Answered / Added Warp Idea

Hello fellow minecrafters. I am here to propose the idea that now that we have to pay to warp we should at least be able to set 2 homes so we can warp to 2 places of our choice without cost. I proposed this idea in chat and had many agree with me. I would really appreciate if this could be implemented in BC. Thank you for your time.

-Goodbye_Parrot

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Couldn't this be abused and people would use it for non-warp purposes, such as places in the wild?

RedFr0st

On lunch break for 2 weeks now
Donator
I kinda agree with this but I feel like you gotta pay for it like k10,000 or something for there is a reason on why warp cost money and that reason is to make it more realistic and make warps kinda like a bus stop, sure its expensive but that is why you buy a car and sure those are expensive as well but you can also walk everywhere you like and if you don't know the location you use the dynmap and a second warp isn't just for the city you can have both in the wild one for example in a farm that you own or an End portal and one at your own home or apartment in the city since some people actually have more then one house that they own.

CatchEmAll1

Citizen
Multiple /sethomes is something reserved for donators. And, the Wild warps no longer cost any money as it was changed earlier today.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
maybe make a second home purchasable with krunas. like 15,000 Krunas to purchase a secondary sethome, and only one extra one is available without donating real money. I don't think you should automatically get a second home though.

wild warps should cost money, the only thing that shouldn't is spawn (and tutorial I suppose)

RedFr0st

Donator
maybe make a second home purchasable with krunas. like 15,000 Krunas to purchase a secondary sethome, and only one extra one is available without donating real money. I don't think you should automatically get a second home though.

wild warps should cost money, the only thing that shouldn't is spawn (and tutorial I suppose)
Yes I put 10,000 since that seemed about enough but if you can afford it you should buy it some people take planes or drive long distanced to go to one place if they had a second /home there then they could go home or travel much faster sure it's unrealistic but at the same time we have teleportation and a second should be earned not just be given to a person.

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
I personally disagree with multiple homes for this reason. Since the wild warps are free, the only places with a warp fee would be in the city. That too, spawn is a free warp. Every place in the city can be accessed relatively quickly for free. The multiple homes is currently reserved for donators and making this public would create less of a purpose for donating. Again, if multiple homes were made publicly available, it would likely be abused and is honestly useless considering, again, that every area in the city is accessible for free. In short, I don’t think multiple homes are needed since they would be abused. The new warp system does not affect the wild and as for the city, every place can be accessed for free. But this is just my opinion and I’d like to hear more opinions on this idea.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I personally disagree with multiple homes for this reason. Since the wild warps are free, the only places with a warp fee would be in the city. That too, spawn is a free warp. Every place in the city can be accessed relatively quickly for free. The multiple homes is currently reserved for donators and making this public would create less of a purpose for donating. Again, if multiple homes were made publicly available, it would likely be abused and is honestly useless considering, again, that every area in the city is accessible for free. In short, I don’t think multiple homes are needed since they would be abused. The new warp system does not affect the wild and as for the city, every place can be accessed for free. But this is just my opinion and I’d like to hear more opinions on this idea.

Say you have a farm very far north of the capital but your house is in OCC. That's a super long distance between them, and most of it isn't covered by the highway. Being able to purchase a second sethome using Krunas would earn you the ability to set 2 homes, so you could get back and forth from the farm and the home in the example I gave.
A second sethome would definitely have to be earned, like we've all suggested. And we do not believe you should get it for free.
I believe all warps besides spawn should be tolled though.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Say you have a farm very far north of the capital but your house is in OCC. That's a super long distance between them, and most of it isn't covered by the highway. Being able to purchase a second sethome using Krunas would earn you the ability to set 2 homes, so you could get back and forth from the farm and the home in the example I gave.
A second sethome would definitely have to be earned, like we've all suggested. And we do not believe you should get it for free.
I believe all warps besides spawn should be tolled though.
Or you could alternatively do:
/spawn and travel north.

RedFr0st

Donator
You right although it seems unfair it makes sense since these people who have donated actually real money get the ability to get more than one home and more but that's just life.