Meepmdameep's Election post (September 2020)

• Your username: Meepdameep123

• Your age: 14

• Play time: 10 days

• When you joined the server: 2 months ago

• Why you think you are suited to be a Member of Parliament: I think I am suited to become a member of Parliament because I have been interested in politics. I understand what some people might go through because I have gone through the same thing! I am active on the server. I am usually on for 2-2 hours I have lived under 3 types of different government and lived under 2 types of ideologies. I will not vote for what everyone votes I will vote for the people and what I think is right.

• What kind of laws would you vote for: I would propose bills that will lower the amount of Police in the city. There is very little crime for the amount of PO's in BC. I will also help starting businesses develop. I will make sure everyone will have a job and a place to live in. These laws will be chosen with the people by the people and for the people.

Ty all for reading.

kailabeann

Citizen
Donator
I would propose bills that will lower the amount of Police in the city.There is very little crime for the amount of PO's in BC.
What do you consider "very little crime?" There are only 11 POs for the entire server of hundreds of players. Police are responsible for more than just murders. They uphold fines and jail time for most of our server's laws. Do you not have faith that the DoJ Minister, bharatj, understands the bandwidth needed to cover his department's duties?

I will also help starting businesses develop. I will make sure everyone will have a job and a place to live in.
Can you elaborate more on how you plan to help business development and guarantee jobs and housing to the entire server?

What do you consider "very little crime?" There are only 11 POs for the entire server of hundreds of players. Police are responsible for more than just murders. They uphold fines and jail time for most of our server's laws. Do you not have faith that the DoJ Minister, bharatj, understands the bandwidth needed to cover his department's duties?

Can you elaborate more on how you plan to help business development and guarantee jobs and housing to the entire server?

Sure, Np I would love to explain and elaborate on my topics of discussion. First of all, yes there are hundreds of players who play but how much are actually online? So far I see maybe 30 people on at one-time max. However how much crime do you actually see? Most people who are playing know the rules and those who don't are new people who just joined the server. So if there are 11 PO's we can maybe only use 7 or 8 max. I would help businesses by giving every new company with at least 2 employees,200kr for the first week of the company started. I want to buy back plots from people who buy all of the lands around them basically creating a monopoly. We shall use these buildings to make more apartments for newbies. Ty for reading.

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
Sure, Np I would love to explain and elaborate on my topics of discussion. First of all, yes there are hundreds of players who play but how much are actually online? So far I see maybe 30 people on at one-time max. However how much crime do you actually see? Most people who are playing know the rules and those who don't are new people who just joined the server. So if there are 11 PO's we can maybe only use 7 or 8 max. I would help businesses by giving every new company with at least 2 employees,200kr for the first week of the company started. I want to buy back plots from people who buy all of the lands around them basically creating a monopoly. We shall use these buildings to make more apartments for newbies. Ty for reading.

Interesting viewpoint, however I feel that crimes are committed often when NO PO are on, and could even possibly come to the conclusion that we may need more. Also, Even new players need to follow laws, and are subjected to punishments just like any other citizen.
Also, how many PO's are hired is more of a Minister of Justice thing, not an MP item. Would you speak to BH about this?

On your business note, what if the business owners do not wish to sell their properties? You can't FORCE them. Unfortunately, there are plenty of apartments, and adding more would merely make the current ones get less business, plus, what about the apartments in other cities/towns?

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
I want to buy back plots from people who buy all of the lands around them basically creating a monopoly
This could start a dangerous spiral towards primarily government owned housing, which is a risk that is not necessary to take. All you would be doing is converting private monopoly into government monopoly; a principle of communism. A better way to manage government housing for new players would be with a time scale model, as I talk about here. This way players are eased into the private sector when they are ready.

kailabeann

Citizen
Donator
I agree with ferngrove and she brings up some good points. Parliament cannot dictate to Ministers how many people they can and cannot hire. Plus, you didn't answer my most important question regarding your idea for the DoJ: Do you not have faith that bharatj is capable of understanding the bandwidth of his own department?

In regards to your government housing idea, again, the government cannot forcibly buy back land from private owners. Even if it could, you would upset a lot of players. How do you reconcile this when your laws are supposedly "by the people, for the people?"

Interesting viewpoint, however, I feel that crimes are committed often when NO PO are on, and could even possibly come to the conclusion that we may need more. Also, Even new players need to follow laws, and are subjected to punishments just like any other citizen.
Also, how many PO's are hired is more of a Minister of Justice thing, not an MP item. Would you speak to BH about this?

On your business note, what if the business owners do not wish to sell their properties? You can't FORCE them. Unfortunately, there are plenty of apartments, and adding more would merely make the current ones get less business, plus, what about the apartments in other cities/towns?

