Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kat

flower girl
Donator
- Title: The Absentee Ballot

- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation): Creation/addition

- Elaboration & Reasoning: The “Punishment for not voting in Parliament” bill, skips a vital step that I feel needs to be added before punishments are given out. Basically for those who wish to know what an ‘Absentee Ballot’ is, it’s a vote given to a person who was unable to vote during the actual process. While with the current bill you are able to notify the owners and/or parliament members ahead of time about why you won’t be able to vote, I think the person should still get some sort of chance to vote/make-up for not voting and be given the chance to explain their reasoning if they didn’t before. Like the warning appeals, Members of Parliament should have a chance to redeem themselves and protect their record. I think we should have an additional three days (suggestions for time appreciated. Sparks suggested 3 for the purpose of the entire process being 10 days even) after the motion has been closed and determined, where the members who didn’t vote, receive a notice explaining that they have an absentee ballot option or they can just receive the proper punishment. This is extremely helpful considering the fact that if the motion didn’t pass purely because a member did not vote within the time constraint then the motion is just tossed aside, when a simple missed vote could be added. The creator of the motion won’t have to propose it again.

- Other Information: My thought is that they can post on said motion that they did not vote on, in this format:

Name:

Reason you missed the vote:

Your vote:

Absentee ballots should not have a limit but should still only be considered as a last resort and that’s why the “Reason you missed the vote” can be determined by the other members if it is a valid reason.

~ 1. I really think this is essential to getting things done right instead of quick. 2. Because of “1.” I really would love suggestions to improve this. And 3. This is my first motion, don’t go easy on me (I didn’t think any of you are going to anyway) I really need any flaws to be pointed out so I can fix it. I want this to happen. ~

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
When there is a motion that has become a bill, there is a notification posted on Discord, I think there should be a second notification on the last day as well, so those who forget about it will still be able to vote. (Not sure if this is something that can be added with this, I just felt like adding it.)

Last edited:

Kat

flower girl
Donator
When there is a motion that has become a bill, there is a notification posted on Discord, I think there should be a second notification on the last day as well, so those who forget about it will still be able to vote. (Not sure if this is something that can be added with this, I just felt like adding it.)
I think this is something we can just get someone to do because I wouldn't mind a reminder on the last day. But yes idk if this an addition to this motion as much as it is a suggestion to increase the likelihood that people will vote on time. (that I could totally get behind) Thanks Parker!

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
I think this is something we can just get someone to do because I wouldn't mind a reminder on the last day. But yes idk if this an addition to this motion as much as it is a suggestion to increase the likelihood that people will vote on time. (that I could totally get behind) Thanks Parker!
:)

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
Why would anyone not vote though? Unless your on a resort with no internet for over a week, everyone should be able to vote. Personally, I believe there is no reason for this to be accepted.

Kat

flower girl
Donator
Why would anyone not vote though? Unless your on a resort with no internet for over a week, everyone should be able to vote. Personally, I believe there is no reason for this to be accepted.
Right, that is one reason to not vote, but that is just one. How would you feel if your motion was not passed purely because someone did not vote? I know many have had this problem, I also know that in the recent wave of motions, many were not able to get their vote in, for whatever reason. I think people should have a second chance. I'm quite aware that I am one of these people, I receive the notifications at school and am unable to do anything and unfortunately forget, sure this is biased but I have talked to numerous members who see the problem too. Although I really see this as a way to get things done more effectively, I respect your vote. I also wouldn't mind some more questions and feedback.

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
There are a lot of things that could cause them not to vote, such as forgetting about the bill or not having time to, so if you forgot about the bill entirely and couldn't vote and your vote could've made it pass, why should the bill have to be re-posted? Why not just take the person's vote after since they couldn't before? This is why this could help, as they can give their vote after.

Reactions: Kat

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
But giving a vote after is one, unfair, and two, unrealistic. That's like have a presidential election in the US and giving the people a second chance to vote the next day after the results. If an unwanted president is elected, more people would vote against that person. This is not how elections would go.

Fadez_Senpai

Citizen
But giving a vote after is one, unfair, and two, unrealistic. That's like have a presidential election in the US and giving the people a second chance to vote the next day after the results. If an unwanted president is elected, more people would vote against that person. This is not how elections would go.
Remember an absentee ballot is only done for parliament members don't use public votes where you have weeks to vote as examples....
i vote ayee\

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
This isn't real life though, and it isn't unfair, if anything its more fair to the person with the bill and the person voting.

Kat

flower girl
Donator
This is actually a process used in the US and it's where I got this idea from. And I don't think "unfair" is the correct term to use. Who would it be unfair to?