Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer
- Title: Anti-Soliciting Bill

- Type: Creation

- Reasoning:
Me and many other players find it extremely annoying when players use DMs as an alternative to /ad. Not only is it cheating the system to avoid spending money, but currently there is no consequence to it. I believe this should change. In addition, the current rules on verbal harassment are extremely vague leaving many newer players unaware if this counts as harassment or not.

- Bill: Players will not be permitted to use private messages as an alternative to /ad. Players will be allowed to PM a screenshot of the offender to an ES via discord and the offense will be attributed to the player as a strike.

Reports will only be able to be made if there was prior context leading to the solicitation (i.e: asking in global if someone has a specific item. The solicitation in this case would be a player PMing you if they have said item.) Furthermore, this bill will only apply to players attempting to sell you an item or bring you to their shop.

As said prior, players will receive strikes for violation of this law. 3 Initial strikes will warrant the first punishment with each strike afterwards warranting another punishment. Players should be made aware of when they get a strike via /mail. As with all other business advertisement laws, the punishments for this law will be handled by Economy Secretaries and not Police Officers. The punishments should be as follows:

1st Offense: k30 Fine + 5m Jail
2nd Offense: k80 Fine + 10m Jail

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I think it's okay if people DM others. Also, people can just do /chat msgtoggle and stop receiving dms altogether or even take the next step and ignore that individual.

Additionally it seems to be contradict the /ad abuse law which does not include jail time. Therefore a member of the DoE would need the help of a Police Officer to enforce this bill.