Answered / Added New Idea! Wiki for Server!

Would you like to see this feature?

• Yes and I would help with the pages

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Yes but I wouldn't help with the pages

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I'm neutral

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, I don't think this is necessary.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Hello Businesscraft!

I used to be on another rp server (no names given), and I think what they had would be great to add onto Businesscraft. A wiki!

The wiki can be used as a source of information, alike wikipedia, where players can create their own pages of: businesses, player towns, the government, departments of the government, hosted events, upcoming events, calendar, history of Businesscraft and more... The wiki will mainly be used for server's policy, corporations, towns, transit, or just another way for users to communicate with each other while offline.

Instead of overwhelming the forum, the wiki can bring many benefits, such as being more organized than a forum. A forum brings applications, offtopic sections, announcements and more, but a wiki brings information about everything that can be found on the server.

A sort of citizenship test or member test should be designed to allow users to access and edit the wiki. A code should be required in order to create account, which users will know by asking a staff member for example.

I hope this brings many benefits to the server, as I can already see them coming!

Ksports1

Entrepreneur
Donator
I really like this idea, but there is a possible flaw to it. If this is in fact incorporated, and for the most part I think it should be, then we need a way for it to be easily accessed for the new members. Of course it might be an easy way for members to look back and get a refresher if you know where to go, but as a new member it can be hard to find exactly where this Wiki might be located. As long as we find a way for it to be easily accessed by new members, and even current or older members, I am all for it!​

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
We can add the link to the server underneath /links in-game. It can also be added on the forums as an announcement, or as a tab-link alike the Map tab on the top of the page.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
We can add the link to the wiki underneath /links in-game. It can also be added on the forums as an announcement, or as a tab-link alike the Map tab on the top of the page.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I actually wanted to make one as soon as the server opened. But then I decided that too much effort would go into something majority of people won't need.
I've added a poll, that will help us decide whether the community wants this or not. While the community isn't directly voting whether it will be implemented or not, as that decision lies with Jake and I, it will influence the decision greatly.