Codified Legislative System

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ShaylixLinx, Jun 28, 2020.

1. ShaylixLinx

ShaylixLinx Citizen

ShaylixLinx
    So I've been thinking,

We have a lot of laws creating a new complex system. A lot of these laws are very short or very long with a lot of them not really being organized. So, how about we create a thread with multiple "Titles" and each law can be sorted under a title.

Essentially, the parliament passes a law to either create or amend a title and said title has a new passage added, new titles can also be preserved if needed too!

Example of written code:

TITLE I - PARLIAMENT
    I.I - Powers of the Legislature
    i. Text here for the powers of the legislature.
    a. Text here for specifics.

This would allow for the smooth understanding of all laws as well simplified legislating.

Just something I was thinking about, could be good.

2. Matthew100x

Matthew100x Citizen

Matthew100x
    My law firm is currently in the process of doing that as we speak. Would you like to join on and help?

3. ShaylixLinx

ShaylixLinx Citizen

ShaylixLinx
    While yes it should be done, I don't think it having been done by a private entity for the master copy should work. It should very much be done by a governmental body/position so that way it consistently gets done. Not to mention, the legislature should just go ahead and start codifying so that way its clear and concise.

4. Matthew100x

Matthew100x Citizen

Matthew100x
    We're currently waiting on the economic minister to accept our business grant proposal. I don't know why it's taking so long, it has been pending for more than a week. If we get the grant we'll release it for free to the public.