Government Cabinet Reports (October 2020)

kailabeann

Citizen
Donator
Department of Agriculture
Department Progress:
  • Near completion of the BusinessCraft National Forest. Expect a formal announcement during November.
  • Shelter renovations: we made the animal pens much more modern and less cage-like and improved the overall design of the shelter with the help of Luxaholic.
  • Shelter expansion: we added a basement to the shelter to add more animal pens as well as a storage room.
  • Successfully completed 43 wild reports
  • Successfully reported 40 inactive wild regions
  • Logged 44 shelter adoptions; logged a total of 54 pets adopted during October.
Goals for next month:
  • Announce the opening of the National Forest (nearly ready)
  • Begin planning towards another national park with a different theme and/or a different wilderness preservation project
  • Make progress on Covington and Ocean City shelters as well as contact town mayors regarding animal shelters

Department of Construction
Department progress:

No report submitted.

Goals for next month:

No report submitted.

Department of Economy
Department progress:
  • Implementation of the new Chef revamp has been done with collaboration from Kaila, Slime, and Windows. New foods with new recipes, effects, and status.
  • Writers have been given a bump by allowing them to enter certain executive branch channels. Although it is powerful, it is not utilized as much as we would have liked.
  • Government budgets have been placed on hold in order to conform to K.I.S.S. Work is done and will be presented when I feel it is necessary.
  • Drills were canned since Mr. President would want them in the vote shop... I will be editing the proposal in order to have them for the public for rental. The goal was to bring money into the gov bal.
  • Awaiting return from SA team on farmer revamp implementation.
  • E-Shop tiers have been edited to make it harder to get into the higher tiers.
Goals for next month:
  • The E-shop needs pricing to be edited.
  • More employment benefits to be implemented.
  • A method to tax the public may be necessary in the future.
Department of Health
Department progress:
  • The department has successfully changed the value of the prescription. The amount of voting points per purchase has been lowered with 100% effectiveness immunity. However, you will still lose immunity if you die in-game.
Goals for next month:
  • Small changes towards the new Capital Hospital's design were noted and hopefully, the DoC has been working on it.
  • We're planning on looking into more disease-related plugins, but we still need to discuss further on that note.
Department of Justice
Department progress:
The department hasn't gone through many changes within this month, unfortunately. Though we are dropping the minimum standard reports required to be active from 10 --> 5 reports. I have hired 3 new POs this month as well; hotshot80915, Cherub54321 and RealFraser.

Goals for next month:
Updates I would like to bring to the Justice Department would be cities/town warps for ease travel across the server to arrest players. This is something similar to the Hospital Warp system where Police Officers can teleport to the different cities/towns (hopefully would like to have this monitored so this won't get abused). We are also hoping to add 1-2 jobs for players soon.

Department of Public Affairs
Department progress:
We have actively been working on our museum, from gathering our server history to logging books.
We have yet to get a fully built museum, and we are still taking donations for it.
I've hired a private company to start building our museum exterior, and hopefully will be done by Dec. 10th.

We have also established a new system for Tour Guides. Introducing our new /tour command, we are starting to keep track of how many tours our TGs do a month. Our Tour Guides have successfully done 150+ tours in October.

Our new and updated server trailer has been in the works for a while now and is almost ready to be public! Along with the trailer, we are looking for ways to make our YouTube much more active.

Social Media is much more active, bringing in new posts on Instagram (@mcbusinesscraft) every week, with some giveaways along the way! I'm working on ways to make the server's Twitter active and running again.

October Approval ratings have gone public. With many troll votes, I plan on introducing a new way of sending out the survey.

Goals for next month:
I plan to have the museum done by the server anniversary and host a large event for it.

Bring in some ways to get our servers Twitter up and running even though it doesn't have much foot traffic. We are also starting to hosting giveaways on Instagram.

Get our Christmas events planned beforehand and start prepping for the annual BC Choice Awards.

Have City/Town Activity Reports more often so we can keep track of what events they want and any government help they need.