreed on. Clearly, as shown by the evidence, grey opened a ticket asking about a logo. Alien made no attempt to make an agreement with grey, instead they hastily scrambled together a logo. When grey was quite obviously dissatisfied with the logo, he closed the ticket as no agreement had ever been made. The plaintiff is trying to claim that the simple act of opening a ticket entitles them to a large sum of money.

Thank you, your honor.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The court recognizes both statements. the court will now be moving on to witness testimony. If either party wishes to call a witness to the stand, they are given 48 hours to name said witness(s). If a party chooses not to call a witness to the stand, they ask they say so. This is to avoid waiting a full 48 hours when we could have moved on early.

That is all,
Thank You

ZeketheKaiser

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Lawyer
ZeketheKaiser
ZeketheKaiser
Treasurer
Your honor, I would like to call the defendant, darkkgrey, as a witness.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

I would like to remind both parties of our witness procedures. Once the witness marks their presence in court, they will be questioned by the party which called them, in this case, the Defense. Once the direct examination has concluded, the plaintiff will be given the opportunity to cross-examine the witness if they so choose. After the cross, I will allow for one round of redirect/recross if either party feels necessary. I will explain those later if need be.

With all that being said,

@darkkgrey is required to appear in court for witness testimony. They are given 48 hours to mark their presence in the court; in other words, they must respond to the thread with a simple "present." Once they have responded, the Defense may begin their direct examination.

that is all,
Thank you

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The Defense may begin whenever they please. The court does ask that they try to put all their questions in one post if possible, follow-up questions are of course allowed. Additionally, for any objections, they will be heard but the ruling will be very strict to ensure the best ruling and precedent is made.

That is all,
Thank You

ZeketheKaiser

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Lawyer
ZeketheKaiser
ZeketheKaiser
Treasurer
Hello darkkgrey

1. At any point were you told a price?

2. At any point, was there an attempt to negotiate or come to an agreement on the price?

Your honor, I would also like to enter into evidence the details of the private messages between the plaintiff and the defendant where the defendant tries to coerce my client to pay the 450kr and give up the rights to use the logo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220522-211047.png
    Screenshot_20220522-211047.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

darkkgrey

Department of Public Affairs
Department of Public Affairs
darkkgrey
darkkgrey
EventPlanner
1. Prices were never negotiated neither in the ticket nor in private messages. I had already saved the price form into a google doc for future reference, assuming that the product would be better quality. A final price was never discussed or decided in the time that the ticket was open.

2. There was never any moment that the Plaintiff had attempted to negotiate a price. The Plaintiff had told me after the ticket was closed that I had to pay 450kr and that I had no rights to any of the products. I never agreed to that, as I shouldn't be paying for something that I'm not allowed to use.

I would also like to say, if allowed, that 750-1500kr is not a reasonable price for the quality of the product. I opened the ticket expecting better quality logos, and when I had not received what I asked for, I did not wish to support the company any further.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-24_173049-1.png
    Screenshot_2022-04-24_173049-1.png
    77 KB · Views: 17
  • BCNC-2.png
    BCNC-2.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_2022-04-24_154830-1.png
    Screenshot_2022-04-24_154830-1.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 16

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The Plaintiff may now cross-examine the witness if they so choose. If they choose not to, the court asks them to speak up, so we can proceed with the rest of the trial.

That is all,
Thank You

Sparky

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
Sparkichu
Sparkichu
Lawyer
Good evening, darkkgrey.

My first question is: Do you agree that you saw a price sheet before opening a ticket which shows the range of prices?

My second question is: Would you also agree that you specifically asked to see more designs after having seen the first one, causing Alien to spend more time on their work which would have also raised the cost of the work?

My final question is: Do you agree that you closed the ticket without warning Alien, preventing them from finalizing a price after their work was done?

Status
Not open for further replies.