Answered / Added Solution to “Advertisement”

Add a special mentionable server name list?

• Yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
I have a suggestion regarding Advertisement.

Under the law it basically says to not advertise under any circumstance, but I believe there should be a small change to that, hence my suggestion.

Saying an IP in chat is unacceptable I agree. But saying a server name and receiving a ban for it is a little over the top. For this reason, there should be a mentionable list with server names we are allowed to say (e.g. the ones we use the most frequently).
All other server names are not to be said in chat except that special list. It’s nice sometimes to take a break off another server and have a couple friends come.

On the other hand, the concerning one, I know you don’t want to lose players. But playing is much less enjoyable if we can’t talk about stuff relating to other servers. It’s not a competition... we all love businesscraft. Proof; we are all still here as a whole and the community continues to grow. I believe it would be the same even if this suggestion was added.

If the suggestion is rejected, so be it.

There’s a big window for argument here and I don’t want to start a war so please remember this is a SUGGESTION, I am not trying to advertise any other server by making this thread.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
I honestly do no agree with this. You do not come to businesscraft to hear about other servers. If the people of businesscraft are known fr advertising other servers then the roleplaying experience would die. All in all, businesscraft should not be known as a large advertisement server.

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer
honestly, i dont get why advertising is a thing on any server XD If your an owner, your players wont ONLY Play your server, Heck, even you would probably play more then one! and if one person advertises a server, ts not like the person, they're talking to wont come back after they play that server.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
Parliament already made a law that already works similarly to what you're suggesting; If a player is clearly advertising a server, they will be banned, but if they're only mentioning the server name, they will receive warnings (and then greater punishments if they continue). As for a list of acceptable names, I don't agree with that. But you're more than welcome to talk with an MP/Staff and persuade them to suggest the motion to Parliament.

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
“Nobody will disagree with the Prime Minister”

Vroomba, people have opinions. Just because Koalition is the owner doesn't mean that his word is law(it kinda is). What I'm trying to say is that there is a reason why we have Parliament. If you want to discuss this more, I am open to talk. :P

No one ever said that as it’s simply not true. Many people did indeed disagree with me, too.

I disagree with Koalition a lot :3

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
No I’m done with this thread. There’s one other person who unanimously agreed, so unless they come forth and talk to me, I’ll bring it to parliament otherwise it’s a complete waste of my time.