• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkleA

Citizen
- Title: Humane Stray Pets System
- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation): Creation
- Elaboration & Reasoning: As many of you have probably seen, there are many dogs on the streets in the city. There is no way to tell who owns them, nor an easy way to remove them humanely, i.e. without killing them.
  • A plugin would be installed (see more below) that allows people to check the owner of a pet and lets certain players change the owner of said pet, so they could move it to the pound.
  • A pound/shelter would be created. This shelter would be built in the city. Staff would have perms to change the owner of pets.
  • This would outlaw leaving pets on the street. Staff would have to go around seeing where dogs were left on the street, and check the owner. Then, they would punish the players, see below. After that, the staff member would take the dog (or cat, those are rare, however, on BusinessCraft) to the shelter. If a player went to the shelter and wanted to adopt the pet, they would choose a name for it, that goes on the name tag, and would pay K150 (includes a name tag with a name of choice) and could pay an extra K10 for a collar color of choice. The staff would fine the player (so it goes to the government balance, if there is another way please let me know) the amount they wanted and give them the ownership of the dog and he nametag (and use the dye on the dog).
  • Punishments would go as follows:
  1. Warning, could pick up the dog at the shelter (without the nametag or collar) for a fine of K50 (open for change). All offenses are the same as this first offense.
- Other Information: This would require a plugin, and I have found one that would work nicely. https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/pet-master.15904/

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
This is a good idea and could clear the streets of random dogs that have been abandoned. However, I do believe that price is a bit overpriced. Considering that wolves are easy to find and some places, in the city, sell name tags fairly cheap. I'm proposing somewhere around k150-k200 instead of k300.

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
This is a good idea and could clear the streets of random dogs that have been abandoned. However, I do believe that price is a bit overpriced. Considering that wolves are easy to find and some places, in the city, sell name tags fairly cheap. I'm proposing somewhere around k150-k200 instead of k300.
And for some people who fish a lot, getting name tags shouldn't be too hard for them. Especially if they have luck of the sea 3 and/or lure 3.

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
This is very good, although I don’t think players should get warnings, since these dogs don’t affect anyone, instead maybe raise the fine to 100 Krunas

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
This is very good, although I don’t think players should get warnings, since these dogs don’t affect anyone, instead maybe raise the fine to 100 Krunas
It affects the beauty of the city as a whole, and if someone disrupts that they deserve a warning

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
Because I don't see how people can consider killing a dog "inhumane" in MINECRAFT. The dog is just a bundle of Javascript and pixels. It doesn't have feeling or thoughts. It's only purpose is to be tamed and bred. (And to eat sheep)

Now don't get me wrong, I love animals, but this is just ridiculous. If these were real animals, I would definitely support this.

sparkleA

Citizen
I understand what you mean about how it’s just a dog in Minecraft. However, this is a realistic server. To keep up with realism, should we really be just going around killing dogs? Also, this motion isn’t just for that. It is also illegalizing leaving stray pets on the streets. And, adding a pound as well. I believe this motion would definitely benefit BusinessCraft.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I understand what you mean about how it’s just a dog in Minecraft. However, this is a realistic server. To keep up with realism, should we really be just going around killing dogs? Also, this motion isn’t just for that. It is also illegalizing leaving stray pets on the streets. And, adding a pound as well. I believe this motion would definitely benefit BusinessCraft.
agreed. It also serves the players who accidentally leave their dogs out and want them back, yet come back and some staff member has killed it.

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
Well if players just left their dog on the side of the road, they are obviously not capable of handling/taking care of said dog, so I don't think they should get it back. (If its even still alive)

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
Well if players just left their dog on the side of the road, they are obviously not capable of handling/taking care of said dog, so I don't think they should get it back. (If its even still alive)
Sometimes people make mistakes. There's something called "forgiveness" and "sympathy" as well.

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
It's not really a mistake to just leave your dog somewhere. And, if it was a mistake, why not just come back to get the dog?

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
It's not really a mistake to just leave your dog somewhere. And, if it was a mistake, why not just come back to get the dog?
Because
A ) it might be left somewhere you can't get back to
B ) they might not remember where
Also, it is an honest mistake. I've even left my dogs places before (I've come back for them later but still)

Last edited:

sparkleA

Citizen
Also, maybe you leave your dog somewhere by mistake, and then you log off. Then, later, you remember the dog, but you can't come on, or you aren't allowed to (parents can be strict sometimes). Staff won't take too long to get to the dog, and then they can kill it, unless this motion is passed. This, however, is just one specific scenario relating to your opinion. But, this motion would be helpful in many other ways, such as improving realism and the beauty of the server. It is also not illegal to just leave your dog somewhere atm, but this would illegalize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.