Not open for further replies.

Dwerpy

Daddy Dwerpy
Department of Justice
Donator
Dwerpy
Dwerpy
Sergeant
5/14/2020 I recently found out TheKool_1 was making books about me without my consent,
I did not give him any consent at all to put my name in the book and he did not ask for any consent from 50% of the people in the book.
I would like the books to be burned, or cancelled, and 3500 karunas.

Evidence: witnesses, Czar_chief, Lobstair

Johnnyboi12345

Citizen
Donator
Gentlemen if a judge has not opened the case or asked you to speak in the court please do not respond to the thread unless given express permission. thank you.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Thank you, Officer Johnnyboi.

@Thekool_1 is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @Thekool_1 , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge Matty707 Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

I would also like to remind all parties involved about the strict Honesty in Court Law.

Thank you.

_SwedishIsWhoIAm

Citizen
Banned
Hello, I am being sued for making a book without players consent. I am counter-suing because there is no where in the rules where it says I can't make a book without their consent.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Thank you for responding to the court summons. However, I would like to remind the Defendant that during this proceeding, you are not permitted to file a counter lawsuit against the Plaintiff at this time.

Now, please, provide any feedback to better your defense regarding the Plaintiff's claims.

You have the stand.

_SwedishIsWhoIAm

Citizen
Banned
Hi, I believe that they are misunderstanding. I can write anything I want, and there is no where in the server rules that I can't write about people without their permission, so I think I didn't break the rules. I wrote three books about Dwerpy, Lobstair, and Czar_Chief, at least they are in a book and everyone is buying them. I wrote about other players, and they seem to be okay with it. Thank you!

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Hi, I believe that they are misunderstanding. I can write anything I want, and there is no where in the server rules that I can't write about people without their permission, so I think I didn't break the rules. I wrote three books about Dwerpy, Lobstair, and Czar_Chief, at least they are in a book and everyone is buying them. I wrote about other players, and they seem to be okay with it. Thank you!

Hm, I see. Thank you for your reply.

Now, tell me. (Q) Would both parties be in agreeance with providing the Court a copy of said book(s) so I may review them? These book(s), upon agreeance will be used within the court hearing as viable evidence.

Both parties may reply with their answer, followed by the Plaintiff's rebuttal to the Defense's statement made above.

Thank you.

Dwerpy

Daddy Dwerpy
Department of Justice
Donator
Dwerpy
Dwerpy
Sergeant
Hi, The kool has been putting my name in his several books without my consent and he has been making money off of it he has been doing this with other people he says its a misunderstanding even though he has made 3 books about me I do not approve I would want him to take this book down and give me some of the money he has made

Dwerpy

Daddy Dwerpy
Department of Justice
Donator
Dwerpy
Dwerpy
Sergeant
And while this court case is going he is still continuing to sell the books

_SwedishIsWhoIAm

Citizen
Banned
Judge, that is partly true. I sold a few books because they wanted to see what is wrong with the books. However, I did not go crazy and spam the global chat advertising it.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
Judge, that is partly true. I sold a few books because they wanted to see what is wrong with the books. However, I did not go crazy and spam the global chat advertising it.

Mr. TheKool_1, please do not speak out of turn. Warning #1.

Hi, The kool has been putting my name in his several books without my consent and he has been making money off of it he has been doing this with other people he says its a misunderstanding even though he has made 3 books about me I do not approve I would want him to take this book down and give me some of the money he has made

Mr. Dwerpy, I appreciate your statement, but this is similar information you have already provided the court with your initial statement that started this hearing. If you have anything else to say, please use this time to respond now.

Also, please answer my earlier question by reading the post above. (with the Q)

Dwerpy

Daddy Dwerpy
Department of Justice
Donator
Dwerpy
Dwerpy
Sergeant
I would like to bring my representive to the court, blacksyth

BlackSyth

A Used To Be Fun Member
Donator
Hello Your Honor,

I, BlackSyth, will be stepping in to represent my client Dwerpy in the case against TheKool_1.

