Answered / Added The Privatization of Impound Lots

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
- Username: A1phaSniper
- Suggestion Title: The Privatization of Impound Lots
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): Currently, the DoJ is in charge of towing vehicles and disposing of them in a rather plain looking impound lot at the DoJ building. In real life, the job of towing illegally parked cars is, most of the time, not the job of the police department. I am suggesting that the impound business be privatized. Of course, creating a towing business won't be accessible to the entire player base. I suggest the player must make an application for a license (under "DoJ Applications") in order to be considered (The licenses for towing would be very limited to ensure balance, and that the players who are chosen will follow the laws). If the player is accepted, they will be given access to pick up other player's cars. They would also have to build their own impound lot and manage any other fees relating to it. To ensure the players who have their cars towed will be fairly priced, the prices will be set within a margin by the DoJ (also enforced by the law), and the towing companies must fall within those margins. When the player legally tows a car, they can bring it to their impound lot. After two months, they have the right to obtain ownership of the unclaimed car (the player would have to make sure the owner knows about the condition of their car by messaging or mailing them multiple times). After two months, the player can either auction the car or sell it to another citizen or dealership (I suggest the legal amount of time would be two months, but the player can have it in their lot longer if they wish). Here are some more suggestions:
-The player will be given a special in-game role so other players know who to contact if they can't find their car
-Being given this role is a privilege not a right, so if the owner is found to be doing anything illegal, the punishments will be harsh.
- Additional Information: Please read it all before replying. I worked hard on this.

xEndeavour

Citizen
Banned
I feel like this would take away from the limited role of the police officer.

It has potential to also be abused if not heavily monitored.

Kairuchii

Moderator x Constructor
Donator
i think you misinterpreted the towing services to the real impound.
Here, the Ministry of transportation is the one who impounds the car which is the government cuz yeah who does do the licensing? (gov) but on the other hand, there are towing businesses held by private organization which is just for "Towing"

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
i think you misinterpreted the towing services to the real impound.
Here, the Ministry of transportation is the one who impounds the car which is the government cuz yeah who does do the licensing? (gov) but on the other hand, there are towing businesses held by private organization which is just for "Towing"
We don't have a ministry of transportation, and private impounds that manage their own towing are a real thing. Maybe not in the country you live in, but they have them elsewhere.