Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/ucars
(bukkit plugins run on spigot)
I made this plugin suggestion and long time ago (now deleted) and I still stand by the decision to implement it. Here is my argument for it, with a counter-argument.

The current vehicle plugin causes much lag, and although it's nice to have modded cars, the vehicles are almost impossible to drive. It's very hard to control your speed, it takes forever to break (which is not at all true in real life), and it's hard to even go straight on the highway. In addition, the plugin causes so much lag, that you have a bad experience while driving your vehicle.

uCars however can change that. You drive Minecarts around, which are very controllable. You drive them like a boat; you can choose to drive them with your keyboard or your mouse, always changeable in the minecraft settings. You can manage how fast you go by adding special blocks (and you can change these blocks in the config file). You can manage what blocks you can drive on (also configurable in config file).
This would mean players would no longer be allowed to drive on city sidewalks; people will no longer be able to drive in the wild; we can have parking with rails; people will easily drive on the right side of the road; you CAN go straight with uCars; you can even set HOW FAST cars can go. This is amazing! There are probably many other configurations but I am unaware of them. Furthermore, uCars even has a fuel system. We can have gas stations, however it'll more be of a buy fuel from a sign. It won't necessarily exist like it does right now.

In addition, I even read that uCars now features Traffic Lights! This would be uber useful. It is also API configurable for other plugins so we can host events like mario kart as said below.

We can have racing events, and so much more simply due to uCars because they're easy to drive and easy to use and easy to configure. Driving IRL is really not this hard as it is today in our server...

There are also configurable licenses that come with the plugin, which could replace the current licenses. This plugin is 10x more configurable than the current one, and also very much more lag-free. The only change would that uCar licenses would come with is a hefty price, since you can't charge for minecart vehicles. Taking the exam would cost a couple Krunas, but then after the exam is passed, a payment would be charged to the player.

It even works with 1.12.2! All required is a plugin called ProtocolLib.

If this is to be added, the current vehicle plugin should not be removed, but only kept for special purposes such as the pleasure of the prime minister, or the needs for police officers and government officials, OR for players if they don't wish to drive minecarts. Players should at least be able to choose if they'd prefer driving a minecart over a vehicle.

However there comes some negative affects with uCars. They're Minecarts. Minecarts don't look anything like real cars, but we can add a server pack that changes the texture of a minecart to a real life car. There's no fuel GUI. I personally believe that the benefits of this plugin heavily outweigh the negatives. Therefore we should add it. This would render for vehicles to be much more fun, drivable, and a better experience for players overall.

Thanks for reading and I hope we can maybe go somewhere for this. I will support this until there is no more. I think now is the time to add this plugin.

Vroomba

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Does this plugin have car components, such as engines and stuff where you can mix and match?

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Does this plugin have car components, such as engines and stuff where you can mix and match?
No, but there isn't the same thing in the plugin we have currently either.
You basically set a mine-cart down on the ground and drive it (but only specific blocks would work such as coal blocks and yellow clay blocks etc).

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
I like it! I would love for cars to be less laggy and more comfortable to drive but I don't like the idea of getting rid of the Look of the vehicles we have now.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Then we should at least have a compromise where we let players what they prefer driving, just the license for a uCar license will be more expensive, the price of a regular car.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
We don't think this is a necessary feature. Cars shouldn't be that laggy and if they are, just choose a slower alternative. Minecarts as cars look ugly and unrealistic. Adding another car plugin would make the whole system complicated too.