TheKool_1 has written 2 fiction books centered around Dwerpy being a criminal. When written, he seems to have asked nobody within the book if he could use their names.
These players were used within the book:
bbnohoney
Czar_Cheif
Dwerpy_2
Johnnyboi12345
_37__
ReaperEduardo
SlimeEmperor
AbbyTheUnicornAZ
Katt_Tail
Kawaibab
Warren_E_Buffet
I asked SlimeEmperor, Katt_Tail, ReaperEduardo, and Dwerpy_2 if they had been asked or given consent to their names being used in the book and all answered No. Slime said that he didn't mind but was not asked.

TheKool_1 has previously claimed, "I can write anything I want, and there is no where in the server rules that I can't write about people without their permission, so I think I didn't break the rules." But in fact, he is wrong.

A bill was passed made by DerpGaming called Writers Content Limitation Act. Within this act it says, "In addition to the above mentioned restrictions, writers will not be able to include player names in books unless they receive the Go-Ahead by the player(s) mentioned in the book. If a player feels they are represented by a commonly used nickname, or details of their role on the server (Jobs, businesses, ect.) they will have the right to sue, the outcome shall be determined by the DoJ’s Judges or SoP (Whomever rules over the Lawsuit.)"

This bill was then later made An Act of Parliament by Sprite. The Act of Parliament also states, "The unauthorized use of someone's name will result in a k1,000 fee to the player whose name was used."

On Top of all this, the book was also not written in good light towards Dwerpy. It had to do with fake crimes he committed and being put in jail to be kept away from his family. None of this is real and Dwerpy has a reputation to uphold. He is both a top 3 player in the BCMMA but he also owns a company. Dwerpy is a much more known player than TheKool_1 is making it much riskier for anything to come out on Dwerpy than Kool.

He then continued to sell the books as he said himself. "I sold a few books because they wanted to see what is wrong with the books. However, I did not go crazy and spam the global chat advertising it." This is also not true, Georgialover13 who I was able to acquire the books from said she was handed the books before he even asked her if she wanted them. That almost completely negates what was said by TheKool_1.

I request that Dwerpy gets paid 1,000 kr for the fee and another 1,000 kr for the second book of the series fee and another 500 kr from the profits made off the two books.

As I wrap up the argument for Dwerpy I want to say, It is not Dwerpys fault that you didn't know the rules of a writer. He has not said this yet but we would like to make sure our defense is strong. TheKool_1 not only wrote a book tearing down Dwerpys reputation but did not check any rules before he wrote it. He never checked to see if any of the players were ok with his use of them in his books and finally, he then almost shoves the books down peoples throat to buy it. We could be leveling more charges but we are not.

Thank You Your Honor
That is all we have for the court

https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/writers-content-limitation-act.4804/
https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/writers-content-limitation.4985/#post-27102

Attachments

• evidence 1.png
    evidence 1.png
    890 KB · Views: 17
  • evidence 2.png
    evidence 2.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 16
  • evidence 3.png
    evidence 3.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 17
  • evidence 4.png
    evidence 4.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 14
  • evidence 5.png
    evidence 5.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 14

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
JUDGE'S RESPONSE

(My apologies on the delayed response to the court hearing.)

Analysis:
The Plaintiff has brought the Defendant @Thekool_1 to civil court on the grounds of breaking BusinessCraft Law, by breaching the Writers Content Limitation Act. [view here] Supportive evidence has been provided within the court and has been reviewed closely.

Conclusion:
The Defendant, without a doubt, has breached the Writers Content Limitation Act. Being that the Bill was proposed and accepted by Parliament nearly a year ago, there should be no excuse for not at least being aware of the specific rules within one's field of work. I am waving the idea that the Defendant was under the impression they were unaware of this Law, based on the Plaintiff's statement that the Defendant continued to sell the books in question hereafter the first reported incident.

Verdict:
As reigning Judge, I am ordering a FINE for proper reimbursement of 2,500 Krunas from the Defendant's (@Thekool_1) personal account and/or material belongings as collateral of equal value.

Plaintiff's Claim: I request that Dwerpy gets paid 1,000 kr for the fee and another 1,000 kr for the second book of the series fee and another 500 kr from the profits made off the two books.

If the Defendant does not repay the exact amount to the Plaintiff, the Department of Justice, @bharatj will then intervene to collect the fined amount from the account of the Defendant and ensure the Plaintiff is paid out. (Fines may be included)

This court case is now adjourned.

Court Adjourned

This case was presided by Judge Matty707

klcPQA3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.