Resignation from Stratham Government

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by kailabeann, Oct 18, 2021.

MegaMinerM, PGabor, Decidous and 3 others like this.
  1. kailabeann

kailabeann Citizen Donator

kailabeann
    After days of careful consideration and many long talks with Prime Minister SlimeEmperor, I've made the difficult decision to resign from the Stratham government both as Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy.

The political climate has dramatically changed over the last several months and it's become untenable for me. I find myself frustrated and stressed daily about one thing or another related to the government. It's taking a serious toll on my mental health at a time when I can least handle it properly. I need to step away and recompose myself. My hope is taking some time off from politics will rekindle my love for this aspect of the server.

I'm particularly crushed about leaving the Department of Economy, but it's the department that's causing me the most pain. Last term I was delighted to be the Minister for the first time. I was filled with ideas and hit the ground running. We got the Federal Bank implemented with the help of DoCR (now DoS), added the Miner job and drills, and rolled out Supplemental Income for all trade jobs. Then, everything came to a grinding halt in August. Department members quit the server or went inactive and since then the department has not recovered. It's impossible to keep a department moving forward and on track when no one is willing or available to do the work. I simply can't do it alone, but nor should I feel like I have to.

I appealed to the rest of Cabinet for help and it didn't seem like anyone cared the department is in crisis. No one offered any suggestions or solutions. No one seemed concerned projects aren't getting done. The conversation simply changed to a different topic and has not been brought up since.

I know the type of person I am and how I like to play here. I enjoy taking the government and the economy seriously. I like making things professional and efficient. Anyone who's ever worked with me knows I have always operated this way. When I first joined the government a year ago it felt like everyone was really engaged and passionate about business and economics, same as me. It felt like everyone took it seriously and generally all had the same vision for the server. It doesn't feel like that anymore.

I really don't know how it came to this point but something has definitely changed. I don't fit into this new political culture of BusinessCraft. I've really been trying to power through but I find myself at odds with others more than I should be, more defensive than I should be, and more hostile than I should be. Being difficult is not the legacy I want to leave here. It's not how I want to be remembered. It's time for me to stop trying to find something that isn't there anymore and refocus on the parts of this server I do still enjoy: my businesses.

To anyone who's been frustrated with me lately, please know anything I've said or done is not personal. My focus has always been on what's logical and efficient and good for the long term. I understand not everyone thinks the same way and plays on our server for different reasons.

To SlimeEmperor, my running mate, I am deeply sorry to let you down like this. I'm sorry to let the voters down like this. I had every intention of sticking it out until the end of the term. Unfortunately, staying in these positions is a sacrifice for my own well-being I can't continue to make.

I'm disappointed to close this chapter this way, but I'm looking forward to what the next one brings. It will be the first time since June of 2020 I won't hold any government positions as a private citizen. I'll be refocusing my attention on Apex Butchery, Hermes Ventures, and other business pursuits.

Thank you for reading and, hopefully, understanding.

Best wishes,
    Kaila

2. kailabeann and LobsterRoast like this.
  3. SlimeEmperor

SlimeEmperor Economy Secretary Economy Secretary Mayor Donator

SlimeEmperor
    It's surreal, to say the least, that you're resigning. While I'm very sad to see you go, I'm happy for you in that I know this is the right thing for you to do for your own mental health and wellbeing. From the days when I was an investor in Oakland to my days in Apex to our days running the government, we've made a dream team and accomplished huge things wherever we've gone. This wouldn't have been possible without your dedication and incredible work ethic, and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart, Kaila.

4. kailabeann likes this.
  5. LobsterRoast

LobsterRoast certified chainsaw enthusiast Donator

LobsterRoast
  6. kailabeann likes this.
  7. __Cookiez

__Cookiez Administrator Staff Member Administrator Minister of Agriculture Sr Environment Manager Environment Manager Hospital Secretary Donator

__Cookiez
    Kaila, we didnt really work together for too long but i always admired you from afar. I always felt not only comfortable knowing you love the server and government, but comfortable knowing that youre always just around the corner. Until our next adventure kaila <3

8. kailabeann likes this.
  9. xAntho_ny

xAntho_ny Helper Staff Member Helper Member of Parliament Police Officer Property Inspector Donator

xAntho_ny
    no

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021 at 6:01 PM
  10. SlimeEmperor likes this.
  11. kailabeann

kailabeann Citizen Donator

kailabeann
    We really are the dream team. You are the best Prime Minister the server has ever had and I will always support you and your vision for the people. Maybe one day I'll be back... after all, some dreams are recurring.