Department of Health
Department of Public Affairs
Donator
SpaceSlayer_
SpaceSlayer_
Justice Minister
- Username: the_slayer1999
- Suggestion Title: Vote To Ban
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): i see many new players join to advertise so you should add Vote to ban like some1 start /votetoban or /vote2ban and the player name appear on the screen or on the chat and if they reach enough votes the player gets banned BUT there must be enough proof that this person did that action and if it was a reason to be discussed with the player go ahead u can do that as well if you like
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): IDK
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: trust me we need that when there is no staff online

OR YOU CAN AS WELL ADD /votetokick or /vote2kick

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
I'd rather like /votetokick. I feel this would be useful when an admin or moderator isn't on to control a situation.

Kat

flower girl
Donator
In my opinion as a staff member we have people apply to be in a position to be able to make the right judgement to punish people whether it be with kicks or bans. We only pick the people we feel we can trust to give out these punishments. Having players who are not staff members be able to do this removes that trust in judgement.

Players already abuse /getop and trick other players with it that aren’t even doing any harm, so why should we add this when people are immature with /getop.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
I have seen this plugin before on other servers that are well knitted communities, similar to ours.

For a person to be muted it required a certain amount of people to type the command in chat for the vote to pass.

If someone was wrongly muted, it was able to be easily checked and undone if needed.

Unfortunately, I am not sure what the plugin was, because I believe it was custom.

However, since staffers could not be on 24/7 (pretty much every small server has this scenario), a rule-breaker would occasionally join. Luckily since they had that command they could do something about it.

Again, I don’t remember 100% but I think it distributed mutes instead of kicks or bans. They also had policies in set for players to follow as to stop people from talking in chat (stop feeding the trolls) and showed people with infographics what to do if something like that happened (/ignore the attacker’ - just like the evacuation drills there are at schools and earthquake drills).

It was really smart. These toxic people though aren’t too frequent for our case. So, if we do put in place special policies to follow when there is an attacker, (/ignore, turn off dynmap, stay at your home, don’t go to capital city etc), then I don’t think this would need to be added.

Maybe in the future if this becomes a bigger issue then I would for sure re-consider my opinion.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
2RDR2EZ.png

Sorry.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
This will not be added. We already have staff members (and police officers if necessary) to punish players accordingly. Kat put out an excellent statement regarding /getop as well.