Answered / Added Crime time limit - Double Jeopardy ish?

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
There should be a set amount of time that after you've committed the crime, and nobody notices it, you can't be punished/tried/sued for it.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Or maybe after a year of playing (and you haven't committed a crime in over a month) your record will be removed. 'Cause I agree that it gets annoying when you have all of these punishments from an admin that literally warned me for calling somebody "Cool".

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Or maybe after a year of playing (and you haven't committed a crime in over a month) your record will be removed. 'Cause I agree that it gets annoying when you have all of these punishments from an admin that literally warned me for calling somebody "Cool".
This ^

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
That's something different, similar but different to what I originally proposed.
A year of playing is a lot and look at me, even after a year+ of being here I still get warnings.
This is adressed to the stealing issue and hopefully to be more life like. If the stealing thing after said amount of days isn't added, then I would like to see a double jeopardy bill, where you can't be trialed for the crime twice.

Bangladesh150

Citizen
Donator
I think (not trying to speak for you, Vroomba) he means that if you were found innocent in a case, for let's say stealing, you can't be tried for the same case.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
what bangladesh said
if you are accused guilty of stealing, and then you're proven innocent, but later there's enough evidence to prove the person guilty, then the punishment is no longer applicable. this would go for other demeanors as well.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
You haven't been personally affected yet.

Many people over the past week have been banned because they stole something from someone when they first joined (e.g. a long time ago), it's not really fair and to prevent this we should have that law so people don't become upset.

I mean it's just an idea and it does sound out of whack and might not pass but that's fine. But there should be some sort of terms that instead of being banned for doing something you don't remember or doing something when you weren't as well informed, there should be a way of handling them a different way than a straight up ban and appeal.

I am going off onto a tangent with a better idea for this.

New Idea:
If a crime was committed 2+ months ago, and nobody recognized it, or saw it happen during that time period or something like that, then the person guilty should be penalized by doing some community service or just simply replacing all items that were taken, or doing something ALTERNATIVE to a straight up ban.

So I guess NOW, I am proposing that we make a NEW law, for crimes that are noticed/proven guilty 2 months later after it was committed. This will prevent people from being randomly banned, which to them is no reason or don't remember what they did. This would fall in for every single misdemeanor;

No more bans - Instead we make them do community service, or something alternative such as replacing the items that were stolen, work for the government or players etc. After 2 months time, no bans should be given. It should be replaced with this type of 'punishment'.

I didn't really know what I wanted to do with this but talking to you guys made me decide and now I have this morphed post and all of you to thank for. So this is the new idea.

Luxaholic

Owner
Staff member
Owner
you’re basically suggesting a statue of limitations. I could get behind it for some things but stealing is pretty serious imo, you took someone else’s things and got a very unfair advantage.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Yes. That is correct. You do get a unfair advantage.
I'm not encouraging crime, or at least trying not to. But people get slapped in the face with a ban for doing something they don't remember.

Libnah

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊˚
Donator
How convenient for players to not remember the crime they committed. I mean, the proof is still there. I don't agree to extend this idea to stealing. They happened to take advantage of a glitch in my opinion. However, maybe this idea could work for murder or another crime. Regarding the community service, it will be a very tedious process to begin with. Thoughts?

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
From the very beginning you start playing, we count that you read at least some of the general rules and laws. If they're caught breaking them eventually then I don't think they should be let go. I'll let Parliament decide this one, however.

Libnah

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊˚
Donator
bharatj and I will work on this motion with Vroomba. We’ll see if something can be figured out.