City Announcement Update Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
Hello everyone!

Here you can stay up to date with everything Covington has to offer. All updated that are worth posting will be posted here. Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the updates.​

ferre007_

Citizen
Greetings everyone!
Today I have a update log for you

Updates

Staff team
  • We have been working on creating an efficient staff team, including Councillors, Constructors and other staff. The new staff includes Councillors: GuadzGamez and CatchEmAll1 have been promoted to Head Councilor. New Constructors: DemonWolf_101 and bharatj as Lead Constructor.
  • A big meeting with the board has also been held to gather ideas for the city.​
Construction
  • The airport has been a work in progress for a very long time now. So the construction team has been appointed to finish the airport and change the already done interior.
  • In the Covington suburbs, Royal Oak more plots have been regioned. A pre-built modern house is also up for sale as of this post.
  • Royal Oak will also be getting a lake for the residents to enjoy.
  • A big expansion of the main city will be happening very soon. The expansion will include big 30x30 plots, some smaller plots and a large convention center for future events.
  • We also have a pretty big oceanfront expansion that has already been bought. The expansion is still in planning but may house hotels, a beach and a ferry terminal for ferries going to different cities.
Other info
I have been mayor of Covington for 3 weeks and I and the team have done big progress so far. The city is constantly being worked on and we are trying to make as much progress as fast as possible. Me and Co mayor FlappyChickens got the same vision as me to make Covington a better and more enjoyable place for everyone. We do need staff to make that possible tho so if you are interested in helping to build and improve the city please do apply for constructor here: https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/covington-constructor-application-thread.2239/ . With that said I want to thank you for reading the update log and I hope to see you in Covington!

Last edited:

ferre007_

Citizen
Major Announcement!

Covington is hosting a large sale on every single plot! 50% off!! This discount will end in one week so be fast.

ferre007_

Citizen
Greetings everyone!
Today I have loads of news to share with you all.

Staff Team

Our board has been inactive for a long time but now we are starting from scratch. All inactive councilors have been fired, that enables us to get new people with new ideas on to the team. If you want to apply for councilor check out the thread linked here: https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/covington-councilor-application-thread.5219/

Inactive members of the Construction team has also been fired so we now have one position open in that department if you are interested in applying for city constructor check out this thread: https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/covington-constructor-application-thread.5220/

Construction

Our construction team has been hard at work lately and that can really be seen in the new part of Covington. A while back the city purchased its biggest expansion to date, and in the last month buildings and roads have been built with great speed. I would like to thank Demonwolf_101 and OrangeSkin325 especially for being very active members of the construction team. Without them, we would not have as much progress as we currently have.

We have already completed phase one of construction which is the smaller area of the expansion. Phase one houses Company HQs and also some apartments but the biggest of them all is the Theme Park that is being built. Yes, that is right we are making the biggest Theme Park ever built on Business craft. The construction of the Theme Park will be mostly done by Dustoxic_, Jmarti07, and Myself.

Also Phase two of the expansion is getting along nicely. Mostly road work being done there at the moment but some buildings are starting to appear alongside the water. If you are interested in ordering a building in Phase two please message me on Discord ferre007_ #3275. Note that we will not be selling any plots in Phase two but only pre-made buildings. This is so that we can control the height and look of all buildings to avoid any eyesores.

To get to the expansion you go past the City hall and then turn right to the bridge that goes over the highway, then you just keep going on that road and you should reach Phase one. You are very welcome to have a look!

To-do list for the City
  • Updating all the roads in the old part of Covington to match with the new design.
  • Remaking and completing the Covington suburbs.
  • Major clearing of eyesores in the city.
  • A possible remake of the city hall.
  • More clear rules for the city.
  • Optimizing the staff team to get more efficient.
  • Adding to the Covington city forums thread and Discord.

Other Info

These City announcements will be happening more regularly from now on. I am not sure how often we will be doing them but much more frequently than before that I can guarantee.

I thank you for reading this major Update Log and I hope to see you in Covington in the near future!

To round this announcement up here are some pictures from the expansion.​

Pictures of the Expansion

Phase two from the water. You can also see parts of the Theme Park on the right.

2019-08-08_11.12.01.png

Phase one from the Theme Park entrance.

2019-08-08_11.12.25.png

Phase one from the other side of the channel. To the left, you can see the road going to the old part of the city. And on the right, you see the first building of Phase two.

2019-08-08_11.12.52.png

Phase two from the ocean. You can see the large area still to be built on.

2019-08-08_11.16.47.png

Reactions: Kat

ferre007_

Citizen
Hello Everyone!
Today I have some updates to share with you.

Construction

I will start the Update Log with my favorite subject. Our building progress

Expansion progress

As you know from our previous Update Log we are building a giant expansion that will be filled with prebuilt buildings for Apartments, Shops and Offices. Since the last update we now have a supermarket built. This is however not set up yet so it is closed for the moment. Along with the supermarket, we are working on some buildings with shops that will be able to rent or buy. These buildings combined make up our shopping district.

