stock market idea

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by supersuperking, Oct 2, 2019.

1. supersuperking

supersuperking Citizen

supersuperking
    IBC stock exchange

I understand not everyone is knowledgeable in stocks or trades stocks, thus to clarify, a stock (also known as "shares" or "equity") is a type of security that signifies proportionate ownership in the issuing corporation. This entitles the stockholder to that proportion of the corporation's assets and earnings.

There are some problems with this idea that need to be addressed: “Two main problems, credibility and how are you gonna ask companies to go public?” (Irealistic#economy-discussion) The first problem brought up was credibility, and the way that the IBC stock exchange would address this would be making all the numbers public and requiring listed companies to share income and costs so that everything is completely transparent and there is no possibility for fraud. The second problem brought up was how are we going to get companies to go public? The answer is that there are large advantages to going public as the large amount of capital that can be raised in just one day, as well as the IBC stock exchange would have a stop trading rule put in place so if a stock were to drop 10% in one day all trading of the stock would be stopped to limit losses.

An anticipated question that may arise is: How would a person be able to make money off the stock market ? The answer to that is that if you were to buy a stock at low price and then it rises by 25%, you have just made a a significant amount of money on your initial investment by doing essentially doing nothing but holding the stock. The “work” required to earn money on your investments is simply putting in a buy and sell order and then you would now be making your money work for you not working for your money!

Now that I have covered all the background needed I will start with how your company can go public step by step:

1: Contact a member of the IBC stock exchange and tell them that you want to go public.

2: Determine the starting value of your shares with a representative of the IBC stock exchange.

3: Go public and start raising money.

All public companies will be required to share an earnings report each month or suffer from being delisted.

I shall now cover how you can invest in public companies:

1: Contact a member of the IBC stock exchange and tell them that you want to buy/sell shares.

2: The IBC member will place your order and tell you when it has been completed

3: Profit from your purchased stocks.

please tell me what you think :)

2. iRealistic

iRealistic Hospital Secretary Business Secretary Hospital Secretary

iRealistic
    The thing I got a question about is that when will you update stock prices? Is it daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly? Cause if you do it once a day or once a few days, it seems very hard to keep track of, and weekly+ updates or changes seems too long. And also how would u determine stock prices when they apply for an IPO, and how would the prices adjust if any good news/bad news hits that company?

3. supersuperking

supersuperking Citizen

supersuperking
    1: I think that updates would come daily
    2: The IPO price would be determined using the real life math that they use for a IPO
    3: the good/bad news thing is all on the share holders so it would be In there hands to trade off of the news

4. LethalFantocinni

LethalFantocinni Citizen Donator

LethalFantocinni
    There has been an attempt to start a stock market before, and it crashed at high speeds.

In order to start this stock market, you need several massive companies to join it with you. Most times stock markets are dependable the range of Minecraft resources constantly changing, and the economy always shifting. Think of it as real life of 600% speed. I don't know how manageable a stock market at this speed would be, but I be glad to see.

5. Technofied

Technofied Assistant Employment Secretary Assistant Employment Secretary Donator

Technofied
    The 1 Stockmarket that happened didn't even start properly, so this might have potential, but like you said, I'd be glad to see

6. supersuperking

supersuperking Citizen

supersuperking
    yeah I understand speed concerns I might be able to get more companies if i offered more incentive to join
    eg: if your company joins it gets a automatic 10k investment

7. L33Twithin

L33Twithin Citizen

L33Twithin
    my stock market failed so hard lol.