Answered / Added Job Tier (ranking) system

This will allow for players to progress through their job and obtain new features or higher payment through different tasks. This plugin allows for you to advance in rankings by doing your specific job tasks or gaining enough money to rank up. Here is a list of how the current jobs would work.

Farmer(1) - This would be the default job rank and you can have access to a basic shop or something.
Farmer(2) - The second rank you can obtain by farming (xxx) amount of crops or reaching (xxx) amount of Krunas and you will have access to a new shop that buys crops for more or whatever the owner wants.
Farmer(3) - Similar to previous ranks but has access to different features.

Hunter(1) - This would be the default job rank and you get money for killing mobs.
Hunter(2) - The second rank you can obtain by killing (xxx) amount of mobs or reaching (xxx) amount of Krunas and you will have access to a new shop that buys mob drops or sells/repairs things.
Hunter(3) Similar to previous ranks but has access to different features.

Pilot(1) - This would be the default job rank and you get money for transporting players.
Pilot(2) - The second rank you can obtain by obtaining enough money or purchasing a more expensive plane if possible and they would have access to something new.
Pilot(3) - Similar to previous ranks but has access to different features. (Why isn't pilot a job yet?)

You get the big picture on this suggestion as it allows for players to pick one job and achieve something other than money and for them to be happy doing one specific job. The more you rank up the harder it will take to rank up and it could take multiple months to achieve the highest rank depending on what the owner configures. The job name doesn't have to be (1)(2)(3) but it could be something similar or have a title based on the original job. This feature is basically on the server as you can look at DoH and see they provide players with a way to obtain Hospital Secretary rank after earning it. The plugin allows players to do /rankup once they obtain the required krunas/blocks broken/experience/items/etc. It would differentiate one player from another based on his/her dedication towards their job which would be fun and realistic as when you start working you gain experience and raises.

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/autorank.3239/

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
This will allow for players to progress through their job and obtain new features or higher payment through different tasks. This plugin allows for you to advance in rankings by doing your specific job tasks or gaining enough money to rank up. Here is a list of how the current jobs would work.

Farmer(1) - This would be the default job rank and you can have access to a basic shop or something.
Farmer(2) - The second rank you can obtain by farming (xxx) amount of crops or reaching (xxx) amount of Krunas and you will have access to a new shop that buys crops for more or whatever the owner wants.
Farmer(3) - Similar to previous ranks but has access to different features.

Hunter(1) - This would be the default job rank and you get money for killing mobs.
Hunter(2) - The second rank you can obtain by killing (xxx) amount of mobs or reaching (xxx) amount of Krunas and you will have access to a new shop that buys mob drops or sells/repairs things.
Hunter(3) Similar to previous ranks but has access to different features.

Pilot(1) - This would be the default job rank and you get money for transporting players.
Pilot(2) - The second rank you can obtain by obtaining enough money or purchasing a more expensive plane if possible and they would have access to something new.
Pilot(3) - Similar to previous ranks but has access to different features. (Why isn't pilot a job yet?)

You get the big picture on this suggestion as it allows for players to pick one job and achieve something other than money and for them to be happy doing one specific job. The more you rank up the harder it will take to rank up and it could take multiple months to achieve the highest rank depending on what the owner configures. The job name doesn't have to be (1)(2)(3) but it could be something similar or have a title based on the original job. This feature is basically on the server as you can look at DoH and see they provide players with a way to obtain Hospital Secretary rank after earning it. The plugin allows players to do /rankup once they obtain the required krunas/blocks broken/experience/items/etc. It would differentiate one player from another based on his/her dedication towards their job which would be fun and realistic as when you start working you gain experience and raises.

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/autorank.3239/
Personally I do not see the practicality of this in a server like BusinessCraft. Players will almost always start off not making a lot, then as they upgrade their bar; farm; whatever business they own, or get promotions/raises from their bosses, they will start to earn more. I feel like this addition would add to the economical issues that already exist on the server such as too much government dependence financially. If players want to make more money then they need to work harder, not go through a ranking system I feel is similar to that which you see on modern towns/survival servers.

