Economy Freezing?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by LethalFantocinni, Sep 14, 2019.

1. LethalFantocinni

LethalFantocinni Citizen Donator

LethalFantocinni
    Hello,

I hope this message find you in good welfare. I was doing some research and I've noticed that the removal of emerald trading is harshly slowing down our economy. Now, before anyone loses there minds, no I do not want to bring emerald trading back. Emerald trading created a effect known as "Sleep starting". This effect puts the economy in a state where everything seems fine on a small scale, but on a large scale this is terrible for the state of well being.

When emerald trading dropped, tons of small business failed because of the lack of profit from the farming industry. These small businesses were based in mall shops and other rental areas; most businesses could not buy plots. With the farming aspect of industry gone, big companies such as M | Corp, were put on hold, and small businesses had no one to sell there items to. On top of this the government severely dropped prices of farmed goods in the Government Shop, one of the number one places to sell food. This was a direct hit to these small businesses, which the economy desperately needs.

With that done, the government has not bailed out businesses. Government business grants only can do so much with a limit of 5000 krunas, and buying and selling has nearly ceased to continue with so many members being self reliant. In real economies, the buying and selling of goods and services is the most important factor of it all. Even bartering made a similar effect, which still made a great economy.

In Minecraft, people can build wonderful things, farm with ease, slay mobs, and make money with the simple click of a tutorial online. This makes people more self-reliant. This is freezing buying and selling.

To fix this, we don't need a big bank or a new alternative to emerald trading, because that will reignite that "Sleep starting" factor in the economy, which as I explained before is terrible long-term for any economy. We need to get our trades back online, and make sure that the government bails out any small businesses. Because we cannot have the corporate giants with out the local businesses.

Please reply and correct me if I'm wrong, and also share your thoughts and opinions on this forum. I would love to hear knew ideas and soulitions to the state our economy is in.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  2. Sprite

Sprite Citizen

SpriteWhatever
    no

Danielw_ likes this.
  3. DoctorThunder7

DoctorThunder7 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Minister of Business Development Member of Parliament Constructor Donator

DoctorThunder7
    I just want to point something out. Emerald Trading provided profits that were never supposed to exist. It was literally pulling money out of thin air. We don't need a replacement for something that was never meant to be.

Ok so now on to farming. You do know even with current prices players are still making a massive profit of the government shop. To be honest players shouldn't be selling food to the government shop in the first place. They should actually use the Grocery Store and sell directly to the players, not to some imaginary thing.

As for the bail outs. Meh I dont see why we need them. I see more small business fail cause the owner usually quits or joins up with others. I'd like to point out that your arguing for Small Business through out most of this post but in the end you want Corporate Giants?

Sprite likes this.
  4. LethalFantocinni

LethalFantocinni
    For your first paragraph, I agree with you it's almost as worse as using the /eco and getting money that way. For your second paragraph, the government shop does let players pull out massive profits, but the sudden drop of the prices was not expected. Instead of launching a massive nuke on emerald trading, the government should have slowly started removing it, instead of essentially murdering the fake economy that emerald trading met.

The third paragraph, at the moment we are in to deep for a bail out, but a few months ago they would have been very useful. With that point, I am just saying we need balance on both ends. The rich can survive this; they have a high abundance of krunas. The poor cannot.

Thanks for your feedback! I liked it.

5. Sprite

Sprite Citizen

SpriteWhatever
    - The DoCE had been dropping prices before... so yeah, it was slightly expected?
    That's literally what they did. Stop acting an expert on everything new when you haven't been on in roughly half a year.
    Crazy little concept called "rich people own companies and give jobs to poor people".

6. LethalFantocinni

LethalFantocinni
    I'll only reply to your last message. What happens when the small businesses go away because the rich are hiring everyone? Maybe you could run a small businesses as a side job, but we depend on the full time 'tiny' companies that work hard but they never get big to keep the economy moving. Small businesses also present new employment opportunities and serve as the building blocks of the BC's largest corporations. The only type of business that could survive during an activity drop ( people leaving BC in mass numbers), are small business. They are the backbone of the economy and imperative to our survival.

