Kat's Election Post (October 2018)

Kat

flower girl
Donator
Hi there, nice to meet you and if you’ve met me before, how the heck are ya? I’m Kat if you didn’t know, I have been with this server for over a year now. I had my first run at Parliament December of 2017 and haven’t left Parliament since. We seem to be approaching that mark again haha. I’m thinking I will give myself to Parliament one more term before I take a very much needed break. If I get in this term I will be able to say I was in Parliament for a whole year! (I don’t know, it would be cool to me at least, sounds like a pretty nerdy thing to be excited about lol, but I am)

I know a lot of people are thinking why they would want me back in again after I have been in it for so long. I guess I should share what I have done so far and possibly what I intend to do if I get in for my final term.

I have assisted with many bills and even had a good amount of my own:
Accepted Bills: The Absentee Ballot, Creation of Department Protocols, Approved Services edit, Ticket Abuse, The Will, The stealing appeal
Accepted then Vetoed Bills: Field Tests, Creation of Towns, the businesscraft forum account vote, and Government Collateral(suggestion by a player)
Rejected: None

I also created a new system within Parliament on Discord that helps the MP's interact more and keeps everyone better updated on new laws to vote on, we now typically have all MP's being involved and it's such a good feeling seeing everyone work together, we definitely had a great group this last term. The system involves posting a draft of your bill and giving everyone the chance to help you improve it and give input. From there they can post it on forums so that all of BC may see what Parliament is up to.

In March of 2018 I was elected to the position of President of the Parliamentary Assembly and since then I have been elected to the position every term up until right now. From there I’ve worked closely with the law and assisted the Prime Minister with implementing many of the new bills that passed! (To be exact: I implemented 23 bills)

Moving onto my final term if I am voted in again I would hope to accomplish this list:
  1. Run once again for President of Parliament so that I may accomplish finishing the implementation of laws, old and new. (I recently implemented 10 of our MP's bills in one night so there aren't many left at all <3)
  2. Assist the new members of Parliament in adjusting to the system
  3. Introduce a new department
  4. Revive the creation of towns
  5. Better the specification of laws
  6. Through my knowledge as a mayor, I would like to assist the cities by finding ways to help them grow more efficiently.
  7. Improve Government systems in order to better serve the players
  8. And hopefully, take suggestions from players
    -If anyone has any they would like to speak to me about you are free to do so

I would like to point out that I know this may seem like a brag sheet, and that's basically what it is haha. I need to be proud of my accomplishments, I need to have confidence and believe in the work I do or else what is running if you don't even believe in yourself? All that are running, I wish you much luck. You all seem very confident and that is truly important. For those that aren't running and might run in the future, you can definitely make a difference in the server, I just know it.

I would like to thank all that voted for me the last term! You're so sweet! I hope I am worthy of your vote this time again as I will make it my last term for a while if I get in. Have a nice day/night! (whenever you're reading this)
    ~
    Ciao~

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
Good luck Kat