Johnnyboi12345's Election Post (June 2019)

Johnnyboi12345

Citizen
Donator
  • Your username johnnyboi12345
  • Your age 25
  • Your activity on the server nearly every day
  • When you joined the server 1 month ago
  • Why you think you are suited to be a Member of Parliament: i have spent years serving my irl country and and worked with actual campaigns. i love helping people and watching institutions grow and evolve i love being able to talk to people and work towards there betterment and needs. The time is now for your voice to be spoken
Why would you vote for me?
I am a straight shooter and while others will promise you the world ill promise nothing but this i will work tirelessly to make the server as smooth as possible. im just like you a player and as a player i want you to know that your happiness is my happiness, so i wont promise you the world but i can promise you a brighter and better future for you from me

Though i solemnly believe the people have the right to tell em what laws is should vote for i do have some views :D
1.) the price of regioning is a big concern of mine as new players cant afford these high prices and destruction of property drive people off.
2.) i would propose new regulation and a bill to help our officers stem the tide of the Major crime spikes

"Hear this young men and women, everywhere, and proclaim it far and wide. The world is yours and the fullness thereof. Be kind but be Fierce. You are needed now more then ever before. Take up the mantle of change For THIS is your time."
(debate responses since i was not able to attend ENJOY! :D)
1.)There have been suggestions of decentralizing the capital city, what are your thoughts on this? Do you think it will benefit the server? Please elaborate. 1.) The decentralizing of capital city in my opinion should be done. The focus on the capital keeps new players mostly out of new cities and some developing cities require big industries to support player flow and I think that it is damaging to the cities. So yes, capital city should decentralize.

2.) Having the PM and/or DPM being an elected position has been brought up numerous times in the past discussions, what is your stance on this topic? Why? If you agree to have these positions be elected, what should be the steps and requirements?

2.) While I do believe in full democracy, The pm should not be an elected position, not only is it the most powerful position but the risk of having that power fall into greedy hands or people who are not equipped could be the downfall of the server and the same goes for the DPM.

3. Do you think Parliament should have jurisdiction over things currently decided upon by Cabinet other than just laws and government changes (Parliament’s current powers)?

3.) I think that parliaments Jurisdiction needs to change. There task of laws and changes of those laws is fine.

4.) If you were elected/re-elected to Parliament, what ideas do you have that you believe would benefit the server if passed?

4.) If elected this cycle I would focus on the issues of the majority, while the thoughts of every player count the benefit of the whole is fixing what the whole population see wrong, like the surge of crime the economy and tour guides and doctor jobs Skyrocketing to name a few.

5.) Due to the crime rates spiking in the city more often, do you believe that the current PvP laws are too harsh, too lax, or just fine during this time? Please explain.

5.) As a PO myself and having helped stem the crime crisis I think that the pvp laws are to lax, I don’t think it’s the number of PO on it’s a matter of we do not have the speed to catch them all as we have to run them down and then another murder strikes. While we have some laws that are to harsh, pvp laws just don’t equal up.

6. With the edit to frivolous case punishments bill being accepted, do you believe that people should have a limit/cool down on the number of cases they can present as part of the punishment? Why or why not?

No the current system in regards to the bill they want to introduce should not change. Mistakes can be made and if those records are shoved inside of a new case it can torpedo the ongoing case. Furthermore because new players are mainly the ones I see in jail doing this to them is a bad thing in my opinion and should remain with fines and the standard time for each offense.

7. Term limits on MP positions, although have not been mentioned as much in recent, are a heavily debated topic. What is your opinion on this? Explain your reasoning.

7.) Terms are something that we must put into perspective. We are a democratic Minecraft server and as such terms should not be like they are now they should not be able to career politician the system so while a term limit must be set I think it should be in a way that you can only have a set number of consecutive terms and then be able to run again.

8.) Currently, a democratic oligarchy is the type of government Westwood is under. What are your thoughts on this? Should it be changed from lifetime to an election basis? If so, what times should the election cycle be? Should Westwood be changed to a different form of government? Which form? Please elaborate.

8.) There should be no Public city under an oligarchy rule, We are a democratic server and moreover a server who offers advancement to all players. To have a city council in life long positions while other cities hold constant elections is unfair and frankly unjust. However I do think that for the time being we should monitor how the situation unfolds, though im stanchly against it I do see the benefits and possibilities of it.

9.) There has been discussion about setting a cap on the maximum amount of interest allowed on a loan. Do you support this idea? Why or why not? If you are in favor of usury laws such as this, what percent interest would you suggest?

9.) government regulation in this area should be heavy. As ive seen basically server loan sharks going after new players then inflating the interest rate and taking them to court and winning usually resulting in that new player leaving. So I think that a maximum cap should be set.

10. What is your biggest achievement on Business craft and how can it reflect with your term in Parliament?

10.) I feel my biggest achievement on BC is my being accepted to a government position which I can keep people safe. And I think that it is that safety and trust in the government id what I can do and do everything to help the people listen and understand what they are trying to say and act on it.

Last edited: