Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
-Title: Starting Salary

-Type of Motion: Creation

- Elaboration & Reasoning: I have been playing for a while now and have realized that over half of the new players that come onto the server, leave because they cannot pass the exams. We tell them to look at job guides but most of the time, that doesn't seem to help either. Most likely because they have not played on the server for very long.I propose that we give new players a "starting salary." A starting salary could be something so that players get a certain amount of money every 15 minutes, kind of like a government job as soon as they join the server (this is obviously only for new players), that is temporary, maybe 2 weeks or so. The starting amount could be decreased to possibly 200. In that time, the player can learn about the server and have a higher chance of passing the exam.

- Additional Information: I am open to suggestions. :) Thanks!

Last edited:

Nature_Girl

Trial Moderator
I agree with the beginning part of your motion, as almost every new player leaves because they cannot pass a/some exams. When new players join, they already have a starting amount of money, k400. Allowing them to get some krunas per minute could lose the need for non-government paid/no jobs in total for their beginning journey. They should spend their money wisely in the beginning instead of laying around (most likely) getting paid while doing nothing, and that's not what we need. It could spread laziness, and not many newcomers would want to get jobs and such, and when the time for the free money stops, they mind as well would just leave.

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
I kind of went off of my experience as a new player since you don't really have anything and you run out of food really quickly. Personally, most of my money was spent on food and exams, and I could barely afford both. It is also very difficult to get a job to make money if you did not pass any of the exams. I just feel that a temporary starting salary would help pay for things like medical situations, food, and exam fees, while the player learns more about the server and can pass the exam.

Luxaholic

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Sounds like welfare, doesnt seem like a valuable investment of government money. It'd be almost tantamount to increasing the starting balance. If you'd like to do something like this I would probably just lower the starting balance to something like 200 and then allow government pay for 1 week at k40/hour

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
Possibly. A salary is better than a starting amount because a salary would allow them to spend on exams and needs. A 400 starting amount however, is a bit of money that will be spent quickly without a source of income.

Luxaholic

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I like the idea of income rather than a starting balance because it rewards them for playing longer, but I don't think they should rely on it

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
That's why it is temporary, and it should be known that it is temporary so they can't take advantage of it.

sparkleA

Citizen
Name: sparkleA
Reason you missed the vote: I clicked on the link and then was unable to decide on my vote at the time. I then forgot about it
Your vote: aye

Luxaholic

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Name: Its right there I don't see a reason for this but, Luxaholic
Reason you missed the vote: Forgot/ thought new ideas would be implemented into the motion
your vote: Nay

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Vroomba
Marching band all week; didn’t have time to check forums until now (weekend)
Nay

honeyandstars

Has revealed herself as mayor
Donator
noodlekitten
I had full intention of voting, then got side tracked by something, and closed tab thinking I had voted
Aye