• Total voters

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Hey guys,

Quite some time ago, I proposed an idea to launch a wiki. The poll on there, had a majority for yes, but the idea still hasn't been added.

First off, let me get some things clear with the wiki, some explanations AND basic necessities that I believe should be implemented. This version is farm more explained and improved;
- Any player from the server should be able to access the wiki as long as their account has been approved by administrators (to keep out banned players, strangers etc).
- This wiki works like wikipedia. You can create a page about anything, about your company etc. Even about yourself!
- This wiki can have a custom domain name, just like the forums HOWEVER; it costs money to support and could be funded by donations. It's a very cheap, high-quality wiki.
- Everything and anything can go on this wiki. It's basically like Wikipedia for our server. It should explain everything, from companies, to annual events, to the government. Players are allowed to write a page about whatever they want, as long as it's server related. This would help eliminate having too many categories on the forums. For example, players who own a city could post a page solely about their city and not have to worry about doing so on the forums.
- This wiki is not to be confused with the forums; the forums is a great place to post applications, employment posts ect. The wiki is for everything else. Although, everything could be moved from the forums to here; it's a very powerful system.
- This wiki could offer players another perspective to BusinessCraft.
- This wiki is extremely customizable, and I really recommend it.

I don't intend this to be a thing where players volunteer to edit the wiki. I suggest this to be a resource that everyone can use. Not just a group of people; everyone.

The wiki would be maintained by not only the players themselves, but also staff. This would add an additional duty to moderators as the DoJ is helping them out in certain cases. All edits, I believe to any page at any given time are logged.

Punishable Offense: A punishable offense would come to whoever edits someone else's page by saying something inappropriate, racist, sexist, or goofy. If it's to fix a letter, grammar, or spelling and punctuation, then it's fine.

If this idea would be added, I suggest the wiki to be powered by MediaWiki. It includes everything I have said above.

A final decision has yet to be made. As the server expands, so does history, and knowledge. We need somewhere to store it. This is where. A wiki.
You can find the original thread here.

And finally, a new poll!

- Thanks for reading,
Vroomba

Last edited:

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I sort of gave up on this because I didn't think it'd be used so much as all information can be found on appropriate forum threads. The enthusiasm for the wiki, according to the poll, isn't that big either. We might have an in-game poll to see if this should be a server feature in the future but right now we're focusing on other issues.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
This poll wasn't as big, but the old poll has 7+ votes for yes I think even maybe eight.

But times have changed... I don't know if people are still the same. An in-game poll would be a wonderful idea!