Petition for removal of the bill 'Wilderness Region Changes'

Hello_Miner

Citizen
Banned
Username: Hello_Miner

Title of bill: Wilderness Region Changes

Why you are against/in favor of the bill:
First of all, I would like to make it clear that I am strongly against this bill, and I have been motivated to make this bill based on the large negative reaction from the general public about this bill. To begin, the Prime Minister who decided to vote in favour of this bill have failed ( to my knowledge ) to explain any logic behind the bill, he has simply just announced it and have not replied to any of the feedback on the post: https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/wilderness-region-changes.6738/.

Secondly, I would like to put forward my arguments for this bill to be removed. The fact that the bill has been passed in order to encourage players to return to the cities and towns is nonsense in my opinion. Players should be free to have however many regions in the wild they wish, without restrictions, and this bill will do nothing to encourage players to move into the cities, it will only cause some inconvenience for them. Due to the 2000 block rule, players will simply create huge eyesore farming towers / bases etc up or down on their property, so that rule is not accomplishing anything.

Another small reason, is that I believe this server is about creativity without limits, and you should be able to do whatever you want to do, for example build a rainbow road from Wild 2 to wild 3. Guess what, most of it will be griefed since the government are restricting how much you can region.

However, the biggest reason for my opposition to this bill is the fact that the government want to encourage players to build their bases in the cities rather than the wild. Well, my question to the government is where exactly do you want us to build these? At the time of writing there are TWO plots for sale in the whole of the main city, so the fact you want us to move there without there actually being space in the city to build is ridiculous. ( These plots are also 7000K and 5000K each at the worst location in the city!! ). The government also seem to want huge farm plots appearing in the city since we cannot region them in the wild?? The government seem to be making these bills with very little consideration behind them and in my opinion seem to be making bills for the sake of making bills.

What you wish to accomplish with this:

The complete abolishment of this bill.

Thanks for taking the time to read my argument and please leave any feedback you have below.

( Please write I [ Name ] agree with this petition ) below if you agree with my argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
!, A1phaSniper, Sign this petition. Being a business owner that specializes in the construction of structures in the WILD, I am not a fan of the wilderness region changes. A business that's been supporting my endeavors in the cities and towns has been closed, thanks to this.

Last edited:

Hello_Miner

Citizen
Banned
Hi,

I pushed for stricter changes to wild regions, however I was glad that Doc and cabinet were able to come up with a fair compromise. K6000 blocks in the wild is K42,000. So this bill doesn't affect new players, it still allows them to go and claim in the wild. What it does do though, is stop people building huge, horizontally expansive structures out in the wild, limiting the use of the land.

The aim is to push people back into cities and towns. If there isn't a plot in Capitol, then there will be heaps in surrounding cities and towns. Just ask a mayor and i'm sure they will happily accommodate you.

Have you looked on the BC Bid server? There are regularly have plots for sale. I see you own BC 136 too, so you managed to get a plot?

This is a City RP, not a Wild RP.

You'll also find that there was quite a lot of support for getting rid of wild regions too. Check out my poll under suggestions.

Hi Endeavour thanks for replying.

Just to respond to your points,
1. "What it does do though, is stop people building huge, horizontally expansive structures out in the wild, limiting the use of the land."

This is irrelevant, I think we would all rather horizontal farms than huge eyesore vertical structures, and considering the huge size of the map I don't think space is an issue.

2. "The aim is to push people back into cities and towns. If there isn't a plot in Capitol, then there will be heaps in surrounding cities and towns. Just ask a mayor and i'm sure they will happily accommodate you."

It doesn't work like that, this bill will not have any effect on people moving to the towns and cities as people build farms and bases in the wild which will be eyesored by PI's, hence irrelevant.

3. "Have you looked on the BC Bid server? There are regularly have plots for sale. I see you own BC 136 too, so you managed to get a plot?"

That plot was bought privately, with no help from the government, since it is the PM passing this bill then he can only refer to plots being sold by the government. At the time of writing the original post there were two in the whole of the city, again excluding privately owned plots as they do not count.

Hope this answers your questions :)

Hello_Miner

Citizen
Banned
1. This is irrelevant, I think we would all rather horizontal farms than huge eyesore vertical structures, and considering the huge size of the map I don't think space is an issue.

People are going to build up regardless. I'd rather a narrow one.

2. It doesn't work like that, this bill will not have any effect on people moving to the towns and cities as people build farms and bases in the wild which will be eyesored by PI's, hence irrelevant.

The whole idea is that it will stop everyone from farming and thus desaturate the crops market. IT will mean that people who do want to create farms will have to do it under their buildings.

3. That plot was bought privately, with no help from the government, since it is the PM passing this bill then he can only refer to plots being sold by the government. At the time of writing the original post there were two in the whole of the city, again excluding privately owned plots as they do not count.

Umm no, the government manages the economy. The economy encompasses all builds being bought and sold. There are more than 2 plots for sale in capitol.

Hi Endeavour thanks for your reply,

This is getting messy so I'm going to put what I write in bold font.

1. This is irrelevant, I think we would all rather horizontal farms than huge eyesore vertical structures, and considering the huge size of the map I don't think space is an issue.

People are going to build up regardless. I'd rather a narrow one.

That's not the point at all, you originally said you don't want people building horizontally and taking up space, but now you seem to be backtracking and making a different point? Obviously I know a minority of people build up, but my original point which you ignored was that people would rather horizontal farms rather than vertical ones ( which this bill will vastly increase ).

2. It doesn't work like that, this bill will not have any effect on people moving to the towns and cities as people build farms and bases in the wild which will be eyesored by PI's, hence irrelevant.

The whole idea is that it will stop everyone from farming and thus desaturate the crops market. IT will mean that people who do want to create farms will have to do it under their buildings.

Firstly, that's not the point of the bill that was mentioned at the start, so now you're changing the reasoning behind the entire bill, which doesn't help your case. Secondly, this won't encourage people at all to build their farms in the city at all, as building large towers in the wild is far easier than having to dig out a farm in the city ( and is also much smaller )

3. That plot was bought privately, with no help from the government, since it is the PM passing this bill then he can only refer to plots being sold by the government. At the time of writing the original post there were two in the whole of the city, again excluding privately owned plots as they do not count.

Umm no, the government manages the economy. The economy encompasses all builds being bought and sold. There are more than 2 plots for sale in capitol.[/QUOTE]

The prime minister has made this bill, so it is up to him to provide plots for the players to move into, he cannot rely on privately owned plots as he has no control over those and none may be available at the time.

Many thanks,

Hello_Miner

GarMen

Veteran Player
Donator
The reason people and humans move to areas is beacuse of a specific resources or services. Like cheap land or availability to outher players. In my opinion there needs to be a reason for players to go to specific location instead of focresing them there, by not giving any other options. It's not about being realistic it's about simple economics.