Answered / Added The "Good luck" solution

Choice of what to say

• Total voters

iSharkk

An Apple Product
Donator
This is 100% a forums suggestion, so it requires no plugins and minimal work. Whenever someone applies for something, the community being kind and supportive, always or mostly says something along the lines of "Good luck!" or "You should get accepted!". While this is awesome, it also means you need to scroll down a lot. In a recent application, Flappy said "Everyone else, I don't believe Shadow needs Good Luck from 10 people. Let's try to reduce the amount of unnecessary posts so I don't have to scroll down so much. Thanks!" I agree that it gets annoying when you have to constantly scroll down or have to receive a notification when someone says "Good luck!". My solution to his is simple yet effective, and I could see it work

I suggest that for all who apply and want to be wished good luck, they be allowed to add a poll. The poll's choices would be "Good Luck!", a "You got this!", and an "Other". The choice of seeing others votes or not and changing your vote is optional. The poll is not to include more than the 3 choices I mentioned. The 3 choices may be worded differently, but they must retain the same basic message. E.g - You could change "Other" to "Another message" or "You got this!" to "I'm feeling like your a new mod!" An example of what the poll could be is featured above.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
A poll on applications is not necessary. As you said, it's very nice for an applicant to receive that support and people may choose to write it in different ways with additional helpful comments. I disagree with you that it would be in the way of important replies to the application because:
  1. Applicants and those who reply to the thread get notification when someone who can accept/deny the application replies
  2. Once the person replies and accepts/denies the application, the thread's prefix will be changed to Accepted or Denied