gth4fsp_512x512-1-png.13182

Dept. of Agriculture: Minister Kawaibab

Summary
  • Discussion started on Wilderness Redevelopment
  • National Forest Progress Made
  • Zoo being updated
  • NPC Addition @ Animal Shelter
Department Progress
This month we began making progress on what we'll be doing for the next term. One of our main plans involves the Wilderness Warps. We're going to be redeveloping each Wilderness Warp, giving them each their own theme and making them serve a more realistic purpose. I released a survey earlier in the month, asking the public what they'd like to see at each warp. We received multiple results, coming to the conclusion: Warp 1 - Runway/Bus Stand, Warp 2 - Camping Area, Warp 3 - Village Setting, Warp 4 - Wilderness Reserve.

Another project that has had progress made on is the National Forest. Our new Senior Ranger, Mickichu has been redesigning a more efficient Ranger HQ. I've also been talking with DoPA Minister, Gabi__, about the potential of holding future events in the National Forest. With the available space there, I see it as the perfect space to hold new events. We've also had a bus stop added at the National Forest, [Thanks to DoC Minister, Luxaholic]. On a final note for the National Forest, we've put the 3 cabins up for rent, serving as holiday homes for those seeking an escape from the city.

Another addition has been made at the DoA Shelter, a new NPC, Julio, has been added to replace the small store. We hope this will add a cool, realistic feature to the Shelter; Julio is also selling multiple new items.

Senior Environment Manager, __Cookiez has also been making progress on the Zoo, modernising the facilities, and introducing new exhibits. We envision the Zoo to serve a bigger purpose on the server, we're looking into ways to make it more useful.

Not to mention, we hired 2 New Rangers this month, MrSpill and HybridPlague.

Upcoming Projects
Throughout the next month, we hope to make progress on the Wilderness Warps. Myself, I am able to begin progress on constructing each Warp Theme, but I will be requesting assistance from those with adequate building skills in the department.
Progress on the National Forest is expected to continue, I would like work to continue on the area until it is actively benefiting the community.
We seemed to have dropped the idea of a Pet Shop @ around the new spawn area, I would like to pick this idea back up again as I see it having potential. However, I would prioritise the Wilderness Project above this, as I see the Shelter as good enough for now.

Additional Notes
As always, I'm always seeking the Public's opinions on what the DoA can do to support their experience on the server. Whether that's through the Shelter or National Forest, please feel free to DM me suggestions.

Dept. of Construction: Minister Luxaholic

Summary
(not submitted)

Department Progress:
The city was in need of a new and improved bus design that can more efficiently facilitate transportation of players throughout the city as well as to other cities. Orangiez and I designed a wider bus with a larger entrance to ensure easier boarding. In addition, the bus system has been redesigned to be similar to the metro, a GUI now opens upon entering the bus, instead of using buttons at the back of the bus, this makes for even easier and more efficient use of buses. You now also TP outside the bus instead of inside of it. We also expanded the bus system and added several new stops outlined in our announcement. These stops were carefully considered.

The embassy has been constructed. It is pasted in Redmont and includes an ambassador residence, 4 offices, a conference room, a press hall, a study, a trophy room, a cafeteria, and some cubicles. The embassy is inspired by the Hôtel de Ville in Paris, France.

A new university has been constructed by Conar, with interior built by pet blobfish, this new university includes separated classrooms as opposed to the previous style of a wall of signs, adding more RP to the university experience. After some debate in political discussion over the style and use of the space, Conar made some revisions to the university and most people tend to agree the new version is better. The new version of the university is pending further changes with guidance from the DoE.

The inauguration setup was built about a week prior to the event, including a new chair design and a large stage and audience area. Security was very tight until revisions were made with the DoJ.

Spawn features new seasonal decor including Halloween colors and characters and a giant pumpkin. This setup will remain for the month of October with a few items being removed for the month of November.

A new DoC position was made, DoC Secretary, which oversees some department management and paperwork, as well as manages tasks for constructors and interns. Conar was assigned the first DoC Secretary.

The area around the Capitol has been improved with new sidewalks, trees, and some changes to roads. These sidewalks are somewhat of an experiment that could potentially be used in other areas of the city in the future.

The area outside of the hospital has been improved for a more efficient flow of traffic.

The 2 one way streets running north to south between North and South Statehouse Street have been combined into a single 2 lane road running directly from the circle to the hospital. 2 Properties are pending being moved west to finish the project.

PI Report:
Regions reported for eviction: 18
Regions vaulted: 28
PI protocols are soon to be updated thanks to P_Gabor

Upcoming Projects:
The primary focus of this month will likely be the new tutorial. This has been something we have struggled to start on but it is crucial as the tutorial has not been updated in years. The tutorial will likely be located at the new spawn and feature a much more interactive experience. We will work with the necessary departments and administration to construct it.

A new airport will soon be constructed by Orangiez and I, this new airport will feature a more realistic tarmac and size that will tie into the city more seamlessly.

A new courthouse will be built as well, we will work with the Judicial department of the DoJ to construct it to their standards. We hope to use this new courthouse to host a few in-game trials. It will likely be located on the same plot as the old courthouse.

We have big plans to redesign the land the city is on into an island with a redesigned forest area as well as beaches and a few islands. We do not have an ETA but will likely wait for the increased build height of 1.18 to begin construction.

The mansion district may be expanded in the near future to facilitate demand for mansions.

Empty plots scattered around the city will be regioned and sold. We may also add new plots and areas of the city such as an industrial district to replace the horse racing track near south BC.

Spawn buildings such as a new Employment office, government shops, donor room, and more will be constructed soon.

The boat near spawn to take players to the new resource world will be updated soon to look more like an exploration vessel.