Personally I do not see the practicality of this in a server like BusinessCraft. Players will almost always start off not making a lot, then as they upgrade their bar; farm; whatever business they own, or get promotions/raises from their bosses, they will start to earn more. I feel like this addition would add to the economical issues that already exist on the server such as too much government dependence financially. If players want to make more money then they need to work harder, not go through a ranking system I feel is similar to that which you see on modern towns/survival servers.
I agree with you on not wanting jobs to depend off the government but there are other ways of adding benefits that don't provide more money. Like Hunters already rely mostly off the government and lets say they spend (xxx) Krunas to rank up for a 1.2x increase in money or 1.1x increase I feel that would be fair for that specific job. But when it comes to Brewers they could rank up and have access to new alcohols and Farmers could have access to a farming region in the city or some sort of benefit where they do not have better ways of making money but better ways to spend their money. Maybe Entrepreneurs could rank up and have access to a new mall with larger shops/etc? There are plenty of rewards that don't necessarily depend off the government for money.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
I agree with you on not wanting jobs to depend off the government but there are other ways of adding benefits that don't provide more money. Like Hunters already rely mostly off the government and lets say they spend (xxx) Krunas to rank up for a 1.2x increase in money or 1.1x increase I feel that would be fair for that specific job. But when it comes to Brewers they could rank up and have access to new alcohols and Farmers could have access to a farming region in the city or some sort of benefit where they do not have better ways of making money but better ways to spend their money. Maybe Entrepreneurs could rank up and have access to a new mall with larger shops/etc? There are plenty of rewards that don't necessarily depend off the government for money.
Brewers need to vote for the recipes, find them online, or ask a player to buy a book/recipe from them, with people having that knowledge already there would be little to enforce the ranking system.
There is already a large farming area outside the suburbs were players could buy farms from other players if theyd like a farm near the city.
The entrepreneur shop was removed for a reason, a few people were getting all the money with a choice of paying it to others for services/goods/ect. Also it was a bit difficult to enforce the rules of the entrepreneur shop anyways.

D

DoctorThunder7

Oh boy that would be a lot of shops. Id rather keep away from shops as much as possible but instead benefits. Hunter can gain more for each kill depending on the rank. Farmers is tricky. Maybe if we can get a farming assist plugin and after a certain tier players gain access to it. Writers can gain access in to the Newsstand in hire tiers maybe if able to sell the the library. Brewers.....Maybe able to purchase materials from a brewer shop (can't do much with them lol). I'd rather not have government jobs have ranks. That would include Tour Guide, Property Inspectors, and Doctors

Implementation is going to be a pain. A group would have to be made for each job. I know they can inherit the previous groups perms and stuff just take a bit to set up each group then set the rank up plugin to certain condition for each group/rank.

Ex
Job Hunter: Player can kill mob to gain Kaunas and sell there mob drops
Novice Hunter: Base Rank. 20% bonus with Kill streaks 50% bonus. Rank up 5 hours +50 mobs killed
Journeyman Hunter: 2nd Rank. 25% bonus with Kill streaks 55% bonus. Rank up 10 Hours +150 mobs killed
Experienced Hunter: 3rd Rank. 30% Bonus with Kill streaks 60% bonus

The Issues:

This would favor some jobs more then other. I know brewer cant really have any ranks due to they can't sell in chest shops and you cant really lock drinks recipes behind anything. Also any new jobs created would need to have ranks. So it would be interesting but very hard to implement. Do-able though

William_CTO

Creator of Dark Mode on Forums
Donator
William_CTO
William_CTO
Tier4
Doable, yes. The concept has grounds too.We'd need to flesh out a good starter set of benefits before going further and adding it.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
Im still thinking it would add to existing economical issues. As ive said before here, if people put in the time, they can upgrade their businesses or receive a pay raise from their boss if not self employed. The servers goal is realism an this would take away from the realism this server has and does good at maintaining.