Town of Troutman: March 2021 Councilor Elections

Discussion in 'Troutman' started by Vroomba, Mar 16, 2021.

Sprite likes this.
  1. Vroomba

Vroomba Constructor Constructor Mayor Donator

Vroomba
    Town of Troutman: March 2021 Councilor Elections
    5 Councilor Positions
    Why become a Troutman Councilor for the March 2021 Term?
    Troutman was recently approved for its eastern expansion. The link to the plan can be found here. Councilors this term will participate in making the new area a reality. Other responsibilities include helping the council construct new town buildings and decorate the town for seasonal happenings. Councilors protect Troutman's best interests while also taking the public's opinions and criticism about the town.

In addition, the councilors will have the opportunity to run for office in the senate of the new union with all cities and towns across the server to represent Troutman.

Troutman Councilor Duties
    -> acts on behalf of the public;
    -> discuss board released plans;
    -> vote on said board plans and have one seat on the board. This seat will vote according to what the majority of the council wants on the board vote (say we're voting on to make the official mascot a potato or a carrot. 2 councilors vote potato, the other one votes for carrot. This means the councilor vote on the board will go towards potato.)
    -> have the power to unanimously vote to add or remove board members effective immediately (must always have 4 board members on duty). Board Member appointments must have approval from the mayor; (lol need help on this one, a bit iffy since it's a lot of power)
    -> complete their assigned town tasks, small or large;
    -> help coordinate events;
    -> promote good Troutman vibes and act in a good way to help Troutman and protect its interests.

Councilors will be another way for the main government to interact with the town. It will ensure that something is always happening and that inactive players are removed from the town's major decision body.

Candidate Requirements
    -> a /playtime of at least 12 hours
    -> a /joindate of at least 2 months
    -> cannot be a councilor in more than one town/city aside from Troutman (can run for Troutman councilor + be a councilor in Ocean city, but not Ocean city , Lexford AND run for Troutman councilor.)
    -> must have good Troutman vibes and has a genuine interest in working for the town
    -> brownie points for owning Troutman property!!

How the elections will work & Schedule
    Player sign up by posting below the forums post of the election and say "I am (player name here), and am seeking to be a candidate for the Troutman March 2021 councilor elections"

March 15th: Signups start, post the above statement in the comments section to become a candidate.
    March 22nd: Elections/voting start. Please use the google form linked.
    March 29th: Polls close, votes are checked by the board members for fraudulent votes.

April 1st: Top 5 candidates are sworn into office.

Elections re-cycle every 3 months.

Good luck to all participating candidates and we all hope you can become a Troutypants Councilor

did we mention councilors get a 150kr weekly paycheck?
    -
    Signed Troutman's Council

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  2. Topte

Topte Economy Secretary Economy Secretary Donator

Topte
    I am Topte, and am seeking to be a candidate for the Troutman March 2021 councilor elections.

3. Ferngrove2004

Ferngrove2004 The Turtle Master Environment Manager Donator

Ferngrove2004
    I am Ferngrove, and am seeking to be a candidate for the Troutman March 2021 councilor elections

4. Zzz_King

Zzz_King Member of Parliament Member of Parliament Ranger Police Officer Property Inspector Donator

Zzz_King
    I am _Zzz_King_ , and am seeking to be a candidate for the Troutman March 2021 councilor elections.

5. GidationBoy

GidationBoy Citizen

GidationBoy
    I am GidationBoy BG, and I am seeking to be a candidate for the Troutman March 2021 counselor elections.

6. Tracefais likes this.
  7. Vroomba

Vroomba Constructor Constructor Mayor Donator

Vroomba
    Elections are over!
    Please congratulate GidationBoy, ZZZ, Fern, Creepsteve and Topte for winning!