Small businesses are also what bring small communities (such as towns) to life. The plots are generally much cheaper in these areas, and that makes it easy to build HQs, farms, and other commercial uses for buildings there. This makes it a central space for new people looking for a place to work. If a corporate company were to do this, it wouldn't have the same effect; every company with a net worth over 100,000 krunas has a plot in Capital City, and since this would be more convenient to head to the Capital, the new buildings in small towns would not bring as many people as small businesses would.

As for your points Derp, I find you made great ones, and I have learned that I was incorrect. Thanks!

7. Sprite

Sprite Citizen

SpriteWhatever
    Businessman sees heavy competition, businessman thinks of an idea not really done or perfected yet, moves business there and makes money. Wash rinse repeat, and then we have businesses in nearly all form of the market.

As Trump said: Wrong. You act like people won't adapt to adverse changes. What's stopping the larger companies from finding other employees? If people were to be leaving this server in mass numbers, we'd have larger issues to deal with regardless.

I really, really, really, really hate to break it to you chief but ain't no company, big or small, is going to find employees that are willing to go travel 5-10 minutes out of there way, especially on a Minecraft server, to go work. The only company to actually succeed in this was Hydra, and I still ain't got a clue how the hell they did it. As the former mayor of a town, I can most certainly say this isn't even remotely near the case.

8. bharatj

bharatj Administrator Staff Member Administrator Minister of Justice Mayor

bharatj
    Okay I just want to say one thing. I agree with some things you said, however I want to clear up your comment that we killed emerald trading out of nowhere. For almost a year, we’ve been slowly lowering the price of emeralds, and also repeatedly warned that emerald trading would not be a long term way to make money. Most companies didn’t listen or didn’t take the situation seriously enough, therefore failed. And as for them being put on hold and not many other alternatives, that’s just incorrect. I can name many things that companies can do that are in demand, and if they are done properly, would prove to be very beneficial for both the business and the overall economy.

Kbooth1102 likes this.
  9. Technofied

Technofied Citizen Banned Donator

Technofied
    [redacted]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Kbooth1102 likes this.
  10. Kairuchii

Kairuchii Moderator Staff Member Moderator Event Planner Donator

Kairuchii
    IMO businesses fail because their expenses are much more than their revenues

And also it is the matter how dedicated you are. You cannot expect a really good company if you just started and quit half way through.

Kbooth1102 likes this.
  11. Technofied

Technofied Citizen Banned Donator

Technofied
    [redacted]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  12. Kbooth1102

Kbooth1102 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Sergeant Police Officer Hospital Secretary

kbooth1102
    Why bail out businesses that won't make a profit again? People need to supply the demand rather than selling what is quick and easy to make.

13. LethalFantocinni

LethalFantocinni
    By bailing out businesses I mean providing alternatives to what is currently happening. This would get businesses back on track for success. Right now in order to keep the economy moving we only methods that are slow, but a bailout would be one big method that would last for about a week to get businesses back on track.

14. Sprite

Sprite Citizen

SpriteWhatever
    what companies are in need of "bailout"

15. LethalFantocinni

LethalFantocinni
    You could look at essentially any company that used emerald trading to provide for their company. For instance, a bank that supplies loans with money made from emerald trading may have gone over when they didn't have enough money to keep running.

16. DoctorThunder7

DoctorThunder7 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Minister of Business Development Member of Parliament Constructor Donator

DoctorThunder7
    Any company that did emerald trading should have seen this coming. It was there fault they aren’t in business anymore. Smart move would been to use that money to expand into other areas to diversify there income

17. DerpGaming20_YT

DerpGaming20_YT Assistant Employment Secretary Assistant Employment Secretary Donator

DerpGaming20_YT
    If a company can’t find a new source of income after they somehow lose their current source of income, then why should they remain in business? There’s many markets that old emerald trading companies could enter; but if they aren’t willing to figure out how to profit, then why should anyone hold their hand to keep em in business?

18. LethalFantocinni

LethalFantocinni
    While both your statements are correct, what will we do to fix the economy slowing down? The businesses were wrong for not being able to stay in business, but in BC the only that makes a business small is the owner's failure to manage krunas well. What do you do to stop the big businesses from taking a hit from the small businesses? I don't know about you but a market made of entirely corporate companies doesn't sound fun to me.

19. DoctorThunder7

DoctorThunder7
    What companies do you consider would fall into that “big” business category?

20. LethalFantocinni

LethalFantocinni
    I'm not going to put any company names out there, but any companies with a net worth over 250k