Lawyer
In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
CIVIL ACTION
Date: 05/22/2022

IAmA_MoronXD

v.

Nightmare98765

I. Description of Case
The Plaintiff brings forth the following causes of action and alleges the following against the Defendant:
According to the Stratham Bar Association Act, the minister of justice is tasked with overseeing the administration of the bar association. Nightmare has been Minister of Justice since March 13th and the SBA act has been in law since March 16th. Nightmare has clearly shown no progress in starting a Bar Association, therefore they are clearly ignoring there duties as MoJ.

II. Parties
1. IAmA_MoronXD
2. Nightmare98765

III. Sequence of Events
1. March 13th: Nightmare was confirmed as Minister of Justice.
2. March 16th: The SLB act became law.

IV. Claims for Relief
1. The Minister of Justice is responsible for setting up the administration and rules for the Bar Association. Nightmare has been ignoring the responsibilities of the office of MoJ by not setting up anything for the Bar Association.

V. Damages
1. We are asking for the removal of Nightmare98765 from their position of Minister of Justice.
2. We are also asking that Nightmare98765 be barred from holding public office until the next election period.

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Lawyer
@Nightmare98765 is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @Nightmare98765 , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge Cherub54321 Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

Since this is a case against the Government, the DoJ Minister may choose to have another Government figure or representative represent them in the case.

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Lawyer
The Defendant has reached out to me asking for an extension of time. They are given an additional 48 hours, a total of 96 hours to respond to the case.

That is all,
Thank You

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Lawyer
Good Morning,

Due to the forums shut down, the Defedent's 48 hours will restart, If there are any questions please feel free to let me know.
That is all,
Thank You

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
Your Honor,

I would like to start by mentioning that the Stratham Bar Association Act is very vague in its wording, leaving many questions to be answered by interpretation. The minister creates rules and qualifications but when is the election cycle? Is it at the same time as the parliament/PM election cycle or does the DoJ minister have to create the cycles themselves? What proportion of members to delegates will there be in the SBA? What is the timeline for all of these tasks to be accomplished?

With so many questions left unanswered, things are bound to slow down and confusion is inevitable. The most important question is what the timeline for the creation of the House of Delegates is. If that is not stated, is it meant to be implied? If so, is the creation of this House of Delegates not done according to the Minister’s timeline?

I understand that this is a matter of fulfilling constitutional duties. What I fail to understand is how a deadline for fulfilling duties is created without being officially stated. Among the many problems of the SBA Act, the largest and most relevant to this case is how open it is to interpretation among both the Minister of Justice and the people. While I do appreciate citizens keeping Ministers accountable, without being given a clear directive, what is a Minister expected to do in a realm in which the position does not typically take part in?

Thank you.

IAmA_MoronXD

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
IAmA_MoronXD
IAmA_MoronXD
Lawyer
Your honor, bharatj has not responded in the allotted time and as per your wording this case should close in my favor. Thank you.

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Lawyer
Good Evening,

I would first of all like to apologise for the late reply, I was busy over the weekend and was unable to get to this until today.

Although bharatj failed to respond in the allotted time on this thread, he did privately contact me to ask for an extension which I granted but forgot to put on this thread, so I will be allowing for this case to continue. I would however like to request that all parties reply to this thread when requesting extensions to ensure this does not happen again.

Continuing with the case, the Plaintiff @IAmA_MoronXD now has 48 hour to present their opening statement.

That is all,
Thank you

IAmA_MoronXD

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
IAmA_MoronXD
IAmA_MoronXD
Lawyer
Your honor, opposing counsel, this is a case about a minister ignoring responsibility and delaying progress in the legal community. As setup in the SBA act, the minister of justice is responsible for creating the bar association. So far, no progress has been made and we have nearly reached the end of the term. It is imperative that we hold ministers accountable to their responsibilities.

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The Plaintiff's opening statement is noted.
The Defence is now given 48 hours to present their opening statement.

That is all,
Thank you

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The Defence has elected to not present an opening statement. As per procedure, we will now be moving on to witness testimony. If either the plaintiff or defendant has witnesses for the court to hear, they are to make it known within 48 hours. If either party has no witnesses to bring forth, they are to reply by saying so.

If either party has questions, they are more than welcome to ask.

That is all,
Thank you

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
No witnesses, your honor.

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Lawyer
Good Afternoon,

Seeing how neither party has any witnesses to call, I would now like to offer time for each party to offer rebuttals against their oppositions opening statement. We will start with the Plaintiff, do you have any responses to the Defendant or any further questions you would like to ask them?

That is all,
Thank you

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Lawyer
Good morning,

Seeing how neither party wishes to make a rebuttal we shall now move on to closing statements. The Plaintiff will go first, followed by the defendant.

That is all,
Thank you

IAmA_MoronXD

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
IAmA_MoronXD
IAmA_MoronXD
Lawyer
Good afternoon your honor, opposing counsel. This case is simple, the minister ignored his responsibility and delayed progress in the legal system. The defendant has made no progress following the SBA act despite having almost a entire term. This case is simple and I ask that you rule in my favor to set a precedent showing no one is above the law. Thank you.

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
I am currently on a trip so I would like to request that this case be put on hold until Wednesday.

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Lawyer
Good Evening.

Request granted, this case is on hold until 29/6/22

That is all,
Thank you

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Lawyer
Good Evening,

@bharatj Please can you respond with your closing statement

That is all,
Thank you

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
Your Honor,

Seen as Nightmare is no longer DoJ Minister, the damages being requested by the plaintiff are not possible to grant. However, that being said, I believe the plaintiff and I can both agree on the fact that the Stratham Bar Association should be created as soon as possible.

While it is ideal that any direct is acted upon in a timely manner, how is it sensible to argue that an action wasn't taken by a certain time without a timeline being attached to the legislation? With that in mind, I would also like this case to serve as a request to parliament to clarify the questions asked previously regarding the Stratham Bar Association Act so that it may properly be created.

Thank you.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

Seeing that Judge Cherub is currently in Parliament and not actively part of the Judiciary, I will be making the final ruling on this case. I will allow 48 hours for either party to bring up any issues they have with my ruling or present any new and/or additional information. After those 48 hours, I will fully review the case and make a ruling.

That is all,
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.