Kbooth1102's Election Post (October 2019) - Candidacy withdrawn

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Kbooth1102, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Kbooth1102

Kbooth1102 Sergeant Sergeant Police Officer

kbooth1102
    Campaign Information

BC Parliament 8.png

Hi Everyone!

For those who I haven't crossed paths with in my time on the server, I'm Kbooth1102!

I have been a part of the Business Craft community for just short of four months now. In this time I have been heavily involved with the server! I'm currently 19 and studying Politics and Law. I have the utmost respect for the rule of law and democracy..

I have racked up a total playtime of over 14 days, as I have no life between my studies. I am on regularly throughout the day, however I generally miss everyone due to living in the fake country they call Australia. Throughout my time on the server, I have served and currently serve as an Executive for Hamilton Industries, a Doctor in the Department of Health, and the Sergeant of the Department of Justice. As you most likely already know, I'm also a Member of Parliament and the incumbent Speaker for the Parliament.

As a legal nerd I get heavily involved in debates on discord. I have immersed myself in the political sphere to better the server in any and every way I can. I ensure that I answer every question I get and justify every bill I put forward, to anyone who asks.

This is how I represented you during the August Parliament:
    • Served as Speaker of the Parliament, where I stabilised and maintained the organisation and integrity of the Parliament.
    • Clarified and amended ambiguous laws and loopholes.
    • Promoted further infrastructure around the server such as Ender Chest ATMs.

2019-10-08_15.11.28.png
    • I reformatted the Rules and Laws tab to simplify and improve the layout for players, in-particularly DoJ staff and new players.

Capture.JPG
    • I encouraged bigger government, through pushing for the split of the DoCE.

Capture.JPG
    • Increased government transparency through participating in all the PMQs and the implementation of EQs.

2019-09-14_22.50.50.png
    • Simplified the parliamentary process, through the renaming of prefixes.

Capture.JPG
    • Stabilised the government through the inclusion of the speaker in the motion-of-no-confidence requirements and the prerequisites for a ministerial motion-of-no-confidence, which also protects the minister.
    • Helped define the jurisdiction of cabinet and parliament for a more cooperative government, which I believe was reflected in the great work we’ve done during this term with cabinet.
    • Put forward bills on behalf of citizens such as the bill of rights.
    • Deregulated numerous laws in order to make the server less restricted.
    • Encouraged the Implementation of #economy-discussion.

Thank you for this opportunity to serve you during this time. I'd like to expand on my work throughout the October term should you afford me the opportunity to hold office again!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to post below, and or contact me on discord @kbooth1102#6468.

I'd like to know your feedback on how I represented you and how I can improve throughout another term in parliament!

VOTE 1 BOOTH!

Delivering 2.png

Danielw_, olefante and Zulf like this.
  2. olefante

olefante Capitalist/Economist Donator

olefante
    #KboothForParliament

3. Sprite

Sprite Citizen

SpriteWhatever
    I have a member of parliament (won't name who because I'm not a dickhead) claiming that you were "totalitarian" and that you didn't "conform to the fact that we (they) had lives and aren't always available". I asked a few more MPs, and they said they agreed with it, albeit more mildly. Would you care to comment on that?

4. Taelor

Taelor Moderator Staff Member Moderator Minister of Public Affairs Member of Parliament Environment Manager

Taelor
    The member of parliament you're referring to has had SEVERAL reminders (on almost every bill we've voted for) to vote, even when the time has passed. They've had several absentee ballots and really don't have a good explanation for it. He was active Sunday on the server so there is no reason he shouldn't have voted. He was even in the parliament meeting where we discussed voting and gave multiple VERBAL reminders to vote. It's not our fault they don't care enough to do their job.

5. Kbooth1102

kbooth1102
    Hi Sprite,

I have a feeling I know who you are talking about. This individual had 72 hours to place a vote, of which they were reminded to submit multiple times. When someone does not vote, as you would know, it holds up the progress of a bill. They refused to vote in the allotted time, and I reminded them of the law, that should they fail to vote, they would receive a warning point.

As speaker I have set high standards. I expect MPs to not engage in misconduct, and to vote on bills. In my first few days as Speaker, I created a spreadsheet for everyone to indicate their availability. All meetings were structured around everyone's availability, as I recognise they have lives.

Describing me as totalitarian is a hyperbole.

6. Sprite

Sprite Citizen

SpriteWhatever
    Thanks for responding to a question for... kbooth?

Thank you.

7. Kbooth1102

kbooth1102
    I asked Taelor to second me on this. I was just slower in my reply.

Taelor likes this.
  8. Neil

Neil Citizen

NeilBuilder
    You are a great dude, done so much for the community!

Kbooth1102 likes this.
  9. Kbooth1102

kbooth1102
    Thanks Neil!

10. Technofied

Technofied Assistant Employment Secretary Assistant Employment Secretary Donator

Technofied
    I agree you did but maybe give some credit, because I along with others also pushed for this. After all this certainly wasn't an effort from one individual.

Nevertheless, good luck!

11. Kbooth1102

kbooth1102
    Thanks Tech!

I'm not claiming to have championed the split, I merely said that I was encouraging it and voted for it accordingly.

12. Technofied

Technofied Assistant Employment Secretary Assistant Employment Secretary Donator

Technofied
    Ahh. makes sense, my bad!

13. DerpGaming20_YT

DerpGaming20_YT Assistant Employment Secretary Assistant Employment Secretary Donator

DerpGaming20_YT
    What additions do you plan on adding if elected next term?

14. Kbooth1102

kbooth1102
    Currently there are no major issues that call for parliament’s intervention, thanks to the great work of the August Parliament. I will however respond to any issue that does arise, that is of parliamentary concern. I’ll work with the people to deliver the best solution.

On a side note, I’d like to expand on deregulation and simplifying the law.