Solved bc-230 | July 11, 2020

Discussion in 'Eviction & Vault Requests' started by Fhlown, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Fhlown

Fhlown Communist Daddy Property Inspector Donator

Fhlown
    Owner: DerpGaming20_yt

Region name: bc-230

Reason for eviction: eyesore

Screenshots: Screenshot (646).png

Additional information:

2. DerpGaming20_YT

DerpGaming20_YT Citizen Donator

DerpGaming20_YT
    I would like to let it out there that this building has stood as is for over a year with no PI reports, or complaints by any player to myself regarding its appearances, have been made.

3. DerpGaming20_YT

DerpGaming20_YT
    I would like to request an in depth reasoning from Fhlown as to why this has been reported an eyesore with no reports/complaints to myself by anyone after over a year of standing as is.

4. DerpGaming20_YT

DerpGaming20_YT
    With an additional statement that this building is a warehouse so it ain’t exactly supposed to look pretty, and would also like to point out that that Is the back of the building, and as hard to see as it is as the picture was taken in the dark, that area on the left half is the buildings parking lot.

5. Fhlown

Fhlown
    Two things that can qualify a property as an eyesore are "Only looks good from one or two side", and "Looks like a large box''. I saw the other side and was fine with that, however this side does not look good, as why the report was made. If you can fix the two parallel sides that look like this, the report can be solved.
    However, the building takes up all of the plots within this space and is each side is visible from the 4 streets surrounding it. It doesn't matter if its the back of the building, its still visible to people walking and driving around.
    Also, it doesn't matter how long the buildings been up for. We do have other areas of the city to look at first, your building is not always a priority.
    You can fix this by changing the wall to match the other two sides to make it look less like a box, adding details on the upper walls, or putting in some landscaping around it. If you need more information, I'll be pasting in the eyesore qualifications.

• Eyesores are buildings that look ugly or don’t fit into the city in another way. Please use the guidelines below to determine whether to report or not.

• Looks like a large box

• Built out of only one or two different materials

• Has no windows

• Shaped like a pyramid

• A commercial property in a residential area or vice versa (e.g. a house next to skyscrapers or a skyscraper next to suburban houses)

• Only looks good from one or two sides

• Isn’t structurally sound, i.e. contains floating pieces or large unsupported overhangs

• Uses too many, potentially clashing, colours and/or materials

6. DerpGaming20_YT

DerpGaming20_YT
    “We do have other areas of the city to look at first, your building is not always a priority.“
    I’ve never stated it was but after over a year no one has had an issue with this building. It honestly seems your just desperate for reports and saw a building with a very small section having nothing and thought “oh, easy report”.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  7. DerpGaming20_YT

DerpGaming20_YT
    Also I would like to add that upon logging on I see I have no new mail and would like to request a staff member close this because fhlown did not follow proper protocol while reporting this property.

Attached Files:

8. Fhlown

Fhlown
    Apologies but from looking through my logs this looks like when I crashed and the mail was not sent out, and I went ahead and log blocked something for another property. I can send you the mail again however just because protocol was not followed correctly down not mean a report is automatically removed. I can redo the entire report with proper protocol if I don't crash if you need.

9. DerpGaming20_YT

DerpGaming20_YT
    That’s an issue with you and your computer. I’ll be contacting your minister on this issue and will not respond here.

10. Fhlown

Fhlown
    K

11. A1phaSniper

A1phaSniper The Airplane Guy Donator

A1phaSniper
    I'm just stepping in for my fellow man here to say: This is pathetic. No one on this server is a 5-star rated builder that has the knowledge to build a masterpiece. Secondly, that whole list of reasons is terrible. It's just nitpicking and could literally be applied to any building on any plot in any city or town. I mean how can a building be built "out of only one or two different materials" and use "too many, potentially clashing, colors and/or materials" at the same time?

12. Ferngrove2004

Ferngrove2004 Environment Manager Environment Manager

Ferngrove2004
    A1pha, Flown wasn't saying that this building exhibited all of them, they were just pasting in the eyesore qualifications. I would agree, that if he was saying both of those things were true about this particular build that would be ridiculous, but I believe he was merely stating his sources for report reasons in general. (Now I could be wrong on that, and Flown, please correct me if I am, but that's how I read your post)

Fhlown likes this.
  13. SlimeEmperor

SlimeEmperor Moderator Staff Member Moderator Minister of Agriculture Environment Manager Donator

SlimeEmperor
    Okay we're gonna end this argument here. Take it to DMs or drop it, and contact the DoC Minister if there is an issue with a PI. Thank you

Fhlown and Ferngrove2004 like this.