Modernization of our roads

Along with this, I have had my hands full changing all old Covington roads to a new design. This is all a part of our goal to update Covington to the current standards since much of the old roads were built a long time ago.

News on our Theme Park Project

So we announced in the last update that we where getting a theme park built in Covington. This is still the case but we have ended our contract with Dustoxic_ and Jmarti07 and the city construction team will now take over the project. With that takeover comes some new plans and ideas for the area. This is however in the early stages of planning, more info on this will be released in the next update.

Future Plans

Covington is looking to modernize more than just with our new roads. I myself have never really been a big fan of our City hall. I think a big and growing city as Covington should have a bigger City hall with offices and meeting rooms, and nice surrounding decoration. These plans still have to be discussed with our board and constructors.

Plans for our suburbs

As far as we know many people do not even know that Covington has a suburbs. This is a big missed opportunity for the city, so we want to bring it back to life with upgraded infrastructure and new houses that are up to date with modern building standards. Stay tuned for more updates on this in the future.

Other info

We are still looking for city Councillors! If you think its the job for you then you can read more about it here: https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/covington-councilor-application-thread.5219/

Thanks for reading this Update Log! Let's end it with some nice pictures!

upload_2019-10-31_23-47-7.png
A picture of our new roads

upload_2019-10-31_23-49-59.png

Our shopping district with the Supermarket in the middle

upload_2019-10-31_23-51-11.png

A picture taken from the other side of the shopping district

ferre007_

Citizen
Greetings everyone!
I have some updates for you.

Construction

Expansion progress

Our shopping district has now been completed and the shops have been regioned. So if anyone is interested in opening a shop in Covington be sure to check it out! Some green areas have also been built around the area to make the environment feel better and open up some space. More buildings have also been built most notably our biggest building yet the large hotel and business center.

Some yachts have also been built at the expansion. These will mostly be sold on auction and will be made in limited numbers so keep a lookout for any yacht auctions in the near future.

Removing of old buildings

This has been mentioned before in other update logs but the city will be undergoing big changes. We are evicting a bunch of inactive plots and vaulting many old unused buildings in the city. This makes room for new businesses to open and for the city to evolve. So if you are interested in a plot you should check if anything has been recently evicted.

Plans for the future

The Covington airport has been the same for almost as long as the city has existed and we feel its time for something new and fresh. That is why we are making a new one! That is right, the planning for our new airport is already close to completion and the removal of the old airport will start very soon. The new airport will be about the same size as our current airport but will be much more easy to use and better looking. The location of the new airport will be in front of the city hall.

Talking about the city hall I have already stated in a previous update log that it needs to be renewed. It has been brought up with the city constructors and we all agree that something needs to be done. Our current plans are to remove the buildings surrounding the current city hall and make one large plot where the new one will stand. Detailed planning of the city hall has not been started as of right now.

Other info

Remember if your business operates in Covington city make sure to contact ferre007_ so that your business can be listed on our list of companies/businesses operating in Covington city.

Thank you for reading the update log. Here are some pictures of our latest progress.

Pictures

upload_2020-2-3_22-26-41.png

Our completed shopping district and green spaces

2020-01-29_17.55.46.png

Our biggest building in the expansion yet

2020-02-03_22.34.50.png

The planned entrance of our new airport

2020-02-03_22.35.35.png

The exterior of the airport

upload_2020-2-3_22-30-57.png

Our plans for the new airport and city hall

The blue represents the plot for the airport and possible bus station. as shown in the picture the old airport land will be made into plots instead

ferre007_

Citizen
Hello Everyone!
It is time for another city update!

Construction

As usual, I will start with our construction progress.

New Airport!

In the previous update I announced our new airport was coming and now it has finally arrived! The old airport has also been removed while the new airport has not been set up yet. We apologize for any inconvenience this causing for players traveling to and from Covington. We are still planning the new use of the old airport plot. Right now it looks like it will feature plots and maybe some park for the public to enjoy.

New City Hall!

I did not only announce the airport in the last update but also the new and improved city hall! This is a building we are spending much time developing since it is the first building you will see upon exiting the airport. The new building will be about four times larger than the current one and will feature the following: Offices for all of Covingtons staff, a rentable Ballroom, a Pressroom, multiple Meeting rooms and more. The plot of the City hall will also house a tourist building which will be a place where you read about the rules of the city and also about what the city has to offer. The area around the City hall will be a public square/park.

Staff Team

Moving on to a topic that has been become more active lately, our wonderful staff team.

New members

We had a wave of players applying for Councilor positions and right now we got a full boardroom. This is a great thing for the city since we will be able to complete certain tasks much faster than before. City changes will be happening more frequently from now on.

Other info

For any questions or suggestions regarding Covington feel free to message me on Discord at ferre007_ #3475

I thank you for reading this Update Log!

Now enjoy some progress pictures!

Pictures

2020-05-11_01.17.18.png

The Ballroom of the City Hall

2020-05-11_01.16.27.png

The main entrance of the City Hall ( the middle will feature some kind of sculpture)

2020-05-11_01.10.26.png

The new airport

Status
Not open for further replies.