Answered / Added New Department?

Should there be a Department Of Justice?

• Yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
Hi all, Info here! I'm sure most of you are aware of the trial that happened earlier in the night but if you weren't there i feel bad because it was fantastic. Lot was learned after the trial concluded and a lot of things were discussed in the discord chat. I along with other members of the server who I am sure will agree with me think we need a new department specifically for these types of things, court cases and law related issues. I know I made a post on the old forums about this but i think it is even more relevant given what happened tonight on the server. It brought to light issues that weren't previously thought of because they just weren't relevant. A good law system is always evolving and growing to keep up with the people who follow it and to make sure the server is as fair and safe as possible. This can be discussed in greater detail in the replies, discord or on the server. In closing, I call upon Green, Jake and the entire staff to consider something like this to be a great addition to the system we already have.

Last edited:

x_Dylan_x

Citizen
Donator
That trial was complete bull, but I agree with you 100% the laws need to be renewed and a department of justice would be great!

Jake

Honorary Co-Founder
Honorary Co-Founder
What role(s) would the DoJ consist of? How can we be sure these elected DoJ members would be completely unbiased? Please elaborate on your system, I'd love to hear more.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
You can't avoid biased government, that's just part of the government unfortunately. Not everything runs perfectly. I think this would be a great addition to the server though =)

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
What role(s) would the DoJ consist of? How can we be sure these elected DoJ members would be completely unbiased? Please elaborate on your system, I'd love to hear more.

State paid prosecuting attorneys and defense lawyers can be paid privately or by the state and would be used to handle the cases. Bodyguard can possibly be bailiffs and the minister or staff will be a judge? Judges would be hard to be unbiased but i think we can do it if we have a small amount of judges that know the law and know whats right. Plus i don't think we would need that many judges given the rarity of cases. the minister could take care of reading the law and finding ways to cover up loop holes.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
Thank you for your suggestion and the feedback.
Whether this department will be made or not, it is uncertain as of right now.
But be aware that we have acknowledged the suggestion and the support it received.

Status
Not open for further replies.