I would first like to Thank you for your concerns. First yes sometimes there is no PO's on which is a big problem but we do have forums to report these illegal killings and as MP I shall propose another way to report these illegal crimes other than forums to make sure that all of these crimes will be reported and Justice will be served. I have never said that I will force owners to sell and if they refuse to sell we can always expand the city. Also for your concerns about other towns and cities the new player can always choose. If there are in fact vacant apartments there has to be a way to direct them to one. Thanks for your concerns and have a good night

I agree with ferngrove and she brings up some good points. Parliament cannot dictate to Ministers how many people they can and cannot hire. Plus, you didn't answer my most important question regarding your idea for the DoJ: Do you not have faith that bharatj is capable of understanding the bandwidth of his own department?

In regards to your government housing idea, again, the government cannot forcibly buy back land from private owners. Even if it could, you would upset a lot of players. How do you reconcile this when your laws are supposedly "by the people, for the people?"

Parliament cannot because there is no legislation against it. I have faith in everyone I am simply raising concern for that and again I have never said that I will force people to sell. When stating for the people and by the people, I am voting and proposing what I believe the people would like. If someone is unhappy we can negotiate with them and try to make everyone happy. I would like to thank you for your concern thank you and have a good night.

Windows_Dog

Microsoft Replay
Staff member
Administrator
Department of Internal Development
Lawyer
Donator
Windows_Dog
Windows_Dog
PropertyInspector
I would first like to Thank you for your concerns. First yes sometimes there is no PO's on which is a big problem but we do have forums to report these illegal killings and as MP I shall propose another way to report these illegal crimes other than forums to make sure that all of these crimes will be reported and Justice will be served. I have never said that I will force owners to sell and if they refuse to sell we can always expand the city. Also for your concerns about other towns and cities the new player can always choose. If there are in fact vacant apartments there has to be a way to direct them to one. Thanks for your concerns and have a good night
We already have some sort of reporting for unconsented death which is to tag the "Justice Department" in discord in the "government-support" channel

We already have some sort of reporting for unconsented death which is to tag the "Justice Department" in discord in the "government-support" channel

Yes I understand that but what about those who don’t have discord? When I day for the people it means for everyone not a specific group of people. So yes that is another option people can take but we still need a way for people who don’t have discord or forums. Thanks for you concern and enjoy your night.

kailabeann

Citizen
Donator
Parliament cannot because there is no legislation against it.
Parliament cannot give itself power over the Executive branch of government, so actually, that would be illegal.

So yes that is another option people can take but we still need a way for people who don’t have discord or forums.
Accessibility is always an issue with online communities. But we already have three options which are all free to use: in-game chat, Discord, and the forums. What other media would you propose? Don't you agree adding a fourth option is fragmenting the community further and making the process more confusing for players?

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator

I agree with Window's, and Kaila's questions and responses in this matter. I'd also like to echo Kaila's concerns with fragmenting the community, having MORE ways, while it does create more avenues for ease, is also far more confusing for our main playerbase, as well as for the TG's who will have to explain the several ways as opposed to the few that are currently there now.

Also, it is not the job of an MP to expand a city, and I'm pretty sure that Cap is at it's current limit, not 100%, but how would you suggest the expansion execution if that isn't your main field as an MP?

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
and I'm pretty sure that Cap is at it's current limit, not 100%, but how would you suggest the expansion execution if that isn't your main field as an MP?
The capital really isn't at it's limit. There are unregioned areas of land all over the place that could easily be turned into another part of the city. Wether an MP could do this, I don't know.

Windows_Dog

Microsoft Replay
Staff member
Administrator
Lawyer
Donator
Windows_Dog
Windows_Dog
PropertyInspector
The capital really isn't at it's limit. There are unregioned areas of land all over the place that could easily be turned into another part of the city. Wether an MP could do this, I don't know.
It's up to the cabinet, more prominently, the Minister of Construction on expanding Capitol.

Parliament cannot give itself power over the Executive branch of government, so actually, that would be illegal.

Accessibility is always an issue with online communities. But we already have three options which are all free to use: in-game chat, Discord, and the forums. What other media would you propose? Don't you agree adding a fourth option is fragmenting the community further and making the process more confusing for players?

Yes, it is true that Parliament cannot give itself power over the Executive branch of Government but negotiations are always up on the table. You can say that adding a 4th option will fragment the community and make the process confusing because you are looking at it in a different way. Some people have a lot of ways to connect like me or you but some people don't have that. We need more representation for people who don't have these ways to connect.

Windows_Dog

Microsoft Replay
Staff member
Administrator
Lawyer
Donator
Windows_Dog
Windows_Dog
PropertyInspector
Yes, it is true that Parliament cannot give itself power over the Executive branch of Government but negotiations are always up on the table. You can say that adding a 4th option will fragment the community and make the process confusing because you are looking at it in a different way. Some people have a lot of ways to connect like me or you but some people don't have that. We need more representation for people who don't have these ways to connect.
Other than having; a discord or forums account or contact PO through in-game, what else are you trying to propose?

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
Oh Joy all I'm hearing is defund the police... please just no. Good luck anyways mr. Meep!!