Crossbows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xEndeavour

Citizen
Banned
- Username: Kbooth1102
- Suggestion Title: Crossbows
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): It will act as a compromise the the recent gun debate that has been a polarising debate. It’s not much different than a bow, but something different and more fire-arm like. It could lead to a weaponsmith job role or something along those lines?
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): Yes. There are a few out there for 1.13.
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No): I’m not sure on the platform we use, so I’ll leave this out.
- Additional Information: crossbows are a feature of 1.14. They are vanilla and bringing them forward an update through a plugin is a reasonable compromise and alternative to firearms. I respectfully ask that the topic of firearms is not debated in this thread, and instead it is solely for crossbow implementation.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
I don't really like this idea because it's a compromise for a discussion that just started out of the blue. Nobody has expressed a need for firearms until now. Because our 'audience', or number of players is growing, we have more players including all of you who have expressed their needs for gun because of other servers that are gta-like. Honestly, all those servers attract the worst type of players. It's something that we're living on the edge here at BC. Our server doesn't have that toxicity yet, and adding a crossbow, which pretty much mimics a gun, could maybe lead to it. I wouldn't want this server to turn into that, so I am against it. Also, these weapons are like airplanes, in which they can be easily abused without strict amounts of regulations. They bring so much power that is difficult to regulate. I would see this same 'idea' within crossbows.

I am saying this because this suggestion, this solution of a crossbow emerged from ^ this debate.

And honestly! We might as well just make a suggestion for the 1.14 update because it's unreasonable to add a new plugin *just* for one item.

I've only seen input of few administrators, which would be in charge of adding this by the way, and they both said no to guns also. So crossbows?

Edited

Last edited:

Neil

Citizen
Donator
I like this! It is a perfect thing to use for hunters! If used responsibly it would work out great for everyone, hunters could get more meat and mob drops meaning that they would get more profit. People who are in need of those items (a lot) would get them, and everyone benefits! #KeepKBooth1102InParliament