Lawsuit: Dismissed B_C Suing the DoA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a large farm in the process of being built so what do I need for the completion of the farm? I need dirt for my crops to grow. I head out into the wilderness to gather dirt on day 1 and everything goes smoothly. 2nd day I am in need of more dirt so I head to the wild around the same area. I start gathering dirt in a controlled manner not leaving too much of a mess other than the missing dirt. Then after some time I get this message in the global chat from "Sweet" confronting me in a very rude manner.I believed I was in the right but agreed not to do it again due to not wanting to escalate the situation. Then on the third day everything is going smoothly I have not gone back to the area at all and I was randomly jailed for 15 minutes for "needlessly destroying landscape". I'm not going to point fingers but I asked multiple staff members why I was in the jail and who jailed me and if it was against the law for what I did. But to no avail the staff members would not listen to me or tell me who jailed me and continued to make false claims.

The definition of "needlessly" is unnecessary; not needed or wanted. I needed/wanted dirt for a purpose and I used every single piece of dirt I gathered. The DoA claims I purposely went back after the first time but I was never warned the first time and I didn't even know the DoA existed.

Here are two of the rules directly from the /laws

-In the wilderness, you are allowed to destroy the property of other players unless it’s regioned.
-Griefing and PvP in the wilderness are allowed;

Now if you claim I "needlessly destroyed landscape" for dirt that I needed/wanted/used in the wilderness that had no region then why do TWO rules state I can grief? Not that I griefed but needlessly destroying landscape is the same as griefing. Does the DoA get to decide if I am guilty or not because he is an admin?

All the images https://imgur.com/a/wSLV12A

The dates I believe were the 15th-17th of February.

Last edited:

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
@Department of Agriculture is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @Department of Agriculture , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge Matty707 Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

The Department of Justice, @bharatj will be tasked with messaging the Defendant regarding this civil court case. I will ask for at least one (1) representative to stand in for the DoA to provide insight on what happened here.

Additionally, I would like to summon the staff member(s) that were involved in this situation. You will be called up to the stand accordingly.

I would also like to remind all parties involved about the strict Honesty in Court Law.

Thank you.

Kat

flower girl
Donator
The Department of Agriculture refuses to take part in a case that is a staff matter. The Department of Agriculture did not punish Business_Craft. A law was not broken by him but a rule was. To clarify, laws are handled by the Department of Justice and Government. Rules are handled by staff. Therefore it is a staff punishment and should be taken care of in an appeal not a court case.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
@Kat I see. More specifically, what rule did he break?

Kat

flower girl
Donator
He was punished for grief under this section of the rules and law forums.

Attachments

• D3B98045-214B-45FF-AEC9-2345C3E3E45C.jpeg
    D3B98045-214B-45FF-AEC9-2345C3E3E45C.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 19

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
He was punished for grief under this section of the rules and law forums.
Okay. I can understand the staff team's POV on this, however, players require the need for resources to *build* things in a block-building server. I would highly recommend the staff team to work closer with the DoA (so yourself essentially) with redefining that rule and making it more clear. People think and perceive things differently all the time. I believe this was one of those cases...

Is it possible that since he was apparently digging closer to spawn? If so, make the wild-warps spawn locations have a larger claim region in the future. Just my suggestion.

Anyway, I will close this court case since the Plaintiff has requested it.

Thank you for your time.

Court Dismissed

This case was presided by Judge Matty707

Status
Not open for further replies.