Post offices planned to be built in every city.

Please note that there's a high chance that not ALL of these ideas will be implemented this month.

Dept. of Economy: Minister kailabeann

Summary
  • Re-staffed the department after a difficult month
  • Implemented many new internal procedures to maximize organization and efficiency
  • Focusing on education projects with exam updates, new guides, and NPC professors
  • A press conference will be scheduled soon to address responses to the survey
Department Progress
September was a difficult month for the DoE. We were sorely understaffed and unable to make any progress. All projects were put on hold to prioritize staffing up the department since only Slime and I were left. I'm happy to report in the last two weeks we've hired 5 new ES's and we're hitting the ground running.

While working on restaffing and prepping for the new term, we focused on implementing new procedures to help keep the department organized and efficient. We developed standardized training procedures, designed a new proposal template, created a project tracker, and implemented a new report process for ad violations.

All our new members have been trained and assigned projects to work on. We're looking forward to making up for lost time.

Upcoming Projects
The theme of our biggest projects right now is education reforms. Our big focus is how to make it easier for players to make a living and understand how to be successful on the server. We are looking into NPC professors to make studying for and taking exams much more immersive and seamless. All the exams and guides are being combed through for inconsistencies and dated information.

We're also working on an updated "How to Make Money" guide since the current one is very dated. We're also working on a new guide specifically geared towards teaching better business-management skills which combines a bit of the entrepreneur guide, Companies, guide, and general business management tips.

Additional Notes
We are analyzing the feedback survey responses and have scheduled a department press conference to address your ideas and comments on Wednesday, Oct. 6th at 9pm EST.

Dept. of Health: Minister LobsterRoast

Summary

• Discussed the future of the disease plugin and how to expand on it in the updated version
  • Hired Buttrfingrz and Cherub54321 (The latter has since left the department)
  • 382 Patients treated.
  • 3 Patients vaccinated
  • Reorganizing the department after a large exodus of employees
  • Set up a means of reporting misbehaving doctors via the Department of Health Discord.
Department Progress
As is common knowledge by this point, the department is preparing to update to Disease plugin update 4.0 which will allow customizable diseases and remedies for the first time. This is a major undertaking and will require mass coordination between the department, cabinet, and server administration. Although the plugin is in a state that is considered safe to update to, the specifics behind what we'd like to stay and what we'd like to change will still need to be ironed out and the update, for now, is still a long term endeavor.

The 382 patients treated this month follow the trend of patient numbers getting lower and lower. A line graph displaying this can be seen here. Although the department is looking into this, we do believe it is mostly in part due to the server population slowly decaying. We would like to encourage people to use the hospital rather than relying on soothing potions but we would like the public's input on this matter.

Upcoming Projects
The department will continue discussing how to go about updating the plugin and would like the public's input and suggestions on what would be best for Stratham. We would like to make sweeping changes in disease variety as well as altering the names of some remedies. (i.e. Soothing Potions may become Ibuprofen)

We would also still like to find an alternative to patient penalties, which we have been slowly phasing out of use during the past month. We still believe that doctors deserve compensation for their wasted time (and sometimes wasted money) and would like opinions on how to go about this matter.

Ideally, we would like to run another DoH Feedback Survey this month. (Maybe with some new incentives for taking part?)

Additional Notes
More and more I am becoming content with how the department is running and I feel that fewer changes will be necessary in the near future. As such a large portion of our focus will still be where it has always been; upholding the responsibilities of doctors and ensuring that they meet our standards.

Dept. of Justice: Minister Zzz_King

Summary

• DoJ Reform Underway
  • Did security for the Prime Minister Inauguration
  • 69 Reports done this month
Department Progress
This month we accomplished how the PO reform will go with the help and conversations with several ministers and admins. I feel like through all this we will be able to establish a better power balance between Criminals and Police Officers for more fun roleplay opportunities. We also did the security for the Prime Minister Inauguration which was a fun and important experience being able to step in if anything happened. 69 reports completed this month which is the most we’ve had since July. Hoping for more police reports next month as a result of the DoJ reform providing more opportunities for crime.

The public should expect the DoJ reform to be done before the end of next month. Goals not accomplished this month were redefining the senior roles in the department, which I have included in the DoJ reform proposal to be implemented soon, and more ways to track AP’s progress in the department.

Upcoming Projects
Things to be focused on next month are adding more criminal roleplay opportunities and redefining senior roles.

Additional Notes
  • DoJ Reform Underway and more fun Criminal Roleplay Opportunities to be added soon
  • Feel free to message me any suggestions
Dept. of Public Affairs: Gabi__

Summary

(not submitted)

Department Progress
  • Hired Mickichu
  • Hosted the Prime Minister Debate and the Parliament Debate
  • Events: Lava Sumo, Swearing in, Parkour tag
  • 892 tutorial completions this month
  • Olympics coming up soon
  • Promoted Kiko to Head Event Planner
  • Polls role in the department discord for public feedback
  • Government Feedback and Government Census transferred to the Department of State
  • Been a slow month with the transition back to school.
  • Completed Tony tours
Upcoming Projects
  • More social media posts
  • More discord events
  • Update tourguide exam and guide
  • Work on expanding department
  • More ways to get the community involved in events
Dept. of State: Stinkycow

Summary

• Became the DoS from the DoCR
  • Political Parties finally
  • City Census coming soon again
Department Progress
With 2 towns being removed we no longer have the need for our current number of CAs I will probably be shifting some to State Secretaries. Our Post office city challenge is now underway. Otherwise, very little progress so early into the term.

Upcoming Projects
Political party applications should be dropping soon as well as hiring our first state secretaries. We will continue to set up the remainder of DoS-related stuff for the department. New DoS discord following some unfortunate events.