Edans21
EconomySecretary
Public Referendum Bill

A
Bill
To

The Parliament of Stratham enacts:

Section 1. Short Title

(1) This bill is the Public Referendum Bill.

Section 2. Commencement

(1) All Provisions shall come into effect upon passage.

Section 3. Reasoning

To uphold the Integrity of the Republic of Stratham, and allow the public to make their voices heard, I am Implementing the Public Referendum VoNC system.

Section 4. Amendments

(1) A Public Referendum against a Government Official shall be enacted at any time by at least 5 Stratham Citizens who meets the Voter Eligibility Requirements.
(A)A Government Official includes the following: Ministers, Judges, Members of Parliament, The Prime Minister, and the Deputy Prime Minister.
(B)Public Referendums can be created In the political Discussions forums page found here: https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/petitions-referendums-information.3541/

(i)The format for a Public Referendum VoNC is

Topic title: Removal of <Officials's name> from <Position>
Format:

Username:
Official to be removed:
Officials Position:
Reasoning:
Additional Information:

(2)For Public Referendums against The Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister, and Members of Parliament to pass, The following criteria must be met for Removal from Office:
(A)(The amount of votes the Official received in the Election in which they were elected for that position)+1Vote
(i)75% of these votes must be in favor of their removal
(ii)The voting Period is 3 Days
(iii)The Deputy Prime Minister will use the same vote count as the Prime Minister
(iv)Members of Parliament who were put in as a replacement will have their vote count matched with that of the lowest Member of Parliament Elected into office at the beginning of that term.

(3)For Public Referendums against Ministers and Judges, The following criteria must be met for Removal from Office:
(A)30 Total votes
(i)75% of these votes must be in favor of their removal
(ii)The voting period is 3 Days

(4)Once a Member of Government is voted out of office via Public Referendum, the Branch which the Official was previously in will carry out standard replacement procedures to fill the position.

Authored by lennonrissi and DerpGaming20_YT on behalf of the Government.

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Lawyer
This bill has received Prime Ministerial approval.