Lawsuit: Dismissed Tomahawk_MC vs. Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomahawk_MC

Citizen
To Whichever Honorable Judge It May Concern,
I am Tomahawk_MC, acting today as a private citizen seeking reparations amounting 6,000kr as a result of mistakes made by Government employees. I will first state the facts of the case per my actions and point of view, then provide any contextual info I can.

On approximately November 20th, I found the plot bc-070 listed for sale on /as info. I quickly purchased it with /as buy for 4,000kr. On November 22nd, I sold it to IncompleteRiver for the amount of 10,000kr. Today, December 7th, I was DM'd by Moderator LobsterRoast, informing me that due to an error by a Property Inspector (I don't know who), the plot was to be reclaimed by a previous owner, and the Government had refunded IncompleteRiver the 10,000kr they had paid for it. Moderator LobsterRoast then informed me that I must repay the Government for that refund, and removed 10,000kr from my balance. After I objected, they refunded 4,000kr in my balance, as the initial cost of the plot.

I do not believe Moderator LobsterRoast acted maliciously. They stated that they "were just trying to make things like they were before this happened".

I argue today that I should not be held liable for the mistakes of Government employees. The Government damaged the original victim, the original plot owner, by evicting them from bc-070. The Government corrected that error, by returning the plot. The government gave fair compensation to the current owner of the plot, IncompleteRiver. If it were to stop here, it would seem as if the Government had properly corrected its mistake. I fail to see why the Government has the right to recoup its costs from me, because of its own error. Therefore, I seek 6,000kr in reparations, as the net amount deducted from my balance during this exchange. Thank you for your time.

Matthew100x

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
Matthew100x
Matthew100x
Lawyer
In the case of Neilbuilder vs. Government, it was established that the government making mistakes in procedure does not invalidate its case against somebody. In that case, the government made mistakes in the procedure of firing a government employee. That employee sued for wrongful dismissal and lost the case.

In this case, however, I do not see any error in the government's handling of the situation. Yes the property inspector made a mistake but you, IncompleteRiver, and the original owner were fairly compensated. Incomplete got back the money that he gave to you and you got the money back from buying the plot. The 6,000 kr that you are asking for was given back to IncompleteRiver.

The property foreclosure and all futures property sales were nullified, therefore all recipients had their property returned. The original owner got back BC-070. You got back the 4,000 kr you spent on buying BC-070. IncompleteRiver got the 10,000 kr that he spent on BC-070 back.

The government did indeed make a mistake and it rectified that mistake in a way that this court finds acceptable. Even if that mistake had been severe, it would be unlikely that the Court would see differently unless the government failed to act in the face of injustice. Losing 6,000 kr on a sale that was not supposed to happen is not the sort of injustice we're going to remedy.

Case is dismissed as frivolous, I am giving you a verbal warning to not submit cases that are frivolous in nature.

Court Dismissed

This case was presided by Judge Matthew100x

Status
Not open for further replies.