Government Cabinet Meeting Notes | 07/23/2021

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
GTH4FSP_512x512.png

Cabinet Meeting Notes | 07/23/2021
Crime Role-play
Cabinet discussed the potential of adding new crime role-play aspects to the server, including possible bank robberies.

Additionally, we discussed potentially buffing drugs, making them harder to get, and working with Parliament to make drugs illegal. If done, this may increase the aforementioned crime role-play aspect of the server.

Emergency Protocols
Cabinet discussed the potential of adding State of Emergency protocols. This would allow the DoJ Minister, PM, and DPM to issue a State of Emergency which would have following protocols to ensure the safety of government officials. Questions were raised as to whether to not this would be useful.

Mail System / Post Offices
The DoCR has been tasked with implementing post offices to each town/city on the server. These post offices will allow players to send both letters and packages to others via mail.

Troutman Claim of Inadequacy
Cabinet reached a decision on the CoI against Troutman’s mayor, deciding that the mayor will be given the land in the form of a private wild region and the town’s official status will be revoked permanently. This decision was made based on careful examination of the evidence shown during Mayor Vroomba's hearing on 7/22.

DoH Changes
The Department of Health is looking for more ways to increase their scope. This could potentially be done by raising disease odds that were lowered in the past.

Tour Changes
The Department of Public Relations is looking into removing or automating long tours, and having Tour Guides continue to do only short tours.

NPC Features
Cabinet discussed adding new NPCs at important places like the Capitol, the hospital, and other locations. Players would be able to interact with these NPCs to learn about the location’s respective server feature (i.e. the NPC in front of Capitol would tell the player about the Government system).

We also discussed the possibility of adding NPC ‘teachers’ to classrooms at the University. This would serve as a more interactive form of the job guides we currently have.

Companies
The Department of Economy is looking into new ways to help players grow and manage successful businesses, even on a larger scale than a simple shop. As such, the department is working on implementing a new, better-functioning Companies plugin that will help players organize & successfully manage their company.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
It would be interesting to see illegal drugs and bank robberies, but how will the DoJ play in? Wouldn't be that fun if you try and get away but you get /handcuff-ed...

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
It would be interesting to see illegal drugs and bank robberies, but how will the DoJ play in? Wouldn't be that fun if you try and get away but you get /handcuff-ed...
Great point, I didn't include this in the notes since it slipped my mind but we discussed implementing a radius for /handcuff if we added these crime RP laws. That way a PO would need to be within a few blocks to handcuff someone

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Great point, I didn't include this in the notes since it slipped my mind but we discussed implementing a radius for /handcuff if we added these crime RP laws. That way a PO would need to be within a few blocks to handcuff someone
Sounds great. Can't wait to see how